Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Feedback
Greeting travelers! I would like to leave my feedback after one whole playthrough.

My current stats: BG2: hard to tell (2 full playthroughs at age 12), DOS2: about 250 hours (2 full playthroughs), BG3: 28h 1 full playthrough.

Overall: I love it! It needs some tweaks here and there but I believe its heading in a good direction. Can't wait for another play after some major iteration.

Tutorial: Need some polishing, I saw that people completely unfamiliar with d&d mechanic are lost a little bit. Like - why my range attack has 95% chance to hit, but my spell is only 50%. The dice system needs to be explained a little bit better.

Story/Evil playthrough:
- Joining goblins make no sense to me - we were introduced that we have some deadly tadpole in our brains and we need to get rid of it - or it will end us. But Goblins do not offer any solution to our problem.

-Rest. Due to the fact that everyone at my camp tells me that I need to find a solution as soon as possible, I decided to not rest as much as I would like. It seems that I missed a few interesting conversations at my camp - simply because I was avoiding to go to sleep.

Gameplay:
- Everyone already talks about surface effects - yup, it would be better reduced.
- Not sure if this is just EA thing, but the amount of scrolls are too high.
- Dice rolls - it seems that the community would like to add our bonuses to rolls, like in the d&d tabletop - the current system seems good to me - everything is in the tooltip, but d&d version could works too - I'm just not sure if new players would be a little overwhelmed with it.
-Dialogs - we know that this is already in progress so lets see what Larian will give us.

Small feedback but its just a first iteration. I will definitely play a whole next round after some updates.

F
addict
addict
F
On reason for joining the goblins: There is a goblin prisoner who tells you that the goblins' priestess can help you with your tadpole.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by FrostyFardragon
On reason for joining the goblins: There is a goblin prisoner who tells you that the goblins' priestess can help you with your tadpole.

From what i've seen you don't actually have to join the goblins for that. You can just go to their camp and talk to the priestess, and considering she doesn't cure you or offer any tangible help really.. at that point you honestly are stuck with 'no reason to join goblins'.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by Renaire
Originally Posted by FrostyFardragon

From what i've seen you don't actually have to join the goblins for that. You can just go to their camp and talk to the priestess, and considering she doesn't cure you or offer any tangible help really.. at that point you honestly are stuck with 'no reason to join goblins'.

You don't join the Goblins, you join the Absolute. When I got my mark, interesting things happened. I haven't explored it more, but it does seem there is something to he had here.
So far joining the Absolute seems to be the best way to learn the secrets of why you aren't turning, where as joining the Druids seems to be the best way to get rid of the tadpole.

I would like to see a better "pull to the dark side" BEFORE you get the first goblin fight, that way you aren't first met with anti-gobbo propaganda, with no pro-absolute propaganda.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Aurgelmir
You don't join the Goblins, you join the Absolute. When I got my mark, interesting things happened.

Hmmm - that's interesting. I need to explore this path. smile

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
I decided to go the neutral route and I didn't help anyone, I just found a way into the underdark and stumbled upon the ending of act 1 without dealing with the goblins or druids at all in my first playthrough, just doing the mushroom quest to try and resolve my tadpole problem, and it did offer a considerably good fix.

The tadpole as revealed throughout the story seems to be in some sort of stasis caused by whoever the Absolute is. A very special sort of tadpole. Abusing my tadpole powers, getting the brand, and joining up with them gave a lot of interesting options for me to explore, but I agree it could be better explained to the player that joining the Absolute is a valid option. Maybe Minthara pops up at your camp and invites you to join her.

Link Copied to Clipboard