Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Originally Posted by FatePeddler
Originally Posted by Zaxtaj
I fought them for the first time today, I found a rock that if you stand directly in the middle of it they can't jump up to you so they just stand angrly and do nothing since they have no ranged attacks...

This sounds like they will fix this soon, this way of killing them sounds exactly like a bug.

It mostly has to do with the fact that Minotaurs can't jump to an occupied space, and if they don't have the space to jump they stand there thinking about it. I did find two other locations where you can do the same thing so unless they redesign the map, change the minotaurs to be a smaller size, or redsign the jumping function I doubt it will truly be fixed.

stranger
stranger
I'm currently playing the Ghosts of Saltmarsh adventure, and we just fought this thing last week with a group of 6 (4 were level 3, and 2 were level 4). Note the legendary actions at the bottom. It wrecked us, and we barely managed to survive. While the DM seemed to want to kill us, I think he thought it would take too long to roll up new characters, so he ran us all down to near death and then we finally killed him. In all fairness, it should have wiped the party. That doesn't mean it's OP, it just means the party isn't ready for that fight yet.

https://5e.tools/bestiary/thousand-teeth-gos.html

I went into the Underdark and took down both of the minotaurs with my eldritch knight. His AC was good enough that they missed most of the time. They immediately killed my mage and cleric in the first moments of the engagement. The next round, they killed Asterion, but not before he was able to stab one of them pretty well. My EK then got some good hits using Faithbreaker. The minos hit like trucks, but I think their AC is teh suxxors, because my EK rarely missed, and took them both down within a few rounds. They got him good twice, but he still had 3 HPs when the second one died. Then I went to try to help Asterion stand up, and didn't notice that Gale was already dead right next to him. Gale's death gas dropped me like a sack of crap.

Ragnar Hammerhand
Slayer of Goblins
Lifter of Weights
Eater of Cookies
journeyman
journeyman
It mostly has to do with the fact that Minotaurs can't jump to an occupied space, and if they don't have the space to jump they stand there thinking about it. I did find two other locations where you can do the same thing so unless they redesign the map, change the minotaurs to be a smaller size, or redsign the jumping function I doubt it will truly be fixed.

They could allow them to shove you off somehow maybe?

Last edited by Tomoya; 15/10/20 06:47 AM.

As a free action, can I regret my life choices
Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Originally Posted by Ragnar Hammerhan
I'm currently playing the Ghosts of Saltmarsh adventure, and we just fought this thing last week with a group of 6 (4 were level 3, and 2 were level 4). Note the legendary actions at the bottom. It wrecked us, and we barely managed to survive. While the DM seemed to want to kill us, I think he thought it would take too long to roll up new characters, so he ran us all down to near death and then we finally killed him. In all fairness, it should have wiped the party. That doesn't mean it's OP, it just means the party isn't ready for that fight yet.

https://5e.tools/bestiary/thousand-teeth-gos.html

I went into the Underdark and took down both of the minotaurs with my eldritch knight. His AC was good enough that they missed most of the time. They immediately killed my mage and cleric in the first moments of the engagement. The next round, they killed Asterion, but not before he was able to stab one of them pretty well. My EK then got some good hits using Faithbreaker. The minos hit like trucks, but I think their AC is teh suxxors, because my EK rarely missed, and took them both down within a few rounds. They got him good twice, but he still had 3 HPs when the second one died. Then I went to try to help Asterion stand up, and didn't notice that Gale was already dead right next to him. Gale's death gas dropped me like a sack of crap.

They were easy to hit because they were setup as Barbarians, they continuously used the Reckless Attack feature meaning that all their attacks were at advantage, and all attacks against them were at advantage.

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Originally Posted by Tomoya

Part of the problem is that when you are in that type of space you are also out of melee range so they would need a ranged shove, or some form of ranged attack.

journeyman
journeyman

Part of the problem is that when you are in that type of space you are also out of melee range so they would need a ranged shove, or some form of ranged attack.

I was thinking they might just bash into the side of what your standing on and topple you off it. Or something creative like that.

As a free action, can I regret my life choices
Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z

I was thinking they might just bash into the side of what your standing on and topple you off it. Or something creative like that.

That would be cool, but it may be difficult to implement.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Farsalis
Where tf are the minotaurs? I have yet to encounter. lmao

The only way I have been able to find them, is from the spider cave ( the one in the well in the blighted town) There is a large hole in the ground you cant miss it. Have feather fall on. You will drop down into the underdark and right on top of the mino's

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
S
stranger
stranger
S
I dropped everyone one by one & sneaked them away from the minotaurs' line of sight. That way when my mage finally dropped & triggered the fight regardless I got 3 sneak attacks on them. They still yeeted Lae'zel off the cliff but I somehow still managed to off them without needing to resurrect anyone, including Lae'zel. You absolutely need to be lvl4...anything less requires luck or cheese.

veteran
veteran
I killed them after a few try but this combat is ridiculous.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
addict
addict
Personally, I loved it. Granted, difficulty level is a subjective question. But personally I feel if I make a positioning mistake or if i use the wrong spell -> I want to get oblitared for it. That's pretty much what happens when you meet those two sweet creatures.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
journeyman
journeyman
when I got in this fight the bulette showed up and they started fighting each other. I just thought that's how it was scripted; it was pretty epic.

I used Ogres for this - they tanked through the whole fight so it was quite easy. Then I went back with Glut and ressed them both plus a fallen ogre - after that we went around, cleared the whole map. I love the things this game lets you do! (Just remember to suicide jump your new-found friends before fighting Glut).
However one thing I noticed I could never recreate these extremely long jumps with the Minotaurs and their range has also been a lot shorter than expected from fighting them.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
They are not as hard ...
You just cant rush to them through some hole in the roof, when you dont overpower them by a lot. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
D
D
If it was a forced fight I would understand the complaint. Afaik there isn't even any kind of quest that requires you to beat them. Optional fights should be challenging. Also, I found it very exciting to encounter such a crazy foe. Would be boring if all enemies just kindly behave in some expected manner. The fight catches you off guard which is really cool.

As for needing to cheese it: no. Unless your party just isn't cut out for combat, it's perfectly manageable without barrels, surfaces, causing them to fall to death etc. You do want to be LV4 and have decent equipment, which I think is reasonable considering it's the endgame area of EA

veteran
veteran
I took one out with Menacing Strike which is super OP,

The other one I just casually shoved off the ledge.

S
Banned
Banned
S
Its a great fight with plenty of options.

No need to adjust anything in terms of making it easier. I would add a third Minotaur though...

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I wouldn't consider them to be an especially difficult fight and far from the hardest in the game. I think I can say that with some authority because 1) I am really bad at combat: I mean really, really bad; 2) I really suck at tactics; and 3) I nearly always roll low. They're not a pushover, but they're not that hard either as long as your dudes don't all bunch up in handy striking distance.

J'aime le fromage.
B
stranger
stranger
B
I killed them first try so maybe I had luck but
Can you surprise attack the first round from stealth? I don't remember exactly, but anyway:
1. Grease both of them
2. Lae zel Menacing Strike, action surge, Menacing Strike (you can use a potion of haste too if you have one before combat so one more attack)
3. The rest of the party attacks
Before they could get out of grease one was already dead, so it was pretty easy by them.

PS: pls don't nerf, make more optional (more out of the way like the spectator) if it looks too bad in your data smile
These fights are the best combat moments in the game.

Last edited by Bernkastel; 26/10/20 01:21 PM.
D
old hand
old hand
D
Actually managed to kill them in the first go when they stumbled upon my party with barely any spell slots left (full caster party) so im not to sure how I managed that. Probably the amount of consumables that I used?

But yeah, the minotaurs moving 200 feet in 1 turn and still managing to attack with a aoe kockdown and a charge is beyond parody. This encounter is a joke

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard