Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
stranger
stranger
T
Bumping this up as we need to stop having 9000 threads talking about the same things

theCrius #699823 15/10/20 04:41 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by theCrius
Bumping this up as we need to stop having 9000 threads talking about the same things

Bump

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Kobolds when?
I'm trying out the Thief subclass and have found that the Second Story Work feature has been altered from tabletop to just be falling damage resistance instead of letting your dex mod boost your jumping ability and I'm not entirely sure why it would be like that considering the game already puts a focus on leaping around all over the place. Come on, let me be Spring Heeled Jack without having to be a wizard of some kind first.

YES. we need farther jumping distance for the thief. So much has already been taken away from the uniqueness of the rogue.

Also, why is mage hand in general invisible? only mage hand of the arcane trickster should be invisible.

Sigi98 #699847 15/10/20 04:49 PM
Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Originally Posted by Sigi98
Originally Posted by Kobolds when?
I'm trying out the Thief subclass and have found that the Second Story Work feature has been altered from tabletop to just be falling damage resistance instead of letting your dex mod boost your jumping ability and I'm not entirely sure why it would be like that considering the game already puts a focus on leaping around all over the place. Come on, let me be Spring Heeled Jack without having to be a wizard of some kind first.

YES. we need farther jumping distance for the thief. So much has already been taken away from the uniqueness of the rogue.

Also, why is mage hand in general invisible? only mage hand of the arcane trickster should be invisible.

I fully agree with this, also I only noticed mage hand being invisible when playing a Gith, and that is actually due to their 5e racial feature, it's a thing.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
For thief, 3 level hit three times with additional bonus action with off-hand attack is ridiculous too. If you give expertise, sneak attack damage, and things make Rogue as Rogue not dex-fighter, there should be a roll for stealth check while in engage (now you get out of their sight cone, you can hide freely), and remove backstab from this game, and add flank, so skill monkey get hard to get sneak attack freely.

apprentice
apprentice
agree with OP

golw #699877 15/10/20 05:03 PM
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by golw
I believe that the universal ability to disengage as a bonus action does in fact depower rogues until rogues get a 2nd bonus action, at which point they get a huge buff in comparison. So to me, that's almost a wash.

The way sneak attacks currently function is in fact somewhat tedious and strange. I heavily suggest that sneak attacks automatically be applied to any target which is threatened, or for which the rogue has advantage to hit, capped at 1 per turn. This is obviously the way they work in 5e, and would vastly improve the fun of playing a rogue in this video game. I very much don't like that sneak attacks don't work with my offhand, and I dislike needing to use a special attack in order to sneak attack.

Honestly I think a big and easy step in the right direction would be making it so that only certain disadvantages negate sneak attack vulnerability. Sneak attacking at range without darkvision (or Drow's super darkvision) is a massive chore in a lot of indoor areas because everywhere is so dark you'd think it's the shadow plane. At least when sneak attacking in melee the main hurdle can be resolved by jumping.

P
stranger
stranger
P
I have noticed my sneak attack doesnt go off all the time. Only when i have advantage.
Sneak attack is supposed to go off if an enemy is within 5ft of an Ally and i dont feel like it always goes off even though my ally is in Melee range of the target.

I'm personally cool with every class having Disengage as a bonus action but maybe giving All Rogues not just Thieves a Bonus action.

Replacing the theif bonus with expertise making them a jack of all trades

Last edited by Prunk44; 15/10/20 06:06 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
Agree with OP.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard