Next Thread
Print Thread
#698019 14/10/20 10:59 PM
Figulus Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hi ,

So i've reached Level 4 and it says i've reached Maximum level (for EA)..ok. However I've still got loads to do and wonder wether the xp I earn will be accrued with the next update.
Anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

L
stranger
stranger
L
+1 on this one.

I am in the same position.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Figulus
Hi ,

So i've reached Level 4 and it says i've reached Maximum level (for EA)..ok. However I've still got loads to do and wonder wether the xp I earn will be accrued with the next update.
Anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

i think when they add new content old saves wont work due to things constantly changing but who knows

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by AlanaSP
Hi ,

Anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

i think when they add new content old saves wont work due to things constantly changing but who knows

Probably this. Major changes to the game build will likely require you to restart.

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
They are probably working hardest on bugs and crashes first...

They will have to add level features one at a time and debug them...

Then add classes and start over again,,,ect ect

journeyman
journeyman
Content-wise, what currently exists is all that will ever exist in early access. It's overwhelmingly unlikely that early access saves will be compatible with the final release.

journeyman
journeyman
Hi ,

Anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

I'd imagine this is the case. They're probably won't be a big content drop for a while yet, they have a lot of things to fix and based on the feedback they will work to make the biggest changes to their systems while they have the most time.

After they set in the direction they want to move in then they will likely look at whats coming next for EA and by then most people would have completed their runs anyway.

As a free action, can I regret my life choices
Figulus Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hi ,

Anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

Suspect you may be right..(hope not though) wink

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by mesmerizedish
Content-wise, what currently exists is all that will ever exist in early access. It's overwhelmingly unlikely that early access saves will be compatible with the final release.

This is not true. They have already said that they will add more content to EA later. Why wouldn’t they? That defeats the point of EA. They want feedback.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Warlocke

This is not true. They have already said that they will add more content to EA later. Why wouldn’t they? That defeats the point of EA. They want feedback.

Why would they add more content to Act 1 and where would they add it? Every nook and cranny of the map is filled with quests already, you could probably get close to level 6 if we weren't capped, and I imagine its an average of around 25-30 hours for full completion as it is.

Sure they will add in the other classes, maybe flesh out some quests that are currently bugged or missing (i found lots of 'Story' items that seem to have no purpose...could be a later act thing like golden pantaloons tho) and they will probably give us level 5 to test the next tier of skills, but i imagine the flesh of the game will be after the 'starter island' DoS2 Fort Joy was only 10 hours of content if you walked.....they've tripled that here.

I know we all want more obviously, but I think it feels pretty damn good for a beginning act in this series. BG2's Chapter 2 was around the same length, maybe 5-10 hours longer if you did every quest imaginable, but you returned to that area with the chance to finish up anything you left out. We will not be returning to this area in BG3.

Originally Posted by Van'tal
They are probably working hardest on bugs and crashes first...

They will have to add level features one at a time and debug them...

Then add classes and start over again,,,ect ect

There are level 5 NPC in the game. i.e. the druid you saved. I bet you can just remove the cap for additional level easily.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by macadami

Why would they add more content to Act 1 and where would they add it? Every nook and cranny of the map is filled with quests already, you could probably get close to level 6 if we weren't capped, and I imagine its an average of around 25-30 hours for full completion as it is.

Sure they will add in the other classes, maybe flesh out some quests that are currently bugged or missing (i found lots of 'Story' items that seem to have no purpose...could be a later act thing like golden pantaloons tho) and they will probably give us level 5 to test the next tier of skills, but i imagine the flesh of the game will be after the 'starter island' DoS2 Fort Joy was only 10 hours of content if you walked.....they've tripled that here.

I know we all want more obviously, but I think it feels pretty damn good for a beginning act in this series. BG2's Chapter 2 was around the same length, maybe 5-10 hours longer if you did every quest imaginable, but you returned to that area with the chance to finish up anything you left out. We will not be returning to this area in BG3.

Oh, okay. This was a misunderstanding of “content.” I would include things like races, classes, and companion characters as content, but that isn’t what you meant. If you are talking about adding encounters or quests or areas to explore, I agree that we won’t be seeing anything more than what we have.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by macadami

Oh, okay. This was a misunderstanding of “content.” I would include things like races, classes, and companion characters as content, but that isn’t what you meant. If you are talking about adding encounters or quests or areas to explore, I agree that we won’t be seeing anything more than what we have.

There is already some content that pushes the envelope, such as Momma Spider. They could very well have additional content 'locked off' right now' until they are ready to test higher levels. They could also easily toss in some higher level 'test encounters" as temporary placeholders to test advanced skills, spells and the like, and then stick them where they actually belong for full release. We are less than two weeks in, on a EA period of 52 weeks, give or take - it's kind of like expecting to determine what your toddler will be doing as a career 20 years down the road. While the kid has mastered the basics of putting food in his mouth, walking without falling over all the time, using the bathroom most of the time and the like, he is NOT ready for pre-calculus yet, much less a med school degree.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard