Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Customization is extremely limited! it disappointed me.
I wish it were possible to choose the mouth, ears, nose, jaw, eyes etc..
Not limited to ugly Preset heads. (Many male heads are horrible!) cry

New customization options would also be cool.
Ex: Tiefling tail options, Body/Weight, More clothing options + variations, colors etc..

I really hope that customization will be improved in the future...

Last edited by Erwin Smith; 07/10/20 12:46 PM.
stranger
stranger
Ugly is subjective.
I found most of the preset to be intresting.

But yeah more customization would be cool and will probably be added.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by LtRico
Ugly is subjective.
I found most of the preset to be intresting.

But yeah more customization would be cool and will probably be added.

Women have many pretty heads, but I don't like the men's heads. frown
I hope they add more customization options..

stranger
stranger
The character customization is in dire need of more faces. As it stands now, it seems to follow the new standard of having just one "white" looking face, and the rest asian, african etc. Given just how badly SJW people have their claws in to D&D, I worry that this might be done on purpose. Just some 6 faces is not enough, not nearly enough. As it is now, all my characters will have the same face.

The men are particularly horrific to behold. I dont think I could play on solely on account of how hideous they all look.

stranger
stranger
Hi everyone,

I disagree with the comments above.

I think faces are all pretty amazing, I never add a player that realistic. That being said, I also want more ! smile
Today, (and I know it is early access and it's normal) I can't play and old man, or a very young one. May be adding age texture skin could offer more possibilities with the same faces.

Keep up the good job, my elven mage was astonishingly beautiful !

stranger
stranger
To me it looks like the majority of faces have white/European features. I only remember seeing one or two options to allow characters to have monolids across all the categories and the nicest available faces for black women are Tiefling only, which is questionable.

I agree though that there aren't many options for men that I would actually use. Half-elves seem to fair the best and there are a couple nice ones in the Elf and Tiefling categories but not much else.

Last edited by Alcedinidae; 07/10/20 01:15 PM. Reason: easier to understand language
stranger
stranger
Totally agree with this. Tbh I was a LITTLE disappointed, especially after all the "how many hours will you spend in the character creation screen" type things ppl were bandying about. I normally spend a ridiculous amount of time during char creation ( even moreso in actual D&D!) in games, period. So when I encountered the - relatively - limited options I was wondering if I was missing something. I do hope they add things like sliders for facial/body features in the future, it really does make a difference, especially with so many cutscenes etc. Other than that they dont look... TOO terrible...? ( at least Drow can have actual ebony dark skin.. not that awful grey you get in so many games they're in ;P )

apprentice
apprentice
Why cant you roll for your stats that is the question??

journeyman
journeyman
I also think we had too few face options. I don't think we'll have sliders, but more options, more variety. I didn't find any roundish female face with a pretty perky nose. They seemed all too big for my taste. By all means keep them and add more. If possible, though Im not sure it can be done on their engine, sliders for noses, ears, mouths. Lipsrick and blush on makeup options would also be great.

All in all game looks great and as it is in EA we hope it will grow more to our taste. Thanks guys. Keep up the great work.

stranger
stranger
+1

stranger
stranger
I agree with a good few of the sentiments here:

I've noticed that a majority of the faces and features are anglo/euro-centric, with only a handful of faces that offer more ethnic features and diversity. I also think this is fine, assuming that this is just a symptom of the game being early access and that there's more to come.

I also think that we'd benefit greatly from having more faces, rather than more face options, as the preset style of faces have great quality and I'd rather texture overlays such as scars, blinded eyes, distinguishing marks, etcs, over mix and match model morphs. Additionally, maybe with inspiration from D:OS2 mods like Character Creation Plus, we could have options such as eye patches, or other similar decorations. Though I'm also inclined to think that a lot of this will get added too and is already being planned for- but I figured I'd voice my interest in it just in case it's not.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I was fine with everything. I know I keep posting about this, but I have to: please offer body types, or body sliders. Especially given the fact that I'm going to create my dream female mate, I need more muscle tone for the girls (I wanna create my strong amazon warrior-looking woman). The dwarf ladies have good muscle tone, but they're dwarves... I want that kind of option for human and elf ladies. And maybe also for the playable character, male or female. Thank you Larian Studios! Hey, mr. Swen Vincke!! Look here, lol! honestly though, I very much appreciate your hard work.

I have no problem with any of the faces, but I would like to see more facial options for all the races. Some have 6 or 7, while others only get 5. I would also like to see more hairstyle options because so far I think the githyanki have the most unique hair styles, but other races only have the standard. Perhaps more options. Another point I want to point out that many might not have. Drow are considered elves and should have the Keen Senses perk aka Perception skill like all the other elves. Drow are still elves so should have that advantage as well. Aside from this I really have only one suggestion. If you are say a githyanki Fighter perhaps being awarded the same armor Laezal has to start off with would be a nice touch. Also leather armor seems rather lack luster and patchy versus the other armor sets. I understand they are low level and not rich, but perhaps add some flair to it to make it more visually appealing before game launch. Totally understand why the armor sets are bland to start with since you are more focused on getting mechanics ironed out first. Just keep that in mind for later, if you would.

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
I think JoCat did a really good job talking about the good, and the bad of the character creation process. I agree with a lot of the points he brought up.

Link to the video if anyone is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psvMt8M6rvE

stranger
stranger
Hopefully they add sliders (Face/Body); head/hair swapping makes sense for Early Access but I hope that isn't the extent of customization outside of colors.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Only 5 preset heads, 5 heads!

S
stranger
stranger
S
They've already said that this is planned (in one of the Larian Gazettes). They're using actual models for the faces, then making additional faces using bits from the original models. So right now we've basically only got the original handful of models, and just have to wait on implementation of the remainder of the mix and matched ones.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by silentbrad
They've already said that this is planned (in one of the Larian Gazettes). They're using actual models for the faces, then making additional faces using bits from the original models. So right now we've basically only got the original handful of models, and just have to wait on implementation of the remainder of the mix and matched ones.

Please tell me they mentioned something about body types...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah, SilentBrad: did they say anything about body types? I second Eddiar's question.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
The most requisite thing is face customization in my opinion, like the Fifa has in career mod. Making a one selection between five face is sounds like very antiquated to me especcialy in this beatiful game. I want a tiefling with cleft chin bro.

Link Copied to Clipboard