Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
enthusiast
In stating that updates will wipe your prior save games, I think they made it very clear that there will be updates. The whole point of EA is to test out new systems, spells, attacks, locations, characters and so on BEFORE full release. While we will certainly NOT get 100% of the game to test, you can expect quite a lot of updates to take place over the coming months.

Originally Posted by Eguzky
I can't support Cyberpunk and CDPR after they did crunch.
We may as well redefine 'Crunch' to mean
'Crushes the souls of game developers & bleeds every last ounce of sweat to ensure fat, rich investors get fatter & richer. The developers are then fired so the company can claim "Record Sales!"'.

As much as Cyberpunk had me stoked for it, I will now no longer buy it. CDPR are just a step above Electronic Arse and Craptivision Blizzard and Screwbisoft.

Larian, it seems, does not employ and protect actual assaulters and molesters (Looking at you, Screwbisoft!). So Larian gets my money.

Crunch is bad, no doubt, but what happened with CDPR is a little different. CDPR is located in Poland, their laws are way better in regards to crunch. No one is allowed to work more than 48 hours a week, they will be paid extra, and they will also be given a percentage of the profits.

There is also now debate between journalists about this. One says their source claims CDPR came down with this decision by the higher ups alone, the other who had multiple sources says no, it was a majority decision from the employees.

It's a weird situation, and it sucks that CDPR went back on their word, but it is not the soul crushing event that people experience in NA.

Last edited by dreambled; 15/10/20 07:26 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by dreambled
Originally Posted by Eguzky
I can't support Cyberpunk and CDPR after they did crunch.
We may as well redefine 'Crunch' to mean
'Crushes the souls of game developers & bleeds every last ounce of sweat to ensure fat, rich investors get fatter & richer. The developers are then fired so the company can claim "Record Sales!"'.

As much as Cyberpunk had me stoked for it, I will now no longer buy it. CDPR are just a step above Electronic Arse and Craptivision Blizzard and Screwbisoft.

Larian, it seems, does not employ and protect actual assaulters and molesters (Looking at you, Screwbisoft!). So Larian gets my money.

Crunch is bad, no doubt, but what happened with CDPR is a little different. CDPR is located in Poland, their laws are way better in regards to crunch. No one is allowed to work more than 48 hours a week, they will be paid extra, and they will also be given a percentage of the profits.

There is also now debate between journalists about this. One says their source claims CDPR came down with this decision by the higher ups alone, the other who had multiple sources says no, it was a majority decision from the employees.

It's a weird situation, and it sucks that CDPR went back on their word, but it is not the soul crushing event that people experience in NA.

I hope the devs get all the perks. But, unless I get evidence the developers chose the crunch, I just can't support it.

I hope people enjoy Cyberpunk, though!

T
T
[Linked Image]

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Abits
I don't get it... Do you expect Larian to keep entertaining you for a whole year until the game comes out?

I mean, I'm all full of expectations out of BG3 and want it to succeed and all.

I do think, however, after all they do need to be mindful of million players that bought EA and feed content on regular monthly basis. I have no issue with this staying Act 1 only for a year or so until full release, but I certainly expect them to intro new companions (already 3 more supposedly datamined), new classes, new feats and so on and maybe half a year to 9 months in raise level cap in Act 1.

I certainly don't expect them to conjure a big content dump in 2 weeks from now, but I also don't expect them to leave things as they are without content drops for a year either.

T
T
Definitely need to introduce the missing classes even for test purposes to avoid having class mechanics bugged during release.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Well, we can make some practical calculations anyway. According to the datamining we have so far, there will be 6 new classes added. So we can expect a new class added every 2 months. As for dragonborn race, I think they will add them last, or even on release. But duegar models are already in, so we might see the duegar race before the end of this year.

journeyman
journeyman
They have a lot of fixes and feedback to test with and this is the time where they can make the most dramatic changes. I would imagine that would be the focus over the next couple months rather than pumping out more content for EA. After they make those decisions and set in on how they're going to structure these systems moving forward and fix the content thats already released then I imagine they'll start dripping out content.

As a free action, can I regret my life choices
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard