Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Eddiar Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Call me a lame villain but I play as an evil character by siding with the goblins would I be forced to kill ALL the Tieflings?

Is there no way to spare some of them?
I haven't gone down the evil route yet so I don't know.

And also wouln't characters like Gale and Wyl just leave my group when they see this evil mayhem?

I don't need everything spoiled but it would be nice to have a little heads up.

Thank you!

Last edited by Eddiar; 15/10/20 02:45 PM.
veteran
veteran
It's worse, becaues if you won't find and kill every single man woman and child in the grove the game will be stuck and you won't be able to advance the quest. I couldn't continue until I found the tiefling children hideout and slaoughtered them all

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Eddiar Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Jesus christ.

I have to hunt down kids? frown

It dose not matter what you choose it only matters what the unimaginative writer has chosen, Like try to accept the devils offer to remove the tadpole, guess what it dose not matter he wont do it you get the same answer as in refusing his offer.
Story is linear and worse binary, its zero or one, yes or no.

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Originally Posted by xMardeRx
It dose not matter what you choose it only matters what the unimaginative writer has chosen, Like try to accept the devils offer to remove the tadpole, guess what it dose not matter he wont do it you get the same answer as in refusing his offer.

True I accepted his offer and was really surprised when he acted like I haven't. It really felt like I don't really have a choice here.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Eddiar
Jesus christ.

You're not the diet coke of evil you gotta commit! If Anakin can kill the younglings I'm sure you can.

Eddiar Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast

I am assuming this is an EA issue because they can't make all the options available just yet.

addict
addict
Jesus christ.

You are evil aren't you?

Saying that, you can use knock-out action on them, the game will register you as killing them, but technically they are just unconscious.

If that makes you feel better, if you do the good path, there is almost no way to avoid killing goblins kids...

Jesus christ.

Don't worry, you won't even be doing it for any sort of reward, just for shits and giggles.

To be fair, you'll likely have to murder a few goblin kids if you go the default "good" route too, Larian really has it in for children laugh

Originally Posted by Zress

True I accepted his offer and was really surprised when he acted like I haven't. It really felt like I don't really have a choice here.

Yep. That was weird. I just think that side of the story isn't completed yet.

apprentice
apprentice
Whats the problem in killing children? If you spare them, they will just die from starving and will not join their parents in Valhalla.

Originally Posted by GetPrise
Whats the problem in killing children? If you spare them, they will just die from starving and will not join their parents in Valhalla.

Wrong cosmology my dude laugh

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Abits
It's worse, becaues if you won't find and kill every single man woman and child in the grove the game will be stuck and you won't be able to advance the quest. I couldn't continue until I found the tiefling children hideout and slaoughtered them all

It might play out differently for everyone. On one character I killed the druids inside and when I went back out, the tieflings and druids had all killed each other in some mass battle. Only a couple of tieflings were left. I told Minthara where the grove was and when I went back there, she was standing in the one area acting as if the goblins had killed everyone and I completed that quest arc with her back at my camp. Didn't even know anything about that hideout on that character. On another character I also killed the druids inside but everything was normal outside. Will try again siding with Minthara on another character to see if it plays out differently.

You must move quickly. The children are relentless. If they are not all destroyed, it will be headaches without end.( Imperial march softly plays in background)

if you did not visit the grove prior and investigate you did most likely not find the secret children thief hideout.
That could be the cause of your problem.

H
enthusiast
enthusiast
H
Jesus christ.

Just do it man ! embrace true evil. being a murderhobo isn't only about killing merchant and gettin' the gold coins.

If it's what it's takes to save the world, then the world doesn't deserves to be saved - Geralt
old hand
old hand
Sorry but I have to ask - what is worse about killing the tiefling / druid children vs killing Goblin children?

Halsim is guarded by two Goblin children, if you don't kill them they escape to warn the rest of the Goblins.

Last edited by DumbleDorf; 16/10/20 12:40 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
You can let the goblins run ahead and do it for you if you don't want to. It is pretty funny watching a warrior drop a 2h sword on a kid's skull for 20 damage and one tap them though.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard