Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
I discovered that if you sell or buy items from the inventory of your highest-cha player, you get significantly better prices. I don't have a big problem with this, but the way it's implemented is basically a tax on my time as a player, because I can tediously transfer all wares to the pretty-faced character and have them do the selling.

Please just make the trader take the highest-charisma party member into account, no matter who happens to be holding the thing for sale.

D
old hand
old hand
D
I noticed the same. The game basicly uses cha to passively barter for you. Its fine but by the time I noticed it i had already lost a great deal of potential gold to it.

Some more ingame tutorials would be great

P
OP Offline
P
There shouldn't have to be a tutorial that says "make sure to click on each item you want to sell and send it to Wyll before offering it to the trader!"

A
stranger
stranger
A
Wow, good to know! laugh But well... I always took all the gold from all traders by stealing it or killing them... So... *hehe* smile

veteran
veteran
That would be a great suggestion because it's actually boring.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
journeyman
journeyman
To be honest that should apply for most skills - you're in a group so should be pooling your skills. Only time that shouldnt apply is certain conversation rolls as obviously there is likely to be some differences between the characters as to how they should proceed or handle conversations.

B
stranger
stranger
B
The trade interface definitely needs some work. Having your charisma character having to do the trading is normal, but they ought to be able to sell from other characters inventories. After all there's already a shared gold pool.

It's a bit harsh to have a mark up from the trader's charisma and a mark down from the character's charisma. It's customary to sell for half and buy at full value in RPGs but in BG3 it feels more like you're buying for more like 4x the sell value. And since you're mostly making money by picking up and selling junk, that's a lot of time picking up and moving around junk in tiny, finicky grid boxes.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Postwave
I discovered that if you sell or buy items from the inventory of your highest-cha player, you get significantly better prices. I don't have a big problem with this, but the way it's implemented is basically a tax on my time as a player, because I can tediously transfer all wares to the pretty-faced character and have them do the selling.

Please just make the trader take the highest-charisma party member into account, no matter who happens to be holding the thing for sale.

Yes, in other D&D computer games, they had that built in to have your best trader in the active party as the buyer and seller.

+1 It's unnecessary busy work for the player during a trade, if the related skill isn't pooled. It's even worse here in BG3 because we don't have a shared inventory, so we have to move stuff around.

In the last CRPG I played -- Wasteland 3 -- the highest Barter skill of any member of the party would be used, regardless of who was talking to a merchant. I was so glad to see it. It doesn't break immersion to imagine that your most skilled party member in trading is whispering in your ear, giving you advice about the value of things during a trade deal. If they could make a better deal than you, why wouldn't they speak up?

Last edited by Frumpkis; 14/10/20 05:21 PM.
stranger
stranger
I feel like at least in single player, you should be able to sell from all the inventories.

Link Copied to Clipboard