Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
pnu Offline
stranger
stranger
P
Why cant people just give their saves meaningful names? Thats what Ive been doing. I just use "Run <x> - <whatever situation im saving in>". You could describe your character's race+class or whatever you want. If I ever get too confused with that system, I'll just start using sessions on top of that but still havent felt the need for that.

Can we not have both? Autosorting saves by character (like Skyrim's saves) but also the option to make separate profiles for multiplayer?

apprentice
apprentice
Profile 1 - Bob's rogue
Profile 2 - Jane's mage
Profile 3 - Bob's mage
Profile 4 - Jane's warlock

Somehow I managed to solve both problems with existing technology.

That said, I can't imagine it's all that hard to have saves by character name as well. Would probably be nice.

Last edited by SFPuck; 14/10/20 09:38 AM.
old hand
old hand
With the current bug I am having I am glad for the separate profiles. I use one for each character and had to abandon one since any save on that profile crashes my game. Doesn't take long to load up a different profile and this system seems better organized than a lot of other games, especially with having a serious case of altitis.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Zarna
With the current bug I am having I am glad for the separate profiles. I use one for each character and had to abandon one since any save on that profile crashes my game. Doesn't take long to load up a different profile and this system seems better organized than a lot of other games, especially with having a serious case of altitis.

This is why I use a 'rolling save' system. I have a 'main save' then 4 saves I use for things like encounters etc.
#savescummâ„¢

Love and sausages xx
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Alodar
I've been trying out a bunch of different characters instead of playing one all the way through, and realized today that they have all been saved over.

Having 15 quick saves and 10 autosaves is pointless if each character overwrites the other character's saves.

Yes I am aware that you can save a game under a specific name and it won't be overwritten, but I was expecting that each character had their own quick saves.

Please sort the saves by the character, it will cause less frustration for idiots like myself and makes it much easier to find a specific game if you are playing multiple characters.

Agree entirely - I had this same issue in Divinity OS. Incredibly annoying.

.i.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by SFPuck
Profile 1 - Bob's rogue
Profile 2 - Jane's mage
Profile 3 - Bob's mage
Profile 4 - Jane's warlock

Somehow I managed to solve both problems with existing technology.

That said, I can't imagine it's all that hard to have saves by character name as well. Would probably be nice.

So under each Profile I get the same amount of Saves/Quick Saves etc?

.i.
stranger
stranger
If profiles are meant to be used to cluster save games, then "New Game" should create a new profile.

Using it for this purpose might be helpful for roleplaying, but it's not intuitive and nothing in the menu points to this.

As for naming: I name my save games like this "Charactername - after ship crash".
(btw. it's really annoying that you have click into the save file name to edit it, instead of your cursor automatically being in the naming field)
I reuse the save states until another big event happens or I enter a new area, then I makae a new one. Especially right now with bugs possibly killing your save game permanently.

But I'm also currently trying out lots of different characters right now, so my save game list ist rather long with 84 different save games!
15 of them auto-saves, 15 quick-saves and the rest for 10 different characters at various points in the game.
Finding the right save game for a character I haven't played within the last two days is a chore!

I think they absolutely should automatically cluster the save games per character or automatically make a new profile when you create a new game.

Alodar Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by KainLexington
If profiles are meant to be used to cluster save games, then "New Game" should create a new profile.

That is an excellent solution.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by spaceweed10â„¢

So under each Profile I get the same amount of Saves/Quick Saves etc?

As far as I can tell, yeah.
I haven't reached a limit on number of profiles yet.

I have yet to find a way to rename a profile though, so you kinda have to know what you are planning to make ahead of time.

Last edited by SFPuck; 15/10/20 12:50 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard