Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
stranger
stranger
Wait, are we playing the same game? IMO they look the most feminine I've seen in any game so far. Would love to have some more sliders (nose / lips) though....

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost
Is this a man or woman, just looking at the head?

[Linked Image]

That's an elf and elves facial structures are neither feminine nor masculine. They are very lean and beautiful. I think the issue here goes with your taste in women. What may be your type may not be the type for others. What you don't find beautiful, others might find beautiful. It seems that what you're complaining about is based on your personal preference.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Kakulukiam
Wait, are we playing the same game? IMO they look the most feminine I've seen in any game so far. Would love to have some more sliders (nose / lips) though....

I agree. I also feel it's a little tacky for the females to have eye makeup but no lip color.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Lady Avyna
I agree. I also feel it's a little tacky for the females to have eye makeup but no lip color.

Huh. I usually wear eye-liner but often don't bother with lips as dye dries them out and lipstick... er, let's just say I can't be trusted with it.

J'aime le fromage.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by Lady Avyna

Huh. I usually wear eye-liner but often don't bother with lips as dye dries them out and lipstick... er, let's just say I can't be trusted with it.

I wasn't specifically talking about lipstick but at least some type of lip color. Having more pinkish lips doesn't necessarily mean they need to have lipstick. As for having dry lips or getting dry lips, there's always lip gloss that can give pale lips a little more color but not dry them. Then again, this is just for fictional characters.

Last edited by Lady Avyna; 16/10/20 10:40 PM.
stranger
stranger
What the fuck? You need glasses.

P
stranger
stranger
P
I wish we could have actually masculine female faces instead of supermodels for every option. Wouldn't that be a treat?

apprentice
apprentice
god forbid there be women in this world who..look.. different.. than your view of "feminine"???

(seriously, what even is the argument here? what would be "feminine" enough for you? Larian scanned real people. real faces. dozens. several dozen.)

3 pages later and I still can't wrap my brain around op's point confused

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by Milani
god forbid there be women in this world who..look.. different.. than your view of "feminine"???

(seriously, what even is the argument here? what would be "feminine" enough for you? Larian scanned real people. real faces. dozens. several dozen.)

they're not sexy enough for him and therefore they're bad and shouldn't be in the game

S
apprentice
apprentice
S

I've already seen in this topic that some men just want asian style hentai girls in their games. God forbid we have realistic women in games

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Saryle

I've already seen in this topic that some men just want asian style hentai girls in their games. God forbid we have realistic women in games

Why are you assuming my gender?

enthusiast
enthusiast

Just have both. Problem solved.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
If anything I'd say the female face models are too pretty.

But that is the problem with "beauty" and "femininity/masculinity", its all subjective. What I find masculine or beautiful others would not. I think the subjective nature of it makes topic like this (and some of the others raging on the forum) moot.

L
L
Originally Posted by Dinvan
But that is the problem with "beauty" and "femininity/masculinity", its all subjective.
Not so much in the latter case when it comes to physical form. For example, androgens have specific and well-known effects on the development of facial bone structure.

veteran
veteran
I'm kinda baffled this thread reached the third page, frankly.
There isn't really much to discuss beside OP's delusion.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Labayu
Originally Posted by Dinvan
But that is the problem with "beauty" and "femininity/masculinity", its all subjective.
Not so much in the latter case when it comes to physical form. For example, androgens have specific and well-known effects on the development of facial bone structure.

No, a pronounced brow ridge has nothing to do with greater androgen production...or a wider jaw...absolutely nothing. Beard growth too. Secondary sex characteristics are just subjective.

I can see how they're not 'conventionally beautiful' as in most RPGs and MMORPGs where every option is basically a flawless super model with instagram filters on.

That said, I don't think they're masculine. Some faces are very pretty, I think.

old hand
old hand
Just looking through the "screenshot of your character" thread, I've seen tons of super beautiful female characters in BG 3.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Goldberry
I can see how they're not 'conventionally beautiful' as in most RPGs and MMORPGs where every option is basically a flawless super model

Nope.
Actually I can't even concede this half assed point.
If anything most of them look insanely pretty, in ways that even some "models" would envy.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by LoneSky

Just have both. Problem solved.

The game style should be coherent. But there definitely will be mods for "sexy" girls, so we all will be happy in the end.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard