Print Thread
#696122 14/10/20 11:14 AM
D
Deveny Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
For you lore-steeped folks, which side (Blood War) are these fiends on at the moment?

Deveny #696225 14/10/20 12:04 PM
D
Deveny Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Maybe no one knows. I read on the Wiki that they're everywhere now on the lower planes and not tied to a particular faction, but that doesn't help me much in formulating a theory.

Below contains a couple of in-game spoilers and wild guessing about what's going on.

My theory at the moment is that the dreams the PC has are not caused by the tadpole at all, but by a succubus/incubus. This would have to be a super special tadpole to seduce its host into accepting it when it could just eat the brain and have control. But a succubus's MO is seduction, and those dreams are most definitely seduction. So I'm trying to decide if the PC is a pawn for one side or a tug of war rope between both. Maybe I'm way off base, but a figure is standing over the PC the first time they sleep after using the tadpole, and I'm pretty sure it's a winged figure. Then, if you keep using the tadpole, you get a vision of looking over a city (I assume Baldur's Gate) that is half in flames. What purpose would that serve for the illithids? Guess I'll keep wondering for now.

Deveny #696329 14/10/20 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by Deveny
Maybe I'm way off base, but a figure is standing over the PC the first time they sleep after using the tadpole, and I'm pretty sure it's a winged figure.

In my lolth drow cleric cutscene I got a spider leg in view.

Last edited by Moirnelithe; 14/10/20 12:47 PM.
Deveny #696342 14/10/20 12:56 PM
D
Deveny Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I thought at first that it was a spider leg in my dream, too, or some kind of tentacle hovering in the foreground. But on my most recent playthrough, I saw a pair of boots next to my sleeping PC, like someone was standing right there, but facing away from her. Like a foot from her. And I think that the thing I first believed to be a leg or tentacle is the outer edge of a wingtip, since it looks to be about the right distance from where the figure is standing. Again, I could be totally wrong, but that's what I think I'm seeing. At least it will be fun to figure it out over time.

Deveny #696386 14/10/20 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by Deveny
I thought at first that it was a spider leg in my dream, too, or some kind of tentacle hovering in the foreground. But on my most recent playthrough, I saw a pair of boots next to my sleeping PC, like someone was standing right there, but facing away from her. Like a foot from her. And I think that the thing I first believed to be a leg or tentacle is the outer edge of a wingtip, since it looks to be about the right distance from where the figure is standing. Again, I could be totally wrong, but that's what I think I'm seeing. At least it will be fun to figure it out over time.

In that case it's probably Raphael

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard