Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Treedle Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Aside from RP purposes of course. seems like half drow are just half HE stats with a set in stone cantrip.

They look cooler?

W
veteran
veteran
W
Half Drow get the full set of Drow magic: Dancing Lights, Fairy Fire and Darkness.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Tags. You won't get the same dialogues. If you are half drow, the goblins will welcome you with open arms in their camp. If you are HE, they won't and you will have a harder time going there peacefully.

Last edited by Nyanko; 14/10/20 08:19 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Can confirm that regular Drow have a TON of "racial" dialogs. In the village, the camp, and even with the bosses and in the underdark.

W
veteran
veteran
W
I played a half-drow and I never got any Drow dialogue options, just normal half-elf options.

If half-Drow get Drow dialogue options then I somehow missed all of them.

journeyman
journeyman
They have attractive looking heads.

old hand
old hand
You get a 10% discount at Hot Topic.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Being an half drow changes the options in dialogs ? Or are you refered as half elf only ? I know that being a drow changes a lot, but I'm curious if half-drow does the same or not.

Originally Posted by Maoboy31
Being an half drow changes the options in dialogs ? Or are you refered as half elf only ? I know that being a drow changes a lot, but I'm curious if half-drow does the same or not.

Originally Posted by Warlocke
I played a half-drow and I never got any Drow dialogue options, just normal half-elf options.

If half-Drow get Drow dialogue options then I somehow missed all of them.

I ran into a few half-Drow references in my play, but a lot more inconsistencies where I would have expected some half-Drow references but didn't get any.

I wouldn't be surprised if Half-Drow, being a subset of Half-Elf, is simply treated as Half-Elf. I would be pleased to be wrong, but idk if they'd go through the work to differentiate half-wood elf from half-high elf etc, while also being different from Elf. Basically, my theory is the top level "race" is what makes all the dialog differences.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Nezix
I wouldn't be surprised if Half-Drow, being a subset of Half-Elf, is simply treated as Half-Elf. I would be pleased to be wrong, but idk if they'd go through the work to differentiate half-wood elf from half-high elf etc, while also being different from Elf. Basically, my theory is the top level "race" is what makes all the dialog differences.

Yeah, when meeting Shadowheart my half-Drow had the option to say “Two half-elves traveling together, maybe people will mistake us for cousins,” despite our conspicuously disparate heritage.

T
Treedle Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Half Drow get the full set of Drow magic: Dancing Lights, Fairy Fire and Darkness.

Wait races get more racial spells as they level up? does this happen for any other races?

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Treedle

Wait races get more racial spells as they level up? does this happen for any other races?

I don’t think so. I’m pretty sure only Drow and Half-Drow get a set of three spells.

M
stranger
stranger
M

Yes, Githyanki get Jump as well, later.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Mewsin

Yes, Githyanki get Jump as well, later.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Gith.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard