Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#679565 07/10/20 08:32 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Personaly, I hate this feature to "break" a chain to let my companion wandering alone (It was already the case in DoS sadly).
I prefer a simple selection system with a shortcut to grab all the party.

And you ?

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
I agree. I hate the chaining. Just click to select, tab click to select multiple characters, click and drag to select characters on the map, etc.

I also don’t like that I can’t group my summons/minions together to go all scout. If I click on summon 1, move away, click on summon 2, then summon 1 returns to its caster’s side.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Of course, takes too much to unchain them and re-order (gets chained while doing this or the order gets messed up), and it's a must for fights and sneaking around.
Then I go to camp and when leaving they are joined again. Unchain them again one by one. Then adjust their order, because can't select same with F1 to F4 if they aren't in the right order. Then link them again before entering a door that goes into a different instance, otherwise only the selected enters, which is fine sometimes but not always.

Best would be to give us party related customizable buttons:
1. link them all, while keeping them in the order I set them manually before (my char is F1, fighter is F2, cleric is F3, wizard is F4)
2. unlink just my char, keep rest linked, still keep the order I set
3. unlink all, but still keep them in same order F1 to F4

journeyman
journeyman
lol, i created similar topic, i just suggested go like original BGs, there some little things like this, that can make much more feel like BG, lose oil/grease barrels at every corner so we won't have every possible area on fire, change inventory and trade windows so they won't remind us of DOS.

journeyman
journeyman
I think the only people that like it are a few Larian employees.

veteran
veteran
+1
This is an issue discussed in many topics.
Hope they'll change that because it's very anoying.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 14/10/20 06:54 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus

Link Copied to Clipboard