Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
enthusiast
enthusiast
Just give me Angelina Jolie looking face, pretty please so I can die happy.

But speaking of facial structure, I did notice that a lot of female heads have pretty small eyes. Like why? When I take my glasses off, my eyes are way larger than any of the BG3 presets. They all legit look like me with glasses on (talking about the eyes, not faces).

Last edited by Nicottia; 15/10/20 09:55 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
If that's your example of a masculine looking woman, I'm with it.

old hand
old hand
Oh christ, here we go. Not another one of these guys.

old hand
old hand
I'm with the following comments:

"I hadn't noticed, and the provided image didn't sway me."
"If that's your example of a masculine looking woman, I'm with it."
"Oh christ, here we go. Not another one of these guys."

I don't think girls look too masculine at all.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Horrorscope

+1

Originally Posted by Denzla

+1

+2

"There are three things that are strength incarnate: there is love of life, there is fear of death, and there is family. A family that loves death would have a strong pull indeed." - Tamoko
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost
Originally Posted by dreambled
I don't recall seeing any masculine looking ladies in the character creation.

Look at the bone structure...

[Linked Image]

The heavily pronounced zygomatic bone is a defining masculine feature. Yes, women have it too but not like this. This is just one example.

I don't see anything masculine about her. If anything she looks feminine to me. Take a look at the actress Olivia Wilde who has a very square jawline but still looks feminine. Maybe you have a different taste in women assuming you are a male.

Dude come on, you can't really think the woman in the picture you provided looks masculine. No way.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Boney is the word I'd choose, they have very chiseled facial features which is fine but I'd like more than the 1-2 (depending on race) good choices for building a thot.

Last edited by Sunfly; 16/10/20 01:27 AM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Kaspr
Yes they are too masculine, not all women have defined jawlines. Some elves look like transgender humans with elf ears. I'd prefer more feminine versions. But, that is no problem if they let us mod the faces. Extract the face meshes, sculpt non-destructive (preserve the indexes) in i.e. Blender and update the vertices with new coordinates. I did that in skyrim.

Or alternatively just give us sliders...?

L
L

Yes, all this.

That said, all the Caucasian female heads do have a sort of chiseled Northern European look to them. I wouldn't say they look masculine, but some with narrower jawlines, softer features, and larger eyes would be nice. Also, some with a more Mediterranean or Middle Eastern look would be nice.

In other words, more variety and just more in general would be good.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost
Yes they are too masculine, not all women have defined jawlines. Some elves look like transgender humans with elf ears. I'd prefer more feminine versions. But, that is no problem if they let us mod the faces. Extract the face meshes, sculpt non-destructive (preserve the indexes) in i.e. Blender and update the vertices with new coordinates. I did that in skyrim.

Or alternatively just give us sliders...?

I wonder why they don't use sliders. Speaking from experience, it's not hard to implement this and doesn't take much time either. Maybe they use unique meshes for each head, that would be a problem.

L
L
Maybe they use unique meshes for each head, that would be a problem.
The heads are all 3D scans. Not sure if all the vertices would be analogous even if each mesh had the same vertex count. I assume there must be some way to do that, but that it would have had to have been planned from the beginning.

enthusiast
enthusiast
You can't say they are "ugly" or "masculine" or anything subjective like that.

What you can say is that you don't like them, they seem to YOU, too masculine or ugly or anything. And you can be right, nobody can decide what should you like. Don't wake up the realistic look enforcer pitchfork crowd smile

As for the game, adding even more variety and sliders to adjust every detail, or open it to modding is the way to go, if they want to please as many as possible.

There are absolute no reasons to keep things as they are. It's not like we are in a re-educating institute here and we need to change our tastes.
These faces aren't Elder Scrolls Online level ugly, that's sure, but they aren't Black Desert Online or Final Fantasy XIV level pretty either. Many western games are notorious in creating ugly faces and ugly bodies, while Koreans & Japanese artists can create amazing beauties and even more amazing animations which can convey deep emotions, but then fall short at gameplay part. There are exceptions, but usually that's west vs. east.

Dragon Age Origins had quite pretty face options to pick, as well less beauty ones, for those who want that way, while Dragon Age Inquisition had just bad options IMO, compared to what I could have in DAO. No DnD type of game had ever any good looks, but they usually have very poor graphics, no wonder Baldur's Gate 3 is first of it's kind. Or at least could be, because it's not there yet. These aren't the most beautiful faces ever created, and won't ever be if we are content with what we get.

journeyman
journeyman
Giver us sliders, that way this argument dies.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Is this a man or woman, just looking at the head?

[Linked Image]

She is an elf, elves are supposed to be chiseled. There are entire two large threads about how they are not chiseled enough.

Originally Posted by LoneSky
You can't say they are "ugly" or "masculine" or anything subjective like that.

What you can say is that you don't like them, they seem to YOU, too masculine or ugly or anything. And you can be right, nobody can decide what should you like. Don't wake up the realistic look enforcer pitchfork crowd smile

As for the game, adding even more variety and sliders to adjust every detail, or open it to modding is the way to go, if they want to please as many as possible.

There are absolute no reasons to keep things as they are. It's not like we are in a re-educating institute here and we need to change our tastes.
These faces aren't Elder Scrolls Online level ugly, that's sure, but they aren't Black Desert Online or Final Fantasy XIV level pretty either. Many western games are notorious in creating ugly faces and ugly bodies, while Koreans & Japanese artists can create amazing beauties and even more amazing animations which can convey deep emotions

Exactly, this is entirely subjective opinion. To me FFXIV and BDO faces look like plastic dolls that convey zero emotion and all look the same. I am ecstatic to get faces that actually look like real people.

Last edited by Arideya; 16/10/20 06:05 PM.

"There are three things that are strength incarnate: there is love of life, there is fear of death, and there is family. A family that loves death would have a strong pull indeed." - Tamoko
journeyman
journeyman
they look like females. I looked at a bunch of options, and they seemed very female in shape

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Arideya
She is an elf, elves are supposed to be chiseled. There are entire two large threads about how they are not chiseled enough.

Yeah, don't judge drow by human standards. They are a whole different creature entire. My gut feeling as a long time d&d player is that they got looks and feels quite right for minthara. She feels drow.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard