Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
RKane Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I was thinking about this as a way to balance XP across different group sizes.

The idea is simple:
All earned XP goes to the same pool instead of individual ones
Maths is simple, no need to make complicated formulas to balance the XP curve

Curious what the response will be

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
To my knowledge, this is already how the game works. Party members all have identical experience and levels.

RKane Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by fishworshipper
To my knowledge, this is already how the game works. Party members all have identical experience and levels.

No, they have seperate pools.

To be fair this suggestion is actually a technical one.

Yes, the game tries its best to keep levels the same. Usually when exp is applied to 1 character it applies it to others which is why on the front end it looks that way.
TL;DR: Characters share the XP gain, not an XP pool

Last edited by RKane; 14/10/20 08:49 PM.
D
old hand
old hand
D
XP numbers are the same for everyone so im fairly sure that it already works like that...

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RKane

Yes, the game tries its best to keep levels the same. Usually when exp is applied to 1 character it applies it to others which is why on the front end it looks that way.

The game works in one specific way: only the main character XP matters and everyone else in your party is automatically leveled up to the same exact amount of exp he has.
Same mechanic used in the two Origina Sin, by the way.

Last edited by Tuco; 14/10/20 09:02 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Tuco

The game works in one specific way: only the main character XP matters and everyone else in your party is automatically leveled up to the same exact amount of exp he has.

he's right

RKane Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Tuco

That's pretty much exactly what I said lol

=Test=

veteran
veteran

But if that's true, why does it matter?

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
G
addict
addict
G
If everyone in your party always has the same XP, then it is a little misleading to show separate XP for each individual; you essentially have a party XP. The repercussions for showing it the way they have it now aren't really that high, but I agree that it feels a little weird that someone gets the same XP as you while they're sitting in camp.

Link Copied to Clipboard