Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#699780 15/10/20 04:23 PM
Joined: Oct 2020
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Joined: Oct 2020
So I just watched sin tee on youtube a few minutes ago, and he pushed a minotaur off the cliff to die with 100% success chance. As a warlock with 8 STR... Like, I know shoving is already stupidly overpowered in this game, but you're telling me we can have small/medium creatures shove large creatures with no disadvantage, while having a negative STR modifier as well? Lol

First of all, shoving in any case should be the aggresors athletics vs the defenders athletics or acrobatics (whichever is best). Agressor would gain advantage if their size class is larger, disadvantage if smaller, and can only attempt to shove targets 1 size class larger.

Second, shoving should not push enemies 15-20 ft away. It should be to knock them prone in the same spot, or 5' away if desired.

I will admit it's hilarious to shove a creature half a mile away, but it really breaks any immersion I have in the game as soon as this happens lol


Last edited by Carnage11334; 15/10/20 04:24 PM.
Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020


What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
Joined: Sep 2017
Z
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Z
Joined: Sep 2017
A part of the problem is they setup shove so that it always succeeds while you are hidden, and when you are fighting only one creature it is fairly easy to move out of it's sight and bonus action hide...

Joined: Oct 2020
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Joined: Oct 2020


Ah, ty. Didn't realize there was already a thread, but should have figured.

Originally Posted by Zaxtaj
A part of the problem is they setup shove so that it always succeeds while you are hidden, and when you are fighting only one creature it is fairly easy to move out of it's sight and bonus action hide...


Ugh, don't get me started on bonus action hiding...😂

Joined: Oct 2020
T
addict
Offline
addict
T
Joined: Oct 2020
People are having fun with it...at most make it an option to remove shoves, don't just remove it from everybody.

Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Carnage11334


Ah, ty. Didn't realize there was already a thread, but should have figured.

Originally Posted by Zaxtaj
A part of the problem is they setup shove so that it always succeeds while you are hidden, and when you are fighting only one creature it is fairly easy to move out of it's sight and bonus action hide...


Ugh, don't get me started on bonus action hiding...😂


No worries smile some good stuff in there, didn't want you to miss out!


What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
Joined: Oct 2020
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Thrythlind
People are having fun with it...at most make it an option to remove shoves, don't just remove it from everybody.


I'm not saying to remove it...I want shoves to be included. It is included in normal 5e; I only want there to be a sense of balance with it too. Which is provided in the basic rulebook

Joined: Jan 2018
X
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
X
Joined: Jan 2018
I've been in love with Shove ever since I pushed Lae'zel off the nautiloid.

My second favorite interaction with shove was when my friend went to shove a Goblin off the edge, failed his roll and then another Goblin ran over and shoved him off that very same edge instantly killing him.

It's probably fair to say that there are some tweaks they could make to bring its power back a tad but I definitely still want shove as a viable action for me and my foes.

When you are actually in combat it's fairly unreliable unless you have the right stats but it's an excellent opener.


Honestly I think part of the reason it's guaranteed outside of combat is to just make it so that someone doesn't feel the need to reload to constantly reattempt the push until the get the opener they wanted.

Xeiom #699873 15/10/20 05:02 PM
Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Xeiom

Honestly I think part of the reason it's guaranteed outside of combat is to just make it so that someone doesn't feel the need to reload to constantly reattempt the push until the get the opener they wanted.


Its guaranteed on unsuspecting creatures - OOC they just happen to be unsuspecting. You can get still people in combat to be unsuspecting as well


What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
Xeiom #699876 15/10/20 05:02 PM
Joined: Sep 2017
Z
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Z
Joined: Sep 2017
Originally Posted by Xeiom
I've been in love with Shove ever since I pushed Lae'zel off the nautiloid.

My second favorite interaction with shove was when my friend went to shove a Goblin off the edge, failed his roll and then another Goblin ran over and shoved him off that very same edge instantly killing him.

It's probably fair to say that there are some tweaks they could make to bring its power back a tad but I definitely still want shove as a viable action for me and my foes.

When you are actually in combat it's fairly unreliable unless you have the right stats but it's an excellent opener.


Honestly I think part of the reason it's guaranteed outside of combat is to just make it so that someone doesn't feel the need to reload to constantly reattempt the push until the get the opener they wanted.


You sir, have inspired me. I shall now start every game shoving Lae'zel.

Last edited by Zaxtaj; 15/10/20 05:03 PM.
Xeiom #699883 15/10/20 05:06 PM
Joined: Oct 2020
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Xeiom
I've been in love with Shove ever since I pushed Lae'zel off the nautiloid.

My second favorite interaction with shove was when my friend went to shove a Goblin off the edge, failed his roll and then another Goblin ran over and shoved him off that very same edge instantly killing him.

It's probably fair to say that there are some tweaks they could make to bring its power back a tad but I definitely still want shove as a viable action for me and my foes.

When you are actually in combat it's fairly unreliable unless you have the right stats but it's an excellent opener.


Honestly I think part of the reason it's guaranteed outside of combat is to just make it so that someone doesn't feel the need to reload to constantly reattempt the push until the get the opener they wanted.


Again, I'm not suggesting to remove it. You could still shove Lae'zel off the ship (lmao that's hilarious and I'm gonna do it after work). I just want it toned down a bit to be balanced properly.

Joined: Oct 2020
D
addict
Offline
addict
D
Joined: Oct 2020
Lol he could shove minotaurs? I only saw 0% chance even with 21STR thanks to potion of ogre strength :o

Clearly I was missing the element of suprise :P

Joined: Mar 2020
Location: Quebec
B
addict
Offline
addict
B
Joined: Mar 2020
Location: Quebec
For fun, while watching the Youtube playthrough by Ser Medieval, I saw a Goblin Shaman shove the Intelligent Ogre about 8 feet back and down a pit ...

I did not see the math, but pushing the Ogre flying back was odd.

( I cannot share the clip as he had gone over 12 hours of playtime :P )

Last edited by Baraz; 15/10/20 08:04 PM.
Joined: Mar 2020
Location: Quebec
B
addict
Offline
addict
B
Joined: Mar 2020
Location: Quebec
Laezel, with her Magic Hand, can be a Shovemaster.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5