Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 46 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 45 46
journeyman
journeyman
I was finishing up the lost shipment quest. I handed it in and was told I was welcome, friends, whatever. Well I walked a little bit towards the other end of the cave, up top where Zarys is, and combat initiated. Well I killed everyone, except the "pet artist". When I talk to the artist he asks if I've talked to Brem to buy him. There is no dialog option saying he was dead or the artist no longer has to worry, etc. If something requires another person to release them from servitude, or whatever, once that person dies, the captive should be allowed to leave.

Ethel is nowhere to be seen after initial fight. I've found Mayrina and lowered the cage, but cannot proceed beyond this.

Seems she's invisible and does not engage, there's also no indicator that she's there. Only way to proceed with the quest is to throw random firebombs until you hit her.

After Mindflayer interrogation there's significant performance issues. I drop from consistent 60 fps to a consistent 18 fps.

Last edited by Blade238; 15/10/20 12:20 AM.
stranger
stranger
- I could jump through the roof... [img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/15scVTUkW3N4NUlBk5KG3U2rR4sUSmL8h/view?usp=sharing[/img]
- Small graphical glitch when characters are moving above the spider web above the blacksmith. [img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/19Q5gx09IxyiWUxKcf8_HwcFciNt2fZYB/view?usp=sharing[/img]
- Not a bug, but a level design issue... I don't believe that the bottom of wells are build this way... [img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xB4s5X2CIEd_91EM0tJ7L3zgUiE-Cf2B/view?usp=sharing[/img] it looks very strange, I wouldn't have any problem seeing the cord going down without that weird tube...
- When examining breakable walls rotation should be centered on the center of the wall. There texture is missing on the border [img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/11FtwS4B6x920MZChrlKlypfB9mAek1_Y/view?usp=sharing[/img]
- Perception tests are very frustrating. Most of the time I see the test succeed, but I don't see what they saw... sometimes after spending time hovering the mouse everywhere in the scenery...
- Conversation with the bard in the goblin camp is weird, outcome is the same and repeat itself for every answer.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Not sure if this one has already been reported (too lazy to read through every single bug report) but ran into this one right at the start of the game:

- After successfully saving "Us" using dex check, (I also passed the dex check to hamper it), when I controlled "Us" instead of my main character and ran past Lae'zel, there was no triggered cutscene, she didn't react, and "Us" can start combat with the imps just past her. During combat, she joined in the combat as a neutral party. After the combat was finished, there was no apparent way to get her to join the party, she doesn't react to "Us" at all, and just stands there as a neutral npc with her standard dialogue options.

journeyman
journeyman
Bug: Two weapon fighting feat does not allow many of its abilities to work. Meaning
* No +1 AC when dual wielding
* No ability to dual wield long sword/versatile weapons

Bug: Character Sheet does not show Feats selected. looks like it should be a new category before Tags, or in the Intrinsic category

D
stranger
stranger
D
[Bug] [Minor Spoiler]
Was in battle with Phase Spider Matriarch when Gale used Ray of frost on one of the many hatchlings. It lived and then on each turn after stalled and took no actions. One round later Gale was unable to move or take any actions also. One round after that Shadowheart couldn't move or take actions as well.
I was able to save and then reload the save and it went back to normal.

Last edited by DaganDean; 15/10/20 05:55 AM. Reason: Added in Disclaimer
stranger
stranger
A few things I've noticed:

- Opportunity attacks - My characters don't always get them, enemies however do get them quite a bit, and even if I'm not moving out of "engagement distance" they will get opportunity attacks. additionally I've noticed sometimes when my characters are on the receiving end of an opportunity attack while moving to attack, this will often remove my action and ability to do the attack move I had originally ordered my character to do before.

- Characters blocking movement inconsistencies - My characters often times cannot move through each other, or if one is standing at the top of or the foot of a ladder/cargo net/vines, my other characters are unable to climb/descend. I often have to navigate this in combat by using jump bonus actions instead, but my friendly characters should be able to move through each others spaces without issue. The reason I bring this up is that fact enemies are able to move through my characters no problem at all and without consequence (IE opportunity attacks) if they are moving beyond "engagement distance"

- Line of sight blockages (or lack thereof) , I've had enemies beam my guys through obvious cover where they would absolutely have no line of sight and that my characters otherwise wouldn't be able to shoot through or cast magic through. On the inverse I have also been able to cheese this myself a few times.

- Potions of Speed - once the effect wears off on my character, he is unable to conduct any actions etc for his turn. I can move, but the second I end his turn (because he can't do anything) the character moves back to his original spot. This seems to go away once the combat the potion was used during has been resolved/won.

- Oskar the artist - I didn't initiate dialogue with him until after I had killed Brem and all the other Zhents, needless to say I wasn't able to convince Brems corpse to let Oskar go.

- Pathfinding - sometimes my characters will have to "jump to reach" a position that they wouldn't need to. IE - the character is one flat ground, I click 5 meters in front of him to move him, but the game thinks that location is otherwise inaccessible. Additionally, I have had my characters yeet themselves off elevated locations (even if there is a ladder right next to them, that said could be a byproduct of my blockage notes above) instead of taking a safe route to lower elevation.

- Journal - I cannot scroll down or view any of my journal entries/quests below what is initially displayed.

Last edited by Noneed2hate; 15/10/20 05:11 PM.
stranger
stranger
Save games will sometimes be named after the previous map zone you were in, rather than the current one- especially immediately after using the glyphs to fast travel around.

Further spoilers ahead

Killing all the goblins does save the druid grove. However, before camping for the celebration night, I noticed that Nadira is dead, despite having saved her from the bugbear assassin previously. This might be intended (more assassins I guess?) but feels like a bug.

Conversing with the Githyanki Kith'rak, If I convince Lae'zel to go along with it, and she then further manages the deception check despite her poor charisma, her dialogue proceeds as if you have killed the githyanki patrol ('search the bodies...'), which makes the quest impossible to proceed with as you have no bodies to search.

Waukeen's rest is very unstable, quest wise. Through very careful use of turn based mode, a single character exploring, and saving/reloading, I was able to save two people, but it was all out of order (I had to take control of the man you save and have him jump out the left window on the first floor, which fortunately counted as saving him, no other process worked as he would fail to follow you out of his starting room or not be considered saved). Similarly, I could jump into the room with the other trapped soul, bust down the door (from the inside!), go downstairs to the first floor to open up the front door from the inside, and then return to her on the second floor, and she would then count as saved... all without ever following you or giving any ability to take her over as a follower like the man.

Stealing the caravan chest from the two surviving Zhentarim had the expected result, but despite saying she gives you gold as promised, no gold is given. This conversation can also be repeated for as long as you have the chest or the flask. Giving her the still sealed chest also talks about a reward in gold (after the previous reward), but again no reward is given.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by SpiderKiller
I was finishing up the lost shipment quest. I handed it in and was told I was welcome, friends, whatever. Well I walked a little bit towards the other end of the cave, up top where Zarys is, and combat initiated. Well I killed everyone, except the "pet artist". When I talk to the artist he asks if I've talked to Brem to buy him. There is no dialog option saying he was dead or the artist no longer has to worry, etc. If something requires another person to release them from servitude, or whatever, once that person dies, the captive should be allowed to leave.

Originally Posted by Noneed2hate
-Oskar the artist - I didn't initiate dialogue with him until after I had killed Brem and all the other Zhents, needless to say I wasn't able to convince Brems corpse to let Oskar go.
Oskar is not the brightest artist. I have encountered the same issue. Wondering why payment is the only option to free him.

------------

-Line of sight blockages (or lack thereof) , I've had enemies beam my guys through obvious cover where they would absolutely have no line of sight and that my characters otherwise wouldn't be able to shoot through or cast magic through. On the inverse I have also been able to cheese this myself a few times.
I actually first noticed this in the Zhent hideout. I shot through a giant stack of boxes after being shot through them.

------------

-Pathfinding - sometimes my characters will have to "jump to reach" a position that they wouldn't need to. IE - the character is one flat ground, I click 5 meters in front of him to move him, but the game thinks that location is otherwise inaccessible. Additionally, I have had my characters yeet themselves off elevated locations (even if there is a ladder right next to them, that said could be a byproduct of my blockage notes above) instead of taking a safe route to lower elevation.
Same here, along with not being able to tell how far something is. Additional issue is with being able to jump to something one way, but not back again because, somehow, the spot I came from is not a valid landing area. This was a rather annoying problem in
the burning house on the Risen Road when retrieving Miri. (Also, please, for the love of everything, don't make me throw a dead body over and over just to prove to this idiot that his beloved is dead!)
One more problem is running through visible environments, when one could easily--and safely--go around.

-------------

Another issue with Potions of Speed:
If it wears off at the end of combat or if you click on any action button while lethargic, it freezes the character from being able to move at all. Quick travel can fix it, but still an issue.

-------------

Volo's eye

This item is apparently supposed to remove the permanent blindness in one eye caused by the bard's surgical efforts, but does nothing.

-------------

The Great Goblin Massacre

Potentially only a problem in MP, but during our great goblin massacre in the goblin camp, Gurgon was, in essence, stuck for most of the fight. I mean, it was great for us because he just kept telling us how he was going to smash our heads in, but he never moved past the over-bridge where Piddle is located. The only time he finally moved was when we finished fighting the goblins on the 'top floor' of the camp and we started attacking Gurgon from the edge of the railing (so attack from above).

------------

Hunt the Devil Questline

MP issue - this quest is stuck on non-host game. Hubby and I completed this quest by killing Anders and the others. We have both spoken to the "devil" multiple times, but the quest still tells him to talk to her. On my quest log, it shows as entirely completed.

-------------

Tieflings in Camp:

Thankfully, I was in MP with my hubby, so we were able to go talk to Halsin. I am unsure what I did as a Tiefling to piss off the other Tieflings, but it was something! This resulted in me being unable to enter the grove to complete the quest myself. (Additionally, the Tiefling trader was 'locked' in combat dialogue every time my hubby went back to the grove with the constant text scrolling, even though he wasn't doing anything, nor attacking anyone at the time.) When we returned to camp, the Tieflings were all happy to be moving on to BG, but once the cutscene/dialogue was over, it was immediate combat. I feel like, at this point, they should at least be neutral since they are moving on--or at least not actively hostile.

Also, this causes the loss of Wyll, since he attacks, as well.

------------

The Map

Currently, one cannot have the large map completely zoomed out and actually see the entire map.

------------

Nadira

After rescuing her from the assassin, she enters dialogue a second time with another character for some reason. This has happened both in MP and as a single player game. If you go through the dialogue and try to get the coin again, she will say she's been pick-pocketed.

Last edited by Dragnsfire; 15/10/20 01:02 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
After the Launch Patch: All of my current quest markers no longer show up on map. Clicking the show on map has no effect.
New quests gained after the patch DO show up.

C
stranger
stranger
C
For the githyanki character question you posed. It is probably the glove equipped on that character. There are some gloves that cause "Bane" I think. The tooltip says it will also cause "Bane" to the wearer of the gloves if they are not marked by the Annointed or something like that. Essentially the gloves are kind of cursed. You will need to find out how to get the mark they need to not also "Bane" yourself or the character using them when they fight.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Dragnsfire

-------------

Another issue with Potions of Speed:
If it wears off at the end of combat or if you click on any action button while lethargic, it freezes the character from being able to move at all. Quick travel can fix it, but still an issue.

That actually is exactly the issue I meant to explain (but did so poorly), thank you for clarifying that.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by LanceDH

At some point characters took damage from an unknown source. The action log indicated the damage, but no source. Only looking at it after the fact did I realize it was probably a trap that I failed the perception check for.
The damage roll tooltip was also void of any information. To help avoid confusion, maybe it could indicate it came from an unseen force or location, as this would look less like a bug or incomplete.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/763412078?t=2h33m33s

It looks like quite a few people have had this issue. I might have found out why. Turns out making a jump that should cause damage, but not taking it will store a fall damage value somewhere and give you an "aura of fall damage".
Here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vlVwvDGu6c

Just made a thread about it, hopefully that helps!

journeyman
journeyman
a few more I noticed.

In the risen road toll house basement, when you pick the lock and go into the first big room turning right at the far wall (next to the blank canvases) on the ground under a shelf are two boxes. Actually there is a chest and two boxes. the boxes graphics hide the chest but it is there and lootable.

When I have mage armor on my Warlock (from the evocation) IF I save a game when I reload it my cloths doe not show up, I have to re-equip them for the graphics to fix. Happens every time.

journeyman
journeyman
So it seems there was another patch pushed out today. Roughly the same size as the one the other day. Still takes more than 2 hours to install. And it still seems that there is a game save bug in this one as well. Cannot load a save post patch.

Edit-So i tried a regular save to see if it would load, and it did. So I tried the quicksave after that and it worked. However, the latest quicksand fails to load and crashes to desktop every time.

Last edited by SpiderKiller; 15/10/20 09:27 PM. Reason: Update on saves
S
stranger
stranger
S
1. Talking to a Tiefling in the Druid Enclave (the one that Lae'zel forces to bow) there is a mistake in one of the texts:
"Has the tadpole ravaged your senses? It his is suffering that will lead us to purity" -> it should be "It IS HIS..."

2. Dialog with the odds and curios vendor near the same location (the old lady that keeps mentioning how sickly you look) doesn't make sense:
The vendor says "Now, do you need anything? I have a few odds and ends for sale."
The first response doesn't make sense. It is "What harm? Show me your wares."

3. In the Owlbear cave, if you climb up behind the Owlbear, coming from the shrine to Selune, sometimes the characters end up near the ceiling and then drop down, to the ground, which usually results in some falling damage and being prone, right before potentially entering a fight.

4. Speak with dead, coming from the necklace, should only work once before requiring a rest. However it gives the character a re-castable ability, similar to the Warlock's Hex.

Last edited by SuperPranx; 15/10/20 09:29 PM.
Shadowheart not gaining the "refreshed" buff:

Our characters can drink water from a well which raises our HP by 10 until the next long rest -- incredibly useful. But my Shadowheart won't gain the buff. She can drink, but won't be buffed, unlike all my other characters. Maybe it has something to do with her deity or background?

Dialogue with Shadowheart at camp where she begins with saying, "Something is wrong. I feel. I feel.." bugs out. Her hands start flickering and moving oddly and it zooms in on PC face and doesn't give dialogue response options. She also doesn't finish her statement.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Freed the artist in the Zhent camp, Zyra told me the trader would show the exotic goods now, but nothing seems to change the minimal goods shown by the trader frown

B
stranger
stranger
B
Just got to the celebration with the goblins and Minthara. During the romance scene with her, our models weren't lined up, so we were makin' out with the air instead of each other. It persisted until the last part where we were lying together. It was extremely funny.

Page 15 of 46 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard