Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I've encountered a small issue that could easily be fixed:
If one of your partymembers is unconscious at the end of combat, you wanna hurry to their side to help them up. Problem is, at the end of combat, your whole party rallies to the last selected partymember, who, more often than not, is about half a football field away. By the time you get control of the correct character and have them running back, your poor unconscious teammate is dead, even though you were standing right next to them at the end of combat. Poor Astarion has died this way more than I'd like to admit and has cost me every single revivify scroll I found...

The fix?
If one of your partymembers is unconscious at the end of combat, STAY IN TURN BASED MODE. It would fix this annoying little detail, and makes in-game sense as you'd still be on-edge trying to save your teammate asap.

It just kinda sucks having your combat planned out perfectly, standing next to your unconscious teammate, ready to help them up, then scoring a critical hit with your wizard on the other side of the map, ending combat early. By the time I was back, Astarion had rolled 3 failed saves...

Hope this feedback helps! Loving the game btw!

apprentice
apprentice
agree with this, had it happen to me several times as well...1 character is rolling death saving throws...combat ends and the other 3 characters start running around like crazy to group up again, making it impossible to reach the unconscious character on time to help them.

i like the proposal to leave the game in turn based mode at the end of combat and you manually have to switch to real time again.

At the beginning of the game, my main character got caught in that fire on the ledge while I didn't have any other party members. Took me to 0 and had to do the saves. My PC stabilized.... then nothing. He just lied on the ground, and there was nothing I could interact with or do except reload the game. Bizarre.

If you're aware that someone is down and bleeding out after combat, then can't you just go into force turn-based mode to stop the other members running around to regroup?

You would have to be fast on the trigger, but it would accomplish the same thing as staying in turn-based mode if a party member is down.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I think it would be pretty neat if combat could stay up while there is a downed party that still rolls death saves. I do not know how many times party members die because the combat ends and get pulled into dialog or cutscene.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Frumpkis
If you're aware that someone is down and bleeding out after combat, then can't you just go into force turn-based mode to stop the other members running around to regroup?

You would have to be fast on the trigger, but it would accomplish the same thing as staying in turn-based mode if a party member is down.

You could have to do this manually, sure. Or the game could just do this automatically, something that would benefit ~everyone and harm ~no one.

Plus, I'm not sure if this applies to resuming turn based mode after combat ends, but after manually ending turn based mode you have to wait 6 seconds to re-enter it. Time in which your downed companion might die.

Link Copied to Clipboard