Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#698761 15/10/20 05:43 AM
Damashi Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
After the encounter where I "saved a devil" from some paladins I had a perception check involving a rock no one in the party had the strength to move. I then went to camp to get Lae'zel to move it, but the talk icon doesn't appear. She just stands there doing her drinking animation.

journeyman
journeyman
I had that bug and never was able to fix it my last playthrough. I didn't want to go back as far as I'd have to to use her so she was in Camp for the rest of my game. That's after I tried killing her and resurrecting ..nothing fixed it.

stranger
stranger
Okay, I had same type of problem except I could not talk to any of my companions in my team only to those who weren't, but when something happens or when they want to talk to me dialog starts but only with the new options for that event. So I took my heavy crossbow and shot all three of those bugers and after theirs resurrections they came to there senses. Was this problem related to "Kill the devil" quest ? I do not know. I had other problem with "Kill the devil" quest I could not complete it, I killed those Tyr paladins came back to talk to Tiefling but at the end of the dialog nothing happens I can only start that dialog all over again.

stranger
stranger
Had the same bug with Lae'Zel after I changed companions. Seems like she's offended by leaving her behind.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I am now encountering this problem either. She has become completely unusable as a party member. I've done a full play through where I was able to swap her freely with similar choices made.

This is really frustrating because I need her for the minotaur fight.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Yup, exact same issue

D
stranger
stranger
D
If I could figure out how to decode the save files I could take a look at the flags and see if that would tell us anything ... since it's persistent across saves there has to be something buried in there.

I'm wondering if it is tied to the Githyanki patrol that I did not fight. I talked my way out of it. I suspect she gets bugged after that but no way to prove it at this point.

journeyman
journeyman
I had this issue with Lae'Zel and Wyll. I Fixed Lae'Zell by doing the gith quest (talked our way out) and she is now responsive again. With Wyll I went to goblin camp for my extermination run and we spoke to spike, then killed him, I thought that would fix Wyll but he is still non responsive.

K
stranger
stranger
K
I completed the gith quest
Killed the gith, found the necklace and the location of the crech which is beyond the western bridge and unavailable in ea
but she is still unresponsive after asking her to wait at the camp.

D
stranger
stranger
D
After Celebration I was able to get her to talk to me again. Perhaps that will work for others.

I noticed the issue when swapping her out on my first playthrough. Everything on the surface was completed in a goodish fashion, and I hadn't traveled to the Underdark yet. A friend finished all content before he realized she was bugged.

- No interaction
- Tried reloading, restarting game
- Tried downing her, but not killing her
- Couldn't try prior saves because I kept her in my party pretty much all the time

N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by Zarangek
Okay, I had same type of problem except I could not talk to any of my companions in my team only to those who weren't, but when something happens or when they want to talk to me dialog starts but only with the new options for that event. So I took my heavy crossbow and shot all three of those bugers and after theirs resurrections they came to there senses. Was this problem related to "Kill the devil" quest ? I do not know. I had other problem with "Kill the devil" quest I could not complete it, I killed those Tyr paladins came back to talk to Tiefling but at the end of the dialog nothing happens I can only start that dialog all over again.

I have this issue as well now. Has not happened on my previous two playthroughs, but I am now unable to swap companions as my current three won't talk to me. Around the world and in camp, same thing. Everything else works (dialogue wise). I can control all members of my team and have them talk to NPCs, just not my character.

Could it have something to do with reading too many pages in the book in the apothocary basement? That gave me a debuff of sorts that made me unable to talk, but I reloaded to the save before the book and did give it to Gale. But I see others with the Lae'Zell problem say it "corrupts" all saves? Am I reading that right? Wondering if I unknowingly did this to my self and my saves? Oh well, this playthrough will be a bit different then, so there's that smile

I should also add that taking control of any of my followers and trying to make them talk to eachother does not seem to work either, they just want to talk to npc's. When I hower over my character while in control of one of my companions, the cursor just stays as the default glove. When I hover over the other companions, the talk bubble cursor appears, but when I click, it just changes the controls back to my character. The White frame goes from who ever I am in control of back to my character, so this surely must be a bug.

Last edited by n00sh; 18/10/20 10:16 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
I am very interested if people are getting this bug before the Celebration after saving Hazlin. After the celebration I was able to talk to Lae'Zel again. Interested to see if anyone else sees same experience.

O
stranger
stranger
O
I have the same issue. Swapped Lae'zel out right before the 'devil' vs paladins quest and ever since I haven't been able to talk to her in camp. I can target her with spells and attacks, but can't initiate dialogue (even when she has the yellow exclamation mark). Tried killing and res'ing her, but resurrection scrolls list her as "invalid target" (but "speak with dead" works) and if I go to the skeleton dude to revive her he doesn't even register that she's dead so I don't get the option.

I had been holding off on doing the Celebration until I explored more, but I'll try that next. Will report back if it fixes the bug.

O
stranger
stranger
O
update: just did the Celebration and can now talk to Lae'zel as normal!

R
Romanfiend
Unregistered
Romanfiend
Unregistered
R
Just kill and ress her and she will reset.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Romanfiend

That only works if she is in your party otherwise you can't rez her.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by digitalares
Originally Posted by Romanfiend

That only works if she is in your party otherwise you can't rez her.

Well, I kicked back with a beer and a podcast and played around with this glitch for about an hour before I finally hit on a combination that worked for me. For reference, purposes, I'm a good portion of the way through Act II, and Lae'zel was not in my party when I did this:

I went into camp for a long rest, but didn't rest yet. I downed Lae'zel, did a "shove" action to move her into another spot, finished her off, and then was able to successfully rez her with a revivify scroll. (If I try to do this without the "shove" action, it says she's blocked and won't let me revive her.) I have no idea how or why it works, but I've successfully done this twice. I should also note that whatever initially caused the glitch must still be in effect, because if I swap her in and out of my party again she goes right back to being glitched.

I hope this helps someone!

stranger
stranger
Hello,

I'm surprised I didn't notice this earlier; for me, escaping out of Bhaal's Temple in hopes of saving Lae'zel made her unable to talk to. If I'd gone back to the temple and defeated everyone that could fix it, I just reloaded and fought Orin again and this time defeated all hostiles around her. I hope this helps.

Link Copied to Clipboard