Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Amnixx Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
The petrified Drows in Underdark were yellow when the Beholder charmed them to fight me. I cut the charm effect but they still fight me and I ended up having to kill them. Is there a way to keep them alive to talk to?

journeyman
journeyman
I think those Drow are a bit wonky. Some of them attacked the beholder in my game. In the end though they all died (by my hands). You can always use the talk with dead spells. That said it was awesome to see a Beholder that more or less ambushed me.

N
old hand
old hand
N
I think they are only meant to be foes, sadly. I knocked down their leader, the captain. When I came back a while later, she tried to attack me.

Last edited by Nyanko; 13/10/20 06:59 PM.
veteran
veteran
Does this beholder feature legendary actions?

enthusiast
enthusiast
This encounter is still very buggy

- If you send a single party member there and let him die the Drow and the Beholder keep fighting.

- Drow who are not charmed attack you all the same.

- The charmed status persists after the Beholder die.

- The Drow don't show as hostile in the map.

Necromancy is just recycling...
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
They don't act like true npc's. I used the basilisk oil to unpetrify one, well before the fight, and it attacked me right away, no chance for dialogue.

They are hostile to you no matter what. But even though the Beholder "charms" them, once the Beholder attacks them, which it does a lot, their charm breaks, and the Drow starts fighting both of you.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem

Not a beholder as such, spectator - lesser form of beholder.

old hand
old hand
It might be because they were hunters and are evil drow in the underdark and will just KOS everything. I wonder if being disguised as a drow would change how they act.

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Orbax
It might be because they were hunters and are evil drow in the underdark and will just KOS everything. I wonder if being disguised as a drow would change how they act.

No, it doesn't matter. My character was a lolth sworn drow and they still attacked her, even after the spectator died and I knocked down their leader. It's a shame really. Would make for an interesting encounter.

Last edited by Nyanko; 13/10/20 10:19 PM.
K
K
as far as I know there is no way to talk to them. I also thought this might be a case and did the fight 3 or 4 times. Even killing the spectator without hitting any of the drow I still had to fight them. If you look at the lore material/document one of them had they were down there to attack the temple of selune, so along with being evil alignment them being hostile makes some sense.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Kraydenvar
as far as I know there is no way to talk to them. I also thought this might be a case and did the fight 3 or 4 times. Even killing the spectator without hitting any of the drow I still had to fight them. If you look at the lore material/document one of them had they were down there to attack the temple of selune, so along with being evil alignment them being hostile makes some sense.

Except when you character is lolth sworn drow herself. It's right up on her face.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Eireson
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem

Not a beholder as such, spectator - lesser form of beholder.

It's high mobility and damage along with the drow are tough enough at lvl3-4 without tossing in legendary actions. Hands down my favorite encounter in the game though. Definitely "just right" for the difficulty. Those chad-otars are on another level - much tougher but totally doable.

stranger
stranger
I just pushed him over the edge into the gasses below and set it on fire.

B
stranger
stranger
B
This was a tough encounter but doable with tactics. If anything the game could do with more tough encounters like this one.

It sure is disappointing to have to fight the drow after the beholder is killed. The beholder keeps the petrified drow around so that it can charm them into fighting for it, but they're hostile to it- it's odd that it doesn't try to charm or petrify your party though.

It would be a great encounter, dripping with juicy lore, if you could save the drow and uncover their story. Even if it most likely turned hostile afterwards, it would be nice to have the dialogue.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Just like the Beholder in the flask he isn't immune to frightened.....which means like any tough fight in the EA atm......Lae'zel just solo'd him smirk
Since both fights are optional and out of the way I would suggest to make him immune to frightened.
Rather have them nerf the minotaurs that swarm you at the featherfall entry point in the underdark after the spiderqueen fight.

U
stranger
stranger
U
My first thread in the forum. Here it goes.
After ambush ı checked here and realised drow can be killed earlier. interesting unlike bg2 items drop when dead.
second floar whre beholder ambushesd you is trickey but... I thor items to sthe statues and their health dropped . killed few of them before triggering the Beholder attack.

Then seperated lea'zel to meet with beholder in norrow upper area seperated others as well and hide move froward with one of them and beholder jumpped.Stealth check was succesful and couldnt find any opponent turned back to flesh one of the statues

Lea'zel was too far away but easy again.

Banned
Banned
Disappointing. I was looking forward to more than just another unreasonable fight. -_-
I cannot even de-petrify them though.

Threw the anti-stone potion at them and it did nothing. LOL.
Oh well - at least I tried.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by JustAnotherBaldu
Disappointing. I was looking forward to more than just another unreasonable fight.

WTF is unreasonable bout it?

Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by RumRunner151
WTF is unreasonable bout it?

The fact that a Lothsworn Drow attacks another Lolthsworn Drow on sight?

Imagine being ambushed and petrified by a damn beholder.
Apparently there is a blackout without timelagg for the petrified person.
It probably appears like you have just blinked and you are suddenly in another location, when the petrification ends.

So I wander around the Underdark on my stupid mission to infiltrate this outpost leading to the surface.
But suddenly my people are all stone... and I am surrounded by a group of unknown people - which seem to be lead by a fellow Drow though.
Yeah I totally behave like an idiot and attack them... all alone that is.

Cause my group nuked the Beholder before he could even use a single one of them against me.
So they did not had the brainwashing spell on them also.
This encounter is the one in the game which feels the most "Early Access" of all of them.
In the entire version, there needs to be depth, reason, logic, choice.

Those is not some filler-like Gnolls on the road encounter. Drow are favoured by many fans of the Forgotten Realms.
And our only encounter with a group of them in the Underdark is just another mob-battle.
Seems like 'they' are the one's with a tadpol in their heads that ate almost all of their brain.
Just like Zombies without a mind they just attack.
A waste.

This Woman leading them even got a cool Noble's name indicating the stylish Drowsociety background story!
What is she? The most dressed up trashmob of all times?

I could understand it when the Beholder used a buff on them to make himself look allied to them. But not without.
Yeah I had hope it would be different if I create a neutral environment, but it made no difference.
I had hope.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by JustAnotherBaldu; 17/11/20 08:05 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by JustAnotherBaldu

The fact that a Lothsworn Drow attacks another Lolthsworn Drow on sight?

This is normal behaviour. smile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard