Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
The one thing I have always liked with all my fantasy games is that you could have a button or way to either have your helm/hat/crown visible or not. It is a nice feature to have since you did spend some time on your character's looks. Am I alone in wanting to have this option or do others agree with having this as well? Apologies if this has already been brought up already.

Edit note: Also a hood on/off toggle would be nice too for robes and/or cloaks. smile

Last edited by Ghost King; 15/10/20 02:06 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
I like when games allow a button for Helmet off outside of combat myself.

That way you can get the best of both worlds. I am sure they will add something, DoS2 had it, and if not someone will mod it in for sure.

As a free action, can I regret my life choices
enthusiast
enthusiast
It's a cosmetic feature that doesn't hurt anyone or affect the game in any way so yes.

T
addict
addict
T
Yes, please. I hate the look of most helmets.

I'd like this option too, and was surprised it isn't in the game already. The first helmet I picked up for my MC -- some leather thing with tassels on the back -- was hideous.

Ideally we would have three options: always shown, or shown except in dialogs, or always off.

I like always off, even if there is some cognitive dissonance in gaining AC and perks from helms that don't show up in-game. It makes it easier to always identify my party members. The look is consistent whether they're talking in cut scenes or out in the game world.

Last edited by Frumpkis; 15/10/20 02:36 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I have recommended this before but they should not only allow you to hide your helmets but also hide or change the look of any of your armors.

A lot of games do this in both single player and MMOs. You can choose how your armor appears and are not forced to change your look just because you got an upgrade.
Assassins Creed for example.

If anything they should go further. We should be allowed to recolor the armors in the game as well. Go to a dye shop and recolor those brown leathers black! Because why not!

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'd like a "hide helmet[hood, whatever]" option. I'd also like a ... show more jewelry option if that makes sense.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Frumpkis
I'd like this option too, and was surprised it isn't in the game already. The first helmet I picked up for my MC -- some leather thing with tassels on the back -- was hideous.

Ideally we would have three options: always shown, or shown except in dialogs, or always off.

I like always off, even if there is some cognitive dissonance in gaining AC and perks from helms that don't show up in-game. It makes it easier to always identify my party members. The look is consistent whether they're talking in cut scenes or out in the game world.

Originally Posted by Eddiar
I have recommended this before but they should not only allow you to hide your helmets but also hide or change the look of any of your armors.

A lot of games do this in both single player and MMOs. You can choose how your armor appears and are not forced to change your look just because you got an upgrade.
Assassins Creed for example.

If anything they should go further. We should be allowed to recolor the armors in the game as well. Go to a dye shop and recolor those brown leathers black! Because why not!

Glad I'm not the only one. Just wanted to highlight the last two since you both put up great examples that would be nice to have as well. I think both great suggestions to be considered and added. I am sure we are only getting the less flashy armors and cosmetics right now since it is still in development, but I hope they take your suggestions into consideration. I think it would be awesome to be able to have those options available.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Newtinmpls
I'd like a "hide helmet[hood, whatever]" option. I'd also like a ... show more jewelry option if that makes sense.

Sorry didn't see your post until I posted. Totally down with that as well. I like to see as much detail as possible.

apprentice
apprentice
Definitely agree. I didn't spend 45 minutes in character creation to hide it all.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by Tomoya
I like when games allow a button for Helmet off outside of combat myself.

That way you can get the best of both worlds. I am sure they will add something, DoS2 had it, and if not someone will mod it in for sure.

Glad to have found this post, I was searching of ages for the button to hide my helm and was wondering where hey hid the option.
I like the idea of hiding it outside of combat, maybe make it a toggle for each individual character as I like the circlet that Shadowheart wears and it looks nice in cinematics, but some of the other helmets not so much.

enthusiast
enthusiast
+1

Necromancy is just recycling...
apprentice
apprentice
I think it would be great to have a setting in the options to hide helmets in conversations and cut scenes. I don't mind my character walking around in a helmet in the world, or in fights. But when the cinematic starts it would be nice to see faces.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
+1

veteran
veteran
I don't even think it deserves a debate.
I'm all for it but we all know it's coming. They always had the option in their past games, no reason to think this will be any different.

P.S.
Originally Posted by Ghost King
Edit note: Also a hood on/off toggle would be nice too for robes and/or cloaks. smile

This reminds me how much I dislike how most games of this type picture mantles and cloaks.
The often end up looking like a rectangular carpets glued to your back rather than a large piece of cloth wrapping around you.
I hope Larian will nail the aesthetic this time.

Last edited by Tuco; 15/10/20 12:12 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
At the very least give us the same option we had in dos2. The rest is bonus

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
A
stranger
stranger
A
Agree 100% My ranger is tired of helmet hair..

W
stranger
stranger
W
Agree.

journeyman
journeyman
+1

Considering I spent like 10 minutes deciding what hairstyle to put on my character, having it hidden once you equip a helmet is pretty disappointing. The helmets are pretty buggy anyway, hair clips through quite often.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Originally Posted by Tuco
I don't even think it deserves a debate.

I agree. It should be standard in every CRPG.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard