Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Phyume #727296 04/11/20 03:03 AM
C
CMF Offline
C
This is funny because some people feel like the game is too silent and they want more npc "barks" and quips as you travel around. I said they already do that, but they wanted it almost every time you clicked a target like bg1&2...that is irritating to me as well.

Phyume #727314 04/11/20 03:57 AM
journeyman
journeyman
You just care about your stupid apprenticeship!

Phyume #727317 04/11/20 04:03 AM
veteran
veteran
This is another recurring problem in Larian games since DOS 1 and it's absolutely baffling that they keep failing to address it properly. Maybe they don't seem to realize the extent of it.

They even "fixed" it with a patch in DOS 1at some point, by making the barks something like 30% less frequent or something on that scale.. When that's not even remotely enough. They need to be ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE more sparse, not marginally so.

Like, I don't want to hear about the goddamn apprenticeship more than ONCE in the span of 5 FULL MINUTES at most, not "a bit less frequently".
In fact, probably it's better if you'll let me hear it just once and then shut up until I'll revisit the area another time.

Last edited by Tuco; 04/11/20 04:05 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Icelement #727325 04/11/20 04:41 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Icelement
"I would be content with simply hearing less of them or only hearing those lines upon arrival to the area.

This is good, just if multiple NPC conversations are in an area, don't start them all at once (BDO has that, what a mess when everyone starts talking at once). Wait until one finished, start the next after about 10s of silence. Then don't repeat unless makes sense, like someone selling cheese at market, but even then wait 1-2minutes at least and add 2-3 variations, if not allow 5mins or longer before repeating same line.

Phyume #727366 04/11/20 06:33 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Don't look.
DON'T.
LOOK!

Don't look.
DON'T.
LOOK!

Don't look.
DON'T.
LOOK!

Don't look.
DON'T.
LOOK!

---

Phyume #727368 04/11/20 06:35 AM
old hand
old hand
You imperiled the grove, though.

Phyume #727449 04/11/20 08:50 AM
addict
addict
I guess I had the same thing as in DOS2. I totally didn't realize it at first . Only on the 2nd and 3rd playthrough this became increasingly annoying.
Up to a point where I talked with a friend about something and in the middle he was like " I don't care! I will do it! " " Mate ,what you talking about?"" I will kill her! I will fucking burn her alive! " " who? oh...wait..yeah that sounds like ...." -> Insert noises of the ' keeping it together bree ' lady dying forever.

From replayability stand point they should totally be made to shut up a bit.
On 1st playthrough of BG3 I didn't even realize there is an issue like this smile
In BG2 NPC launching their voiceline everytime you click on them felt...artificial.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
Phyume #727457 04/11/20 08:56 AM
veteran
veteran

Phyume #727462 04/11/20 08:59 AM
journeyman
journeyman
I experienced this to the extreme thanks to a bug. The kid I saved from the harpies told me to go into that tiefling kid cave, and in there he for some reason forgot I just saved his little ass from dying and kept yelling for Mol to kick me out. So my entire conversation with Mol he was shouting in the background so much he kept interrupting himself.
"MO- MO- M- MOL! MO- M- M- MO- MOL! MOL!"

Phyume #727492 04/11/20 10:24 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Phyume
Originally Posted by clavis
now that I have your blood pumping. Where were you at when they spam shouted same stuff?

One of the most annoying ones is when you just enter druid's grove and you're trading with the halfling. The tieflings in the back won't shut up about leaving or staying.

And it gets better ...
Since when you go talk to them and resolve their argue anyhow you like ... they just move down, to another two vendors, and continue in the very same hassle over, and over, and over, ...
Sometimes killing the groove seem mercifull, compared to listening this. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard