Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Meril Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Which classes would you like to see the most? and ... just write whatever you would like to write regarding that class

Here are mine:

Bard:
I enjoy the style of a bard, especially the music instruments and I think he could be designed to be a great support class - especially for supporting other players in multiplayer. Being able to mainly support other players instead of directly fighting would offer a new playstyle in which Icould primarely focus on my relationship with them: E.g. I would have to know their skills to support them optimally and coordinate with the skills they want to use. So playing bard could be less about the bard himself, but about how I can think of myself in a supportive relationship to others.
Another idea I have would be a song weaving mechanic, were you can compose actual music during combat for effects. Playing certain notes allow you to follow up with certain other notes to continue a melodie. My keyboard could become a music instrument and I could focus on both: continuing the music in a harmonious way and playing what is meaningful in the current combat situation. Or another system could allow me to create my own skills: certain notes are a modifier, another note is the kind of skill (melee, range, AoE) and a final note is the main effect. I could compose my skills in that way and they would have the designed effect while playing the chosen notes as a melodie. Certain melodies that are good creations could sound better than others were I badly combined skills. The developers would need to think in sounds to design this.

Druid:
I imagine shapeshifting into different enemies to be really enjoyable and would hope for each animal to have distinct and interesting skillsets. Nature magic and mysticism sound fun as well. Ideally each of the forms would have it's own depth and playstyle, so that shifting into an animal would be far more than just shifting into it to get a strong armor penetration attack. Also the shifting itself could have an effect, so that timing it would be meaningful in combat.

Artificer:
I like complex classes and the artificer seems to be one from my reading of it. Also being able to interact with all kinds of objects around me sounds fun and the artificer could be designed to interact more with the environment and things lying in it by infusing them with magic.

apprentice
apprentice
I just hope they don't limit druid shapes to just like bear, wolf and a cat xD

journeyman
journeyman
Paladins, just because of who your companions are right now (mostly evil characters). I'm hoping for some serious smiting to occur pretty quick.

Druids, because they are the most complex class of spellcasters of D&D5, their versatility is intimidating. But I'm afraid they'll just make them surface-powerhouses. Which would be a MAJOR turnoff for me and probably the last straw before giving up on the game.

Bards, because they'll test the limits of the engine with their versatility / mobility / buffs & debuffs.

Last edited by Temperance; 08/10/20 06:21 PM.
veteran
veteran
Divine Soul sorcerer. Closest we will get to mystic theurge

All classes from the PHB will be included. As for subclasses, we'll see. Fingers crossed for Knowledge Cleric + Lore Bard.

stranger
stranger
All 12 classic classes will be joining the game for sure, which do i want to be added FIrst tho?

1. Druid - I've been a druid player for 2 decades, in as many different games as can be found that have an option like it, so this coming ASAP would be great.

2. Druid - See above.

3 Bard - I cannot wait to see what they do with this, very intrigued.

journeyman
journeyman
Hexblade warlock

Meril Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Denzla
I just hope they don't limit druid shapes to just like bear, wolf and a cat xD

I would like it, if they would give the druid some more unusual forms to shapeshift into - like owl bear.

Last edited by Meril; 08/10/20 08:45 PM.
addict
addict
If we count not-that-likely subclasses... I'd kill for Conquest Paladin and Gloomstalker.

Out of more likely subclasses - I'm curious about the implementation of Wild Magic Sorcerer and Assassin.

For classes in general, I want to see Druids. Not much of a Druid player, but I wonder how Wildshape will look.

addict
addict
I hear a lot of folks mentioning Paladin (well, not in this thread, but :P).

BUT Druid would be a perfect addition considering ...

Last edited by Baraz; 08/10/20 09:30 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
I'd love to see the Swashbuckler subclass for Rogue

apprentice
apprentice
I imagine we’ll get all the PHB classes, no?

Druid is all but a certainty considering the Druid grove featuring early in game. The only class I doubt we’ll see is the Artificer since it originates in an Eberron sourcebook.

The question is just how many subclasses they include. Particularly ones that significantly alter the mechanics of the class compared to others (like Bladesinger for Wizards).

Last edited by someoneinatree; 08/10/20 10:11 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Baraz
I hear a lot of folks mentioning Paladin (well, not in this thread, but :P).

\Was just on my way down here to write "paladins."

Also, Hexblade warlocks. And any type of bard.

But maybe most of all? Barbarians. Because I think it would make a lot of sense for them to shove people extra hard while raging, and I want to see the little gobbos fly.

journeyman
journeyman
Artifacer is a eberron specific class and is NOT one that should be in a D&D game set in Faerun.

I expect all the core rule book classes to be in the game. IMHO that shouldn't even be a question.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I would love to see Grave Cleric added! If any sourcebook other than PHB is added/prioritized it should be Xanathar

stranger
stranger
Sorcerer - Really looking forward to seeing how wild magic turns out.

Druid - Want to see what Wild Shape forms and abilities we will get. Hopefully all.

Paladin - Will we get Oathbreaker?

Doom Stalker Ranger - Needs to be in.
Scout Rogue - Needs to be in.
Divine Soul Sorcerer - Needs to be in.

W
stranger
stranger
W
Bard. My original run through BG1&2 was with a melee Bard. With the changes of an updated ruleset and the new subs like college of valor and college of whispers, really looking forward to running one again.

Edit: As a side note, hoping the Horizon Walker ranger sub makes it in.

Last edited by WinterbornGuard; 16/10/20 07:26 PM.
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
1. Bard (Lore specifically)

2. Hexblade warlock

3. Paladín

4. Sorcerer

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Definitely druid, with the option of becoming some interesting non-fighting wildshapes. Rats, ravens or squirrels for scouting, for example. In a truly open-world game I'd add creatures like small lizards and monkeys who could access otherwise inaccessible ledges and climb cliff-faces, but I appreciate that sometimes those inaccessible edges are there to designate the limits of the drawn known world.

Last edited by Sadurian; 16/10/20 07:50 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
I really want to recreate my current tabletop character in BG3 so I hope lore bard play well. Also really want to play as an assassin rogue!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard