Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
veteran
veteran
Let's not drag politics into this, please.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Considering how freaking jacked Halsyn the wood elf druid is, I think it's fairly safe to assume that there will be at least some body type options added later. The priest of Loviatar is covered in enough scars to hope for being able to add marks and damage too.
Of all the things to hope for I'd say the biggest one is more in-depth face customization - maybe not sliders, but at least choosing individual parts (eyes, noses, overall shape) and skin texture.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Brainer
Considering how freaking jacked Halsyn the wood elf druid is, I think it's fairly safe to assume that there will be at least some body type options added later. The priest of Loviatar is covered in enough scars to hope for being able to add marks and damage too.
Of all the things to hope for I'd say the biggest one is more in-depth face customization - maybe not sliders, but at least choosing individual parts (eyes, noses, overall shape) and skin texture.

Wow thats a really good point... Although it could be a one off.
You gave me some hope!

But I have to say I think the slider dream is dead. But there will hopefully more options. Many more options... like apply 3 different makeups at the same time.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Eddiar
What is this vault Dweller thing? Can you summarize it please?

The Vault Dweller thing is a remark made by Larian that, witth a character creator allowing tails horns and a plethora of skin colors, the most popular options are those of an unremarkable human: https://gamerant.com/baldurs-gate-3-character-most-picked-customizations/

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
I would love to have more options with tattoos, maybe with some that cover more than part of the face or neck, there are so many options. I get that we won't see the half nude equipments of the days gone but still it would be nice, specially since some NPC have armless armors, it would be nice to see tattoos that have a continuos design grom the fingers to the temples ^^

[By the way, why so much of a surprise that the most popular options were those of a human? I mean it's almost natural and pure instict that when dreaming and fantasising we do that in our shoes or a "optimized", the comas because each and every one of us has their opinion of what that means, version of us].

old hand
old hand
I repeat the game needs a boob slider.

stranger
stranger
This game needs more pretty faces, on all of the ones listed on each race only one stands out, the rest are just meh - also the tattoos are kinda lackluster, and some are quite very small to even notice them.

O
stranger
stranger
O
I certainly think that more Tattoos are definitely in order. At least ones on the face, or around the eyes, and ears. Maybe add a jewelry slider too? As for tails, and the like, Tieflings don't actually have a tail slider, that I've noticed. Granted, you get 3 different Tieflings. But that's besides the point. Lol.

What I'd like to see is more races opened up. Gnomes, Dragonborn, Half-Orcs.

I'd also like to the mohawk style that Githyanki get added for all the other races! It's Hair Number 3 or 4. It's the shaved sides/warhawk style that doesn't have the dangly pony-tail.

Originally Posted by Omegaphallic
I repeat the game needs a boob slider.

+1 My dwarf wizard need some epic pecs.

stranger
stranger
Will there be more race options?
For example:
DnD 5e Sub races : Feral Tiefling, and Moon Elves
or
DnD 5e races: Asimaar, Dragonborn, and Genasi to name a few.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I think the character creation is off to such a good start. However, I really hate having to pick from a handful of predetermined faces. What is the likelihood that the released version might have facial feature siders and further customization for those who want it? I really think that being able to mold your character to suit your liking would make for a much more immersive and satisfying experience.

I like the faces that are available for the most part, but I would have much preferred that each race had its own unique head models with zero generalized faces across the board; even between similar species like Elf and Drow.

Other than that the creative work done on what is present is quite nice!

“This year the utopian candy shell has melted away to expose a hard center of bizarre reality.”
enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm looking forward to the expressions on the face of my character looking halfway intelligent...;) As it's a 3rd-party game, I get to see my character's face, up close, often. While the other NPCs in the game, my party members, usually bear facial expressions that seem congruent with the immediate circumstances, my character more often than not appears to be an idiot. His face is always slack, and his eyes are often slits that look like he's either stoned on something or he's half-asleep. His nose sometimes becomes buried in his own hair--don't really know how that happens. In short, my character appears to be an imbecile--all that's lacking is the drooling...;)

I'm confident there's much more to come for character creation in the game...;) But thought I should mention it.

Additionally, since the character creation asks me to pick a voice for my character, I think it would be nice to hear him say his lines--at least as an option on/off like the narrator's voice...!

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Probably a minor thing but has there been any mention of more voiceover options...

Any info appreciated, thanks!

Llev

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Originally Posted by Bufotenina
I would love to have more options with tattoos, maybe with some that cover more than part of the face or neck, there are so many options. I get that we won't see the half nude equipments of the days gone but still it would be nice, specially since some NPC have armless armors, it would be nice to see tattoos that have a continuos design grom the fingers to the temples ^^

[By the way, why so much of a surprise that the most popular options were those of a human? I mean it's almost natural and pure instict that when dreaming and fantasising we do that in our shoes or a "optimized", the comas because each and every one of us has their opinion of what that means, version of us].
no habla problema de los humanos Larian si no usaron el default personaje ni le cambiaron el pelo ni los ojos ni el color como solo dieron ok a todo y entraron. a eso se refiere , me alegro te referiste cada uno ve diferente manera su versión , yo no estoy orgulloso como somos los humanos por eso ni loco me gusta serlo en un videojuego

E
stranger
stranger
E
The characters and race looks feminine.
The whole game comes to me a lot according to new political gender trends.

stranger
stranger
It's clear that Larian have done a great job here,

but I would love to see the following customizations appear on my characters:
small facial defects,
big scars,
wart
etc..

Overall I find ugly or dirty characters missing.

Additionally, but it's a personnal point of view, I find that male elves look like half elves and male half elves look like humans.

Thank you Larian

Last edited by Terremer; 13/11/20 12:38 PM.
stranger
stranger
I'm sure that Larian will have a larger selection of modifications (as well as races) at launch. So long as they make the creation of characters as moddable as possible; the community will come up with all sorts of cool stuff that Larian did not have the time/resources to be able to create.

Are there any other STADIA players having issues with character creation options being locked into a default-style mode or unable to make some selections since Patch #3 dropped?

“This year the utopian candy shell has melted away to expose a hard center of bizarre reality.”
Y
Y
Sliders for deeper customization would be a dream come true. You got time Larian, be our BG3 Disney. Make our dreams come true.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard