Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Am I the only one that finds this to be the case? Just adding sliders would do a lot to improve the situation because then we could make the females look more female if if the preset is masculine.

W
veteran
veteran
W
... Hmmm, nope. All of the female faces I saw looked like ladies.

I don't recall seeing any masculine looking ladies in the character creation.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by dreambled

Look at the bone structure...

[Linked Image]

The heavily pronounced zygomatic bone is a defining masculine feature. Yes, women have it too but not like this. This is just one example.

I think that some of the presets (particularly the elven ones) could use tweaking, although not because the female faces look masculine, but I'd prefer that Larian take a second look at the presets rather than that they give us an array of sliders. I can also see how they might be disinclined to invest a lot of ongoing resources into customization if so many players are choosing to play Default Vault Dwellers. Our in-game behaviors provide feedback too. smile

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
They aren't likely to be picked to appear in perfume adverts (which usually feature pixie-faced waifs), but no, they don't seem to be masculine. I wouldn't object to some 'dainty' faces, but I don't have any problems with those featured.

Actually, a couple of faces who looked liked they have more than the usual amount of testosterone would actually be a welcome addition. A solid muscle-bound fighter or, when implemented, barbarian, could have a face that is more heavy-jawed and masculine than the current options.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost
Originally Posted by dreambled

Look at the bone structure...

[Linked Image]

The heavily pronounced zygomatic bone is a defining masculine feature. Yes, women have it too but not like this. This is just one example.

The zygomatic arch is not particularly large on that face...

Last edited by Warlocke; 15/10/20 06:37 PM.
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
The heavily pronounced zygomatic bone is a defining masculine feature. Yes, women have it too but not like this.

I don't think you're right in that. High cheekbones (pronounced zygomatic arches) are found in both sexes. Take a look at (for example) Kiera Knightly.

EDIT: The photo I linked to was unreasonably large for the forum, but I'm sure you can Google.

Last edited by Sadurian; 15/10/20 06:44 PM.
veteran
veteran
Is this trolling? I can't even tell anymore.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Originally Posted by Sadurian
The heavily pronounced zygomatic bone is a defining masculine feature. Yes, women have it too but not like this.

I don't think you're right in that. High cheekbones (pronounced zygomatic arches) are found in both sexes. Take a look at (for example) Kiera Knightly.

It's also a half-elven face, and elves are noted for their cheekbones.

L
L
Am I the only one that finds this to be the case?
Seems so.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by Tuco
Is this trolling? I can't even tell anymore.

I was thinking exactly the same....
I was under the assumption that most of the faces were taken from motion/face capture technology (with a few tweaks).

stranger
stranger
Yes they are too masculine, not all women have defined jawlines. Some elves look like transgender humans with elf ears. I'd prefer more feminine versions. But, that is no problem if they let us mod the faces. Extract the face meshes, sculpt non-destructive (preserve the indexes) in i.e. Blender and update the vertices with new coordinates. I did that in skyrim.

Last edited by Kaspr; 15/10/20 09:55 PM.
addict
addict
They look plenty feminine to me.
Following for what is sure to be an unmitigated disaster.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Um. No.

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
How many girls would love to look like that without make-up.

Half expected to see a bearded lady in this thread.

A
stranger
stranger
A
It was my understanding that the characters were scans of real life faces. So the female faces are scans of real ladies.

old hand
old hand
Odd, I found a lot of the male faces to be too feminine.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Arc Light
It was my understanding that the characters were scans of real life faces. So the female faces are scans of real ladies.

They are. Sure, in several cases they have been modified by the devs to be able to give us several options based on the same face or to fit non human races. But all these threads claiming the women being ugly/not feminine enough is just being mean. These presets are based on real living human beings. And they have feelings too you know!

old hand
old hand
I hadn't noticed, and the provided image didn't sway me.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard