Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Honestly, I have to say that after 30 hrs of play I'm going to have to give this game the following marks: scale of 1 to 10

1. cinematics - 8.5 would get a higher mark if I didn't have to watch the entire clip time after time. after you seen it once, I'd really like a skip button.

2. Story line - I'll break this up into 2 categories. first, overall story 7. and next, players interaction with the story, 5. left me wanting options that weren't available.

3.Playability - 5. Monsters are over powered, and they cheat. they shoot thru walls, they know I'm there when they can't see me, they can do things I can't (like attack of opportunity-they get when I don't and should. And I'm ALWAYS outnumbered.

4. Authenticity - 3.5 It appears you put D&D tag on it and then decided you didn't like D&D's rules so you ignored them.

5. Overall - this one needs 2 ratings. as far as the games basic flow and content I would rate it a 7.5, and that's be generous. But, considering that the game program cheats like a goblin, has a RNG that is the worst I've ever seen, and often leaves me infuriated by things that just shouldn't happen or shouldn't be allowed, I would have to lower that rating to a 4.5. Below par for sure.

I am seriously disgusted with how this game cheats. I lined up my chars and they constantly run right past 3 to get to gale, 8 out of 10 times they get a crit on him, and none of the 3 get an attack of opportunity. In table top D&D, if a DM cheated like this game he would never have anyone to play, cuz NOBODY likes a cheater!!!!!

I realize you are very proud of your graphics designs, as well you should be, But as players, we don't really care about how good it looks. We care about how it plays. So please, stop watching us play for a minute and play it yourself. Because I can't imagine you really want more unsatisfied players than satisfied players. And think of it this way, when an ogre squashes a rabbit, he's just a bully, but when when the rabbit get the ogre to chase him off a cliff, he's a hero. Would you rather be a bully or a hero?

P.S. If you can't afford a set of D&D books to read, please give me an address and I will send you a set.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
With classic difficulty, I almost finished this game so easily. unless underdark

Minotarus

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Harley991

4. Authenticity - 3.5 It appears you put D&D tag on it and then decided you didn't like D&D's rules so you ignored them.

stranger
stranger
Monsters are over powered, and they cheat. they shoot thru walls, they know I'm there when they can't see me, they can do things I can't (like attack of opportunity-they get when I don't and should. And I'm ALWAYS outnumbered.

I'm guessing you've either never played D&D or your DMs have always been nice people. My DMs have always tried their best to kill me, and many times they succeeded, but they almost always follow the creature's stated abilities. Sometimes, those abilities seem OP or completely unfair, but it wouldn't really be any fun if you ALWAYS win, would it?

As far as them knowing where you are immediately, I'm in agreement with you. It seems like there are some features in place that kind of limit that (for example, if you do the goblin fortress the right way, you won't pull the whole thing at once).

Shooting through walls is something I haven't seen. They mostly seem to be obeying the laws of fair play in that respect in my experience.

Ragnar Hammerhand
Slayer of Goblins
Lifter of Weights
Eater of Cookies
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Ragnar Hammerhan
Monsters are over powered, and they cheat. they shoot thru walls, they know I'm there when they can't see me, they can do things I can't (like attack of opportunity-they get when I don't and should. And I'm ALWAYS outnumbered.

I'm guessing you've either never played D&D or your DMs have always been nice people. My DMs have always tried their best to kill me, and many times they succeeded, but they almost always follow the creature's stated abilities. Sometimes, those abilities seem OP or completely unfair, but it wouldn't really be any fun if you ALWAYS win, would it?

As far as them knowing where you are immediately, I'm in agreement with you. It seems like there are some features in place that kind of limit that (for example, if you do the goblin fortress the right way, you won't pull the whole thing at once).

Shooting through walls is something I haven't seen. They mostly seem to be obeying the laws of fair play in that respect in my experience.

I haven't seen this either. I have seen the opposite quite a bit actually, and that's goblin archers shooting into the ground or cliff side when trying to shoot up or down in elevation.

Last edited by Tomoya; 15/10/20 05:19 AM.

As a free action, can I regret my life choices
enthusiast
enthusiast
Although i'll have to say when we talk about the Underdark, Monsters in there are supposed to be really dangerous and too busted for a low level party so Larian just decided to troll players by including that section early. I don't really care since i'm a Madman that loves insanely hard crap in his crpgs but i can understand players feeling overwhelmed by it. And yeah, they expected you to cheese all of that.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by JDCrenton
Although i'll have to say when we talk about the Underdark, Monsters in there are supposed to be really dangerous and too busted for a low level party so Larian just decided to troll players by including that section early. I don't really care since i'm a Madman that loves insanely hard crap in his crpgs but i can understand players feeling overwhelmed by it. And yeah, they expected you to cheese all of that.

And it gives us something to toy around with for a year or more while we wait for act 2.

As a free action, can I regret my life choices
addict
addict
Its EA man.....there are bugs they will be polished out over time. The combat difficulty seems ok at this point challenging -nobody wants a walk over....

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Tarorn
Its EA man.....there are bugs they will be polished out over time. The combat difficulty seems ok at this point challenging -nobody wants a walk over....

[Linked Image]

Ragnar Hammerhand
Slayer of Goblins
Lifter of Weights
Eater of Cookies
journeyman
journeyman
So, you are grading a game that is in EA? Would you grade a car before you put on its wheels? But I'll humour you smile I agree with 'shooting through walls' <I'm sure that will be fixed - it's an LoS issue> but virtually everything else I would disagree with. I'll give you 2/10 for your post - and that is generous wink

.i.
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
They asked for the good, the bad, and the ugly. WEll' there's some ugly. Whatev

Link Copied to Clipboard