Print Thread
#699100 15/10/20 10:30 AM
J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Hi everybody,

I just knocked unconscious an important character for a companion quest, is there any way to get them back up and talking?
It happened because they were hostile.
I know they are needed for a character-related thing.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Have you tried the help command/action?

Last edited by JDCrenton; 15/10/20 10:33 AM.
J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Originally Posted by JDCrenton
The one to get friendly downed characters back up?
It doesn't work, and neither does the "talk to the dead" scroll.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by JustSomebody

Try using sleep or shove

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Yeah, the problem with the "unconscious" status effect is that the only thing it really says is that it's cured by a long rest...but is that our long rest, or theirs? Cause I have no idea how I'm supposed to make the person I just knocked out take a long rest. Drag him back to camp as a hostage I guess?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Pupito
Yeah, the problem with the "unconscious" status effect is that the only thing it really says is that it's cured by a long rest...but is that our long rest, or theirs? Cause I have no idea how I'm supposed to make the person I just knocked out take a long rest. Drag him back to camp as a hostage I guess?

You have to temporarily override the unconscious status with a different one atm since the char isn't actually dead or down.

Last edited by JDCrenton; 15/10/20 11:18 AM.
J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J

Try using sleep or shove
Shoving often causes death because the character is left with only 1 hp.
I tried with Sleep but it doesn't work: the character is left for a few turns with both the conditions (unconscious and sleeping), and then it loses sleeping.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Try using sleep or shove
Shoving often causes death because the character is left with only 1 hp.
I tried with Sleep but it doesn't work: the character is left for a few turns with both the conditions (unconscious and sleeping), and then it loses sleeping.

Did you try shoving while it was sleeping? Don't be afraid of experimenting since that's what savescum is for.

Last edited by JDCrenton; 15/10/20 11:33 AM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
I think it might still be broken...
I knocked a certain goblin out and eventually got him up (think I took a long rest, or maybe cast a cure spell on him -- can't recall).
At any rate, once he was on his feet he immediately turned hostile and I wound up having to kill him anyway.

I also knocked out two, nice, young lads looking for their sister and once they were both KO'd, a dialog kicked in that acted like they were full dead.
I didn't bother to try and wake them up because I just assumed they'd be hostile and I'd have to kill them anyway.

Right now, the Knock Out option seems like a "nice idea" that doesn't actually work. At least, certainly not how you'd expect.

One thing that would be nice (and maybe it's there -- I didn't try it) is if you could use ropes on an unconscious character to tie them up so that when they wake up they can't attack you. Maybe that's in there, but I somehow doubt it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Crikk
I think it might still be broken...
I knocked a certain goblin out and eventually got him up (think I took a long rest, or maybe cast a cure spell on him -- can't recall).
At any rate, once he was on his feet he immediately turned hostile and I wound up having to kill him anyway.

I also knocked out two, nice, young lads looking for their sister and once they were both KO'd, a dialog kicked in that acted like they were full dead.
I didn't bother to try and wake them up because I just assumed they'd be hostile and I'd have to kill them anyway.

Right now, the Knock Out option seems like a "nice idea" that doesn't actually work. At least, certainly not how you'd expect.

One thing that would be nice (and maybe it's there -- I didn't try it) is if you could use ropes on an unconscious character to tie them up so that when they wake up they can't attack you. Maybe that's in there, but I somehow doubt it.

You can also try friends spell and the other enchantment stuff on potentially hostile enemies lol. I mean there's a bunch of crap you can experiment on and i guess that's the point of EA.

J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
I somewhat solved it in the end.
I killed the character and talked to him when dead.

Link Copied to Clipboard