Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#700685 15/10/20 10:41 PM
Orbax Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
He shouldnt be able to gobble that stuff down!

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
This would be a nice little detail imo laugh!

T
addict
addict
T
He DOES take damage from running water.

I understand letting run around in sunlight both because the sunlight killing vampires thing is mostly only a thing from the movies and because it would be untenable from a gameplay standpoint.

Orbax Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Thrythlind

I understand letting run around in sunlight both because the sunlight killing vampires thing is mostly only a thing from the movies and because it would be untenable from a gameplay standpoint.

Lets be honest. If water is too stiff for you, garlic is gonna knock you flat.

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
enthusiast
enthusiast
There should even be a special small dialogue where he is choking.

Orbax Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by JDCrenton
There should even be a special small dialogue where he is choking.

And if you romanced him mouth to mouth or the heimlich cry

T
addict
addict
T
This does sort of remind of a late 90s Ranma fanfic where the Tendous become vampires and there's a funny scene with garlic. (I had to go digging to find this.)

"Oh, thank you, Cologne!" Kasumi cooed, gently taking
the cross. She reached into the front of her own dress and
pulled out the tiny golden crucifix she wore to compare the
two. "This is so beautiful," she said quietly, running her
finger along the exquisite wood carving. "Mother always said
that we place too much importance in symbols, but I believe
that this helps us to remember an important sacrifice. Don't
you think?"

Cologne coughed anxiously and backed away from the young
woman. This wasn't what she had expected! It certainly wasn't
what the lore led her to beleive.

Nabiki couldn't help but smirk. Shampoo was stammering
in shock. Ukyou shook her head slightly as she helped Akane to
her feet, confusion and fear still plain on her face. Nabiki
saw a pile of peeled garlic cloves on a table nearby the
entrance. She smirked wickedly and picked up a handful.

"Nabiki," Kasumi said in a cautioning tone.

The younger girl smiled and stuffed the cloves into her
mouth.

"Nabiki, you really shouldn't--"

Nabiki crunched down, smiling meanly at the Amazons.

"Oh my," Kasumi said in a disappointed tone.

Nabiki's eyes went wide. She immediately spit the garlic
out and began screaming. "Water!!!!" She dove behind Kasumi,
stuck her head into a bucket of holy water and began to drink.

"You'll have to excuse my sister," Kasumi coughed
politely. "We have a very sensitive sense of smell and taste,
and I'm afraid Nabiki didn't know how powerful whole garlic
really is."

Tired, exhausted and hurt, Ukyou couldn't help but
chuckle. "That makes sense. Vampires can't stand garlic
because it's too strong. Hah!"

"But I like ga-- AAAHH!" Nabiki stuck her head back in
the bucket of holy water and continued to drink.

Cradling her cut wing, Akane nodded. "She might as well
have put pepper spray on her tongue."

Orbax Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand

(I had to go digging to find this.)

I went into my ranma fanfic folder that I have indexed by mutation and kink and thought youd enjoy a slice of my....library.

FTFY

:p

Also, thats a heck of a pull, lol, i like it!

T
addict
addict
T
Nah, I found it on the Wayback Machine, though I suspect it might still exist on fanfiction.net somewhere.

journeyman
journeyman

It's also implied in some dialogue (can't recall where, right now) that sunlight does hurt vampires, but the tadpole somehow suppresses this downside of his vampirism.

The running water things was a nice toch, I was grinning like mad when I noticed it.

Last edited by Mythago; 15/10/20 11:30 PM.
H
enthusiast
enthusiast
H
Originally Posted by Orbax
He shouldnt be able to gobble that stuff down!

I love that idea. its great. need to be implemented !

If it's what it's takes to save the world, then the world doesn't deserves to be saved - Geralt
enthusiast
enthusiast
actually 5e Vampires are not weak to garlic (he OK with sunlight due to the tadpole & I think there a dialog about him being OK with Forbiddance again due to the tadpole.):

Vampire Weaknesses. The vampire has the following flaws:
Forbiddance. The vampire can't enter a residence without an invitation from one of the occupants.
Harmed by Running Water. The vampire takes 20 acid damage if it ends its turn in running water.
Stake to the Heart. If a piercing weapon made of wood is driven into the vampire's heart while the vampire is incapacitated in its resting place, the vampire is paralyzed until the stake is removed.
Sunlight Hypersensitivity. The vampire takes 20 radiant damage when it starts its turn in sunlight. While in sunlight, it has disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks

Orbax Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Merry Mayhem
actually 5e Vampires are not weak to garlic (he OK with sunlight due to the tadpole & I think there a dialog about him being OK with Forbiddance again due to the tadpole.):

Vampire Weaknesses. The vampire has the following flaws:
Forbiddance. The vampire can't enter a residence without an invitation from one of the occupants.
Harmed by Running Water. The vampire takes 20 acid damage if it ends its turn in running water.
Stake to the Heart. If a piercing weapon made of wood is driven into the vampire's heart while the vampire is incapacitated in its resting place, the vampire is paralyzed until the stake is removed.
Sunlight Hypersensitivity. The vampire takes 20 radiant damage when it starts its turn in sunlight. While in sunlight, it has disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks

Did you just ackshually me

Does Astarion take acid damage if the water spell is cast on him? Or if the summon rain ability from the Raincaller staff is used on him?

Id check, but I exiled him after he tried to feed on me =P

Orbax Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by The Drow Warlock
Does Astarion take acid damage if the water spell is cast on him? Or if the summon rain ability from the Raincaller staff is used on him?

Id check, but I exiled him after he tried to feed on me =P

Just checked! no

enthusiast
enthusiast
[Linked Image]
Garlic is not one of weakness in 5e

Orbax Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Redwyrm
[Linked Image]
Garlic is not one of weakness in 5e

Merry Mayhem already beat you to it :p

Link Copied to Clipboard