Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24
addict
addict
Originally Posted by blazerules
It has to be some sort of god.

Why? There are Clerics of the Absolute. You literally can't be a Cleric unless you well... follow a real god. Unless this has been changed somehow for BG3 specifically.

Perhaps Shar? I believe this goddess pretended to be someone else. There are other signs pointing to Shar as well.

In the Forgotten Realms, there has been a few cases of none-god being worshipped and their followers receiving spells because that person's godly patron was granting them. Those none-god would all qualify as Chosen. So the Absolute doesn't need to be a deity herself, but it does mean a god is involved at some levels.

I can't decide if Shar is in it or against it. She could have had followers corrupted by the Absolute too.

A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
The followers of the Absolute talk about it as the one true god, they most likely would try to win over followers of Shar. Something in this game reminds me of planescape and it's not just the Gith.

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
With the immergence of new gods, Ao tends to get involved. Can't become a new god with out Ao giving the Ok...oh...

So it trucks with the goblin priest saying they are not a real god. Of course, the dont stop people trying....

A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
Something new to add:

Minthara is an adept of house baenre from menzoberrazan.
The former strong connections of the house with Lolth suggest some Lolth involvement in what is going on. Or she was taken hostage and brainwashed by the absolute.

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ArmouredHedgehog
The followers of the Absolute talk about it as the one true god, they most likely would try to win over followers of Shar. Something in this game reminds me of planescape and it's not just the Gith.

the power of *belief*?

A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
Belief is far too strong a word, just a few parallels and things that expand beyond Faerun.
A few examples:

Gale hosting a piece of astral plane
The Mindflayers ability to construct new Nautiloids.
The very strange party composition reminiscent of the population of Sigil. The concentration of such strange characters in Faerun is far lower.

A few more notes:

The visions suggest that the tadpole is angry at the absolute for putting it in stasis and using it
Someone said that one of the visions glitched for him and he could see raphael. Unconfirmed
the game logo shows a mindflayer with horns. Could Raphael be in a contract with some mindflayers to build an army?

Last edited by ArmouredHedgehog; 16/10/20 07:43 PM.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Loulaum is both an Elder Brain and a Netherese mage, so there is enough overlap there to be able to consider him a possibility.

A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
That is a very useful addition. He would have a lot of knowledge about how to construct flying things as well.

He is located in the Northdark, which also makes sense
He could also solve Gales problem. This is a meta point and not an in-world explanation
But the absolute does not match him being lawful neutral, does it?

Last edited by ArmouredHedgehog; 16/10/20 08:13 PM.

The vivid dream creature is the absolute, that is how it is converting and talking to its followers and future decibels.

I would not be surprised if you meet it in the absolutes tower.

Belief is far too strong a word, just a few parallels and things that expand beyond Faerun.
A few examples:

The very strange party composition reminiscent of the population of Sigil. The concentration of such strange characters in Faerun is far lower.

A few more notes:

The visions suggest that the tadpole is angry at the absolute for putting it in stasis and using it
Someone said that one of the visions glitched for him and he could see raphael. Unconfirmed
the game logo shows a mindflayer with horns. Could Raphael be in a contract with some mindflayers to build an army?

why dose it have to be a new one? What if it was frozen/lost in time and just reemerged and was instantly attacket?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by xMardeRx
A few examples:

A few more notes:

why dose it have to be a new one? What if it was frozen/lost in time and just reemerged and was instantly attacket?

It really doesn't have to be a new one, but

the Githyanki were not after the ship. They were chasing after Shadowheart and the artifact in her inventory.

How she ended up on it is the real question. She got a magically warded pod, unlike the others on the ship. As if she was special cargo.

I just realized that nobody mention the Absolute's symbol is a bloody hand.
like a bloody version of Bane's black hand.

Originally Posted by azarhal
Originally Posted by xMardeRx
A few examples:

A few more notes:

It really doesn't have to be a new one, but

the Githyanki were not after the ship. They were chasing after Shadowheart and the artifact in her inventory.

How she ended up on it is the real question. She got a magically warded pod, unlike the others on the ship. As if she was special cargo.

I just realized that nobody mention the Absolute's symbol is a bloody hand.
like a bloody version of Bane's black hand.

also we dont know here she was pickt up. Avernus blood war? before that snacked up by a tentacle? shadow plane?!?

Last edited by xMardeRx; 16/10/20 09:09 PM.
A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
It seems likely that Shadowheart was

abducted after a sharran mission suceeded in capturing a mighty githyanki artefact. Obviously she could not return it to her masters yet. Strange: She does not seem to be in a hurry to deliver her cargo.
The mindflayers obviously knew that she has something special on her.

As for Bane, he already holds command over the goblins god Maglubiyet, so

the goblin priest in a cage calling the absolute a false god and praising Maglubiyet makes no sense
As loviatar is serving bane the presence of one of her priests points in the opposite direction, he should provide more information

Last edited by ArmouredHedgehog; 16/10/20 10:04 PM.

addict
addict
It seems likely that Shadowheart was

abducted after a sharran mission suceeded in capturing a mighty githyanki artefact. Obviously she could not return it to her masters yet. Strange: She does not seem to be in a hurry to deliver her cargo.
The mindflayers obviously knew that she has something special on her.

As for Bane, he already holds command over the goblins god Maglubiyet, so

the goblin priest in a cage calling the absolute a false god and praising Maglubiyet makes no sense
As loviatar is serving bane the presence of one of her priests points in the opposite direction, he should provide more information

Shadowheart wants to deal with the tadpole first, you can actually have a discussion with her plan after that is done if you want. She's going to Baldur's Gate has she has "people" there. It probably was her destination before getting snatched by the mindflayers.

They didn't kill the Maglubiyet priest, you think zealots of the "one true god Absolute" would have. He's also sure the Absolute isn't a true god, so he probably knows more about it. I think I'll kill him in another PT and see if he is more chatty dead.

A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
It could be that they intend to do some sort of ritual sacrifice involving the priest of their former god as main attraction.

addict
addict
Found something else, inside the Grove in the antechamber where Khaga and the black druid hangs out.

There are interactable plaques with writing around pillars that explain the painting on the walls showing how the Grove was created. One of the section of the room has collapsed pillars hiding the wall behind, but the plaque is still there. That one talks about the druids fighting Shar followers and the Moonrise tower. The narrator link the Moonrise to Selûne (no check required or anything).

So the Cult of the Absolute HQ is inside another Selûne related building.

A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
There is a mention that

some or all of the selune followers have been behaving strangely for a while. The druids fighting shar makes their tolerance towards Shadowheart even stranger. If they had bad history with Shar they should notice the Shar ornaments on Shadowhearts Armor.
It seems that the church of Selune was corrupted and abandoned its temples

addict
addict
There is a mention that

some or all of the selune followers have been behaving strangely for a while. The druids fighting shar makes their tolerance towards Shadowheart even stranger. If they had bad history with Shar they should notice the Shar ornaments on Shadowhearts Armor.
It seems that the church of Selune was corrupted and abandoned its temples

If you play a Cleric of Shar you don't identify Shadowheart's armor either. It's probably not supposed to scream Shar that much...beside, once I got to the grove she was decked in Githyanki's half-plate with a leather helm.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Educated guess, considering the previous games and that temple of Jergal, but I suspect a god(ess?) is trying to return. We know a god can be killed but actually dying is harder (it's canon Bhaal's plan worked, and Myrkul is back too, both killed) so I wonder if this is a shot at making (hive?) mind controlled followers to bring one back from the dead.

veteran
veteran
any known dead mind flyer gods?
and also, I was reading about the gith and I thought that perhaps it has something to do with the lich queen's aspirations of godhood?

Last edited by Abits; 17/10/20 11:26 PM.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard