Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Nyanko
Originally Posted by FrostyFardragon
She becomes good if you take the feat +2 HPs per level at level 4.

I think you would be better advised to increase her DEX to 10 and her CON to 14 at level 4. This improves saving throws as well as AC and HP.

She can "borrow" Lae'zel's half plate to improve her AC. At level 1 she can cast Shield of Faith on herself. At level 3 she can cast Mirror Image on herself which is stronger than the PnP version.

One issue is that there are a lot of good spears in Chapter 1, but Shadowheart is ill advised to use them since (unlike PnP) they require two hands, and she can't afford to do without her shield.

Her ability scores seem to be 1 point lower than they should be - 26 rather than 27

For me, +2 HPs a level (35 total at level 4) + the magic item restoring life each time she hits, her survivability is greatly increased compared to AC +1, HP +1.

Not to nitpick but +1 DEX +1 CON does not meant only that, it´s 1AC, +1 dex saves, +1 dex skills, +1 Con saves, +1 hp per level retroactively +1 Concentration checks, +1 death checks;

The tough feat gives you +2 hp per level ( that means +8hp at level 4. if you improve con from 13 to 14 con you get +4 hp at level 4 and all the benefits previously posted)

Last edited by _Vic_; 15/10/20 09:56 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by _Vic_
Originally Posted by FrostyFardragon
She becomes good if you take the feat +2 HPs per level at level 4.

I think you would be better advised to increase her DEX to 10 and her CON to 14 at level 4. This improves saving throws as well as AC and HP.

She can "borrow" Lae'zel's half plate to improve her AC. At level 1 she can cast Shield of Faith on herself. At level 3 she can cast Mirror Image on herself which is stronger than the PnP version.

One issue is that there are a lot of good spears in Chapter 1, but Shadowheart is ill advised to use them since (unlike PnP) they require two hands, and she can't afford to do without her shield.

Her ability scores seem to be 1 point lower than they should be - 26 rather than 27

For me, +2 HPs a level (35 total at level 4) + the magic item restoring life each time she hits, her survivability is greatly increased compared to AC +1, HP +1.

Not to nitpick but +1 DEX +1 CON does not meant only that, it´s 1AC, +1 dex saves, +1 dex skills, +1 Con saves, +1 hp per level retroactively +1 Concentration checks, +1 death checks;

The tough feat gives you +2 hp per level ( that means +8hp at level 4. if you improve con from 13 to 14 con you get +4 hp at level 4 and all the benefits previously posted)

You forgot initiative rolls, that's quite powerful in this game with the number of weak enemies that are present in fights.

As a free action, can I regret my life choices
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by _Vic_
I kinda like flawed companions, like 15 wis Jaheira or 15 con 8 wis minsc instead of optimized ones; but as some others said, you can fix her picking ASIs +1 in dex and con at level four unlike in previous games.

Originally Posted by Gaidax
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf
She would be a lot better slightly rounded up to 10 dex and 14 con.

I burned Ability Adjustment feat to do exactly that. I think at that point it was better than extra 2 WIS, just so she's a tiny bit less squishy with less horrible AC.

Lol I did that as well.

I was using her as a front line which is why, Shadowheart, Astarion, Gale and second Wizard on my character.

If making a Cleric myself I dump Int and Cha, also 12 str is fine.

Last edited by DumbleDorf; 15/10/20 10:05 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard