Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
endolex Offline OP
OP Offline
I do hope the combat log will at some point show *all* messages (combat, system messages, dialogue, world banter, etc.) and of course with proper filters? smile

veteran
veteran
There should be a separate conversation log already.

endolex Offline OP
OP Offline
I can't find that...where is this supposed to be?

veteran
veteran
I think hit "L" to bring up the journal and there should be a Conversation Log tab.

endolex Offline OP
OP Offline
Ah, thanks, got it - however this only covers "real" conversations, not the stuff you see while walking around / in combat....that should be captured in a log as well I think, just like in DOS / NWN / BG etc.

Last edited by endolex; 06/10/20 10:31 PM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
I agree, often I hear a part of a conversation (e.g. when party banter) but miss most of it and wish I could read it in either combat log or somewhere else. Though to be able to determine what one could reasonably be able to overhear and thus read, could become tricky.

old hand
old hand
Seriously. Like a steering wheel in my pants, its driving me nuts

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
There is a dialogue log in the journal (albeit I missed it my first playthrough), but I have been a little frustrated when I scroll away to look around the map and center back on my characters to see them mid-banter and I have no idea what I missed.

T
addict
addict
T
Yeah, I would love there to be an NPC dialogue option to catch the various things that get said as you walk around the map.

Yes yes yes yes yes

Link Copied to Clipboard