V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Eguzky
Originally Posted by Emrikol
Originally Posted by Eguzky
Originally Posted by Emrikol

Shouldn't you be out protesting somewhere?

I'm not the sad sack trying to make someone feel bad for their accomplishments.

I'm just the one who fights back against bullies like you, who try to make everyone else feel bad to make up for your own lack of joy.

I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad for their accomplishments. I'm saying (through succinct sarcasm) that making multiple threads on the same subject is obnoxious. Like someone else explicitly said, keep it to one thread.

Oh yes, because everyone knows a sarcastic comment and an eye-roll is universal for 'Please don't make multiple threads or spam the forums'.

Instead of, you know, being a snide way to make someone feel bad they posted something. I guess it got lost in translation.

From my perspective the only bully in this thread is you. He made a simple sarcastic comment and you tried equating it to the level of domestic violence. If you feel that one sarcastic word is that over the top imagine how others look at your follow up posts.

And I agree, keep it to one thread. Or are you ok with a new post every time this person beats the previous record by 1.33 seconds? Posting in the same thread still bumps it to the top, no reason to clutter up the boards with multiple posts.

stranger
stranger
I like the possibility of finish act 1 doing nothing. No companion required, no quest / questline, no items. I like it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Gard Hull
Oh come on. The dude skipped 99.9% of the content. I fail to see anything resembling an accomplishment there. (That's not bullying, that's an observation.)
Whatever floats his boat though.

Speedruns are about getting to the end of the game. Not 100% said game.

That said, there are many categories: 'any % runs' and '100% runs' and 'glitchless runs' because, of course, a 100% run will take longer than a run where you glitch to the ending credits in 5 minutes.

But they are all valid speedruns.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by vageta31

From my perspective the only bully in this thread is you. He made a simple sarcastic comment and you tried equating it to the level of domestic violence. If you feel that one sarcastic word is that over the top imagine how others look at your follow up posts.

And I agree, keep it to one thread. Or are you ok with a new post every time this person beats the previous record by 1.33 seconds? Posting in the same thread still bumps it to the top, no reason to clutter up the boards with multiple posts.

You missed the point of that information.

Frequently, jerks say 'they were asking for it' as a way to shift the blame off their own deplorable actions and instead try to convince people their target deserved to be hit, insulted, or whatever.
These people will tear down an accomplishment or throw a punch and then say 'It's not MY fault! He was asking for it!' and 100% believe they are being the 'nice guy' while acting like a jerk.

I don't stand for that. If speedruns don't impress someone, then they should not read a thread about a speedrun.
Instead of, you know, making a snide comment meant to tear down the OP's accomplishment.

So if you think I'm the ONLY bully here, you may want to reread the other dude's reaction. It had no purpose other than to be snide and condescending.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard