Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#695281 14/10/20 01:51 AM
pill0ws Offline OP
OP Offline
Please. Whether the decision to keep disengage tied to the same button as jump.... or the decision to remove bonus action disengage as a feature of all characters and make Jump a separate command, whatever you decide to do with the Jump / Disengage command, please do add a hotkey for it just like theres a stealth hotkey. thankyou, that is all

Last edited by pill0ws; 14/10/20 01:52 AM.
pill0ws #695518 14/10/20 04:18 AM
K
stranger
stranger
K
Maybe also a modifier on that hotkey to make the whole party follow behind? Because changing to each character to make them jump kinda sucks.

pill0ws #695677 14/10/20 06:39 AM
journeyman
journeyman
No, it's not an FPS game.

pill0ws #695818 14/10/20 08:28 AM
old hand
old hand
Oh my god yes. I end up clicking Jump so often, and every time I'm like "why isn't there a key for this?"

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Darth Rauko

This response is nonsensical. We have a hotkey for stealth, why not for jump?

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Knightcrawler
Maybe also a modifier on that hotkey to make the whole party follow behind? Because changing to each character to make them jump kinda sucks.

And what if you don't want the whole party to make the jump?

.i.
journeyman
journeyman

What? All buttons in the 'control panel' area should be hot-keyable - just the same as in RTS games.

.i.
pill0ws #696440 14/10/20 01:36 PM
journeyman
journeyman
By itself, the "jump" function is too OP in use, features and reuse.
It should be limited to rogues in D&D5. Everyone is a kangaroo right now. Should decrease movement or have lesser range based on how much you moved, not have a hotkey.

stranger
stranger
By itself, the "jump" function is too OP in use, features and reuse.
It should be limited to rogues in D&D5. Everyone is a kangaroo right now. Should decrease movement or have lesser range based on how much you moved, not have a hotkey.

By this logic, nobody but rangers should be able to dual wield. Nobody but rogues should be able to stealth. Nobody but wizards should be able to use scrolls.
I think you're either misunderstanding what "hotkey" means, or you're just being needlessly argumentative.

pill0ws #696551 14/10/20 02:24 PM
old hand
old hand
If no one but rogues could jump you wouldn't be able to get your non rogue characters through the game.

I'm quite sure Jump is a univeral skill, such as Swim, that every character in DnD can use.

Imagine actually believing that Monks shouldn't be able to jump, what is slowfall and wind stance for then?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf
If no one but rogues could jump you wouldn't be able to get your non rogue characters through the game.

I'm quite sure Jump is a univeral skill, such as Swim, that every character in DnD can use.

Imagine actually believing that Monks shouldn't be able to jump, what is slowfall and wind stance for then?

In case you fall off something while you're waiting for the rogue to build a bridge.

pill0ws #696786 14/10/20 03:48 PM
G
apprentice
apprentice
G
1: Jump definitely needs a hotkey. It gets used so frequently in exploration and it gets frustrating when I have to slow down to a crawl jumping one character at a time with sluggish control.

2: Jump either needs to be made into a full action in combat (and turn into a bonus action for Rogues), or it needs to be disassociated with Disengage. Ironically, this doesn't really depower rogues, but it does depower things like Shocking Grasp, making it total trash.

3: My suggestion is make Jump neither action nor bonus action, just movement. Add a new Disengage action. Add a new Rogue (and goblin, etc) ability called Disengage, which is a bonus action.

golw #696903 14/10/20 04:24 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by golw

3: My suggestion is make Jump neither action nor bonus action, just movement. Add a new Disengage action. Add a new Rogue (and goblin, etc) ability called Disengage, which is a bonus action.

This sounds perfect.

pill0ws #696904 14/10/20 04:24 PM
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Oh man I big agree. Jump would be so nice to not have to constantly click back and forth.

pill0ws #761472 01/03/21 10:37 PM
stranger
stranger
I feel like the jump mechanics are great the way they are! I'd rather not see it become a regular action where you can spam the spacebar to get a height advantage on a an attack, or be used with the triple distance castable buff to traverse Faerun in a few mighty leaps lol

We just need to be able to bind and rebind this to our mouse/keyboard, in addition to the other actions proximal to Jump in the bar!

When I end the day and return to my camp, I dream of being able to push X to enter jump mode, and X again to perform the jump!

Please, spare my index finger! Please, let Jump and Shove and Help Up get a keybind!

pill0ws #761481 01/03/21 10:57 PM
veteran
veteran
I'm dreaming of auto jump like in Solasta.
Not sure it would be possible in BG3.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 01/03/21 10:57 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
pill0ws #761484 01/03/21 11:19 PM
D
D
Every (bonus) action in that bar with jump, dash etc. should be hotkeyable.

And yes, Darth Rauko, of course the way jumping is handled in this game is totally cartoonish, unrealistic, immersion-breaking and OP, but that's just Larian unable to step out of their DOS comfort zone. After the last stream, I doubt this will get changed/fixed, so yes, at the very least, they should give us the option to hotkey it, making it at least a little tiny bit less obnoxious.

pill0ws #761579 02/03/21 07:44 AM
M
M
Regarding autojumping, yesterday i was playing BG3 a little with patch4, just causally exploring the map (in bear form) with my companions superhero-jump-following me as usual (the sound of multiple companion jumps is still like huge monsters are after me).

I got to the top of a hill with multiple manual jumps, because I saw something there. Once I wanted to leave, I must have had a blackout or smthg because I just clicked to a destination point to get down from there and I swear to god my main character made an AUTOJUMP by himself. He was knocking himself to prone because it was a huge jump (which makes it even stranger). I thought my eyes deceived me! It was glorious. Not sure how and why it happened, probably a glitch in the code or something as everything went back to normal after this.

The funny thing is that my companions did not follow me (i guess they stopped because the fall would hit them), they did not go around, just stood there. I guess they were as surprised as me.

Anyway +1 to make Jump neither action/bonus action, just movement and separate Disengage.
Hotkeys for more generic actions would be nice indeed, even better with the option to select all party and command them the same thing (sneak for example). Its tedious to set them all to sneak separately when i want the whole party to sneak through an area.

pill0ws #761583 02/03/21 08:29 AM
old hand
old hand
Yeah, the game should let you do four things in regards to jumping.

1: Bind Jump to a hotkey, the same way stealth is already bound to one by default.

2: Allow your character to auto jump up or down ledges if they are able to do so normally without having to roll a check to see if they end up damaging themselves if they fail. If you are in a combat situation, automatically do it if you're trying to move somewhere that requires jumping if you have enough movement points.

3: Separate Jump from Disengage. Make Jump a free action, but with a once per turn limit (so high strength characters can't go leaping across the entire battlefield).

4: Have an option in the settings that can enable or disable auto-jumping in combat, if you want your jumps to be super precise and don't want to accidentally waste the one free jump per turn.

pill0ws #761855 03/03/21 07:25 AM
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by pill0ws
Please. Whether the decision to keep disengage tied to the same button as jump.... or the decision to remove bonus action disengage as a feature of all characters and make Jump a separate command, whatever you decide to do with the Jump / Disengage command, please do add a hotkey for it just like theres a stealth hotkey. thankyou, that is all
Because it would be nice QoL change, that would save time, yes, I think that we do need this in the game.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard