Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Dredded Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
So, I entered the Underdark from the temple! Made my way down through the puzzle yadda yadda..How the heck are yall defeating the Bullete. It tears my group up in 2 rounds or less.

I am using a Warrior, shadow,gale and Astarion...I am at a loss here.

N
old hand
old hand
N
You are not meant to defeat them if your group is not high level enough. They are more like environmental hazards. Send a scoot ahead. He or she will possibly be attacked. And after getting into stealth or drinking a potion of invisibility, the bulette will get bored and move away.

Last edited by Nyanko; 12/10/20 12:08 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
You can beat it as level 4 group, start spread out so it won't nuke your whole party with jump and then pray for dice. You can always use external items too if you need extra oompf, unlike minotaurs this one is actually more threatening because it has 120 or 140 health, so you can't take it out in one turn unless some massive cheese.

Dredded Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I am level 4 now, might I ask your group composition? About to try again with 2 warriors, shadow and astarion.

W
stranger
stranger
W
Not easy but i did it.
As i left the Temple entrance i made a left, there is a ramp that goes down, it seems to always spawn there. I split the group, put both of my mage and warlock up top above the Ramp and took my warrior and cleric down right up against him.
From there is just nuke him, stay close with melee, his jump does way too much damage. Actually it ran away the very first time and went into the ground at 17 HP, then i found him again somewhere else and finished him off.

journeyman
journeyman
I beat it with Ranger (me), Lae-zel, Gale and Shadowheart all at lvl 4. Stay spread out, use Lae'zels special attack that can cause fear. If that hits you just DPS it down while it runs. That's how I did it anyway.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Yea twice it just burrowed after I hit it for a decent amount, the third time I had to battle it all the way through.
After somewhat surviving the deadly leap he wasted a lot of attacks with biting a dead companion or spitting the acid that didn't seem to hurt too much. Also two ranged characters on elevated ground did some good damage.

journeyman
journeyman
I widdled it down over time starting at lvl 2 and with help from the enemies at the Sarrun tree and the Minotaurs. I fought it for a while then it left and later reappeared in another location to fight again. Since it keeps the damage you cause it finally died by the time I was lvl 4.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
I beat it at lvl 4 with me (Ranger), Lae'zel, Shadowheart and Astorian. But, I brought help. I purchased the aid of the 3 ogres you find at the Blighted Village. I called them in to help me fight the Minotaurs, and the Bullete. They aren't great, but they pull attacks for about 3 rounds or so instead of decimating my party. Gave me a lot of solid damage the first fight. It then flees. The second fight I finished it.

Last edited by Rhend; 12/10/20 11:31 PM.
Dredded Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Rhend
I beat it at lvl 4 with me (Ranger), Lae'zel, Shadowheart and Astorian. But, I brought help. I purchased the aid of the 3 ogres you find at the Blighted Village. I called them in to help me fight the Minotaurs, and the Bullete. They aren't great, but they pull attacks for about 3 rounds or so instead of decimating my party. Gave me a lot of solid damage the first fight. It then flees. The second fight I finished it.

Im a goody goody I killed the ogres! lol

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Originally Posted by Dredded

lol. Well, doesn't seem to be much in there about alignment, and since the game gave me the chance to play nice with the Goblins, I did, until it no longer benefited me to do so. =)

Honestly though, they suck. The Bullete and Mino's ran through them. They are really only good as aggro magnets (it's almost like they taunt, but don't actually taunt, everything charges them).

Last edited by Rhend; 13/10/20 09:50 AM.
N
old hand
old hand
N

lol. Well, doesn't seem to be much in there about alignment, and since the game gave me the chance to play nice with the Goblins, I did, until it no longer benefited me to do so. =)

Honestly though, they suck. The Bullete and Mino's ran through them. They are really only good as aggro magnets (it's almost like they taunt, but don't actually taunt, everything charges them).

If you play a drow, they give you the keys basically lol

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Originally Posted by Nyanko

If you play a drow, they give you the keys basically lol

I went Half Drow, there was a few chats where Drow was an option.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Odd...I didn't know we were supposed to fight the bulette....it appeared, ran through the party...did little damage and ran off. Did that twice and I never saw it again.

Link Copied to Clipboard