Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 46 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 45 46
veteran
veteran
1) Each attack of Magic Missile seems to count as a separate hit when it comes to Death Saving throws. I presume Scorching Ray and other multi-hit spells do the same. I'm sure the obvious problem of one ranged attack causing three instant death saving throw failures is obvious.

2) If you ask High Priestess Gut for aid and follow her to her chambers, if your party is still with you when you agree to have her help you, you take a disapproval hit from your party, and Gut tells your party members to get out. After they do, you have to select the same option again, and you take the approval hit a second time. This is the same choice, I shouldn't take two hits from one choice.

apprentice
apprentice
If you remove the firewine barrels sneakily in the Zhentarim hideout entrance and spook the lookout with mage hand, you can go down easily. If you then speak with the lookout inside the hideout screen will go black and he will spout the dialogue as if you knew the password.

well
stranger
stranger
Novice Andrick died to the Owlbear but Brynna survived but wont talk to me after the battle. The screen just flickers black.

Last edited by Doggie; 16/10/20 06:37 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Druid Vault

Sorrow - There is inconsistency with the item and the text/voice acting. To my ears, the voice clearly says "dagger", but the text (and item) is a glaive.

Door to Nettie/main area - This normally 'unopenable' door shows as closed when coming back up the stairs from the vault, but it is possible to simply walk through. Additionally, the stone door between Nettie and the main area is closed. When clicking to open, my character walked through it to open from the other side. A bit awkward. smile

Zhent Hideout Items

1) The True and Impossible Adventures of Tenebruk Morrow, Vol. 4 - nothing is actually written in this book. It has a placeholder only (either a hyphen - or underscore _).

2) |Basic Drink| - It's literally a drink that has "[Basic Drink]" in the description.

Found both of these in the area behind the leader.

Other Items, statuses, etc.

Bloodstone doesn't have an image

Our Mind doesn't have an image

Ball doesn't have an image

Sitting doesn't have an image

Luring Song doesn't have an image. Additionally, characters are unable to act, despite making multiple saving throws.

Selune's Dream doesn't have an image. This is a cantrip on the Amulet of Selune's Chosen.

|Sacrifice to Loviatar| doesn't have an image or description - this is part of the Ritual Dagger obtained (*cough*stolen) from the sadistic zealot in the goblin castle and is indicated as being a bonus action.

Potion of Superior Healing - One of them has the same image as a normal Potion of Healing. Unfortunately, I am not sure where this was picked up, as my hubby didn't tell me and I'm just now going through his inventory.

Small Potion Bottle - There is one that has the same image as a regular healing potion. Again, not sure where it came from due to going through hubby's inventory.

Wyll
keeps approving or disapproving of things even after he is dead.

apprentice
apprentice
So I ran across a level 4 Spectator. CR3 Spectator is 39 hp, but this was 89hp. I mean we won with a party of 4 3rd level players, but such a fight CR3 is not supposed to cripple 3/4 of the party and drain all our spells in one fight.

Goblin camp fight: Way too many barrels to explode. I am finding these fights all winnable but barely. I end these fights with 3 characters at 1HP because they went down during the fight each time, and all my spells drained (Mostly heals to keep people alive) This triggers way too many long rests.

As a DM we are supposed to make it such that players need 2-3 short rests and 1 long rest at most each 4 hour adventure. I'm playing 1 short rest, 1 long rest after 1 hour.

Last edited by Kimo; 16/10/20 04:05 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
Owlbear's nest is bugged beyond any sense (version 4.1.84.2012 ) Although it was my first visit there (and already after killing goblin leaders), so it might be not new, but here it goes:
- (Astarion as a leading character, separated from the party) after looting the magical chest and climbing the wall leading to the owlbear (furthest from the entrance, that is) climbs into the air instead of ground, then falls and receives fall damage.
- Astarion as a led character does not follow the party across the stream towards the owlbear, but climbs the aforementioned wall, picks a fight with the owlbear (by himself, ruining all my plans), then falls, etc... see p.1
-After looting the chest (as Astarion, at least) and rejoining the party at the top (near the entrance), I've got a constant bug of "unable to save while in a cutscene" (or smth. to that effect), although I was most definitely not engaged in any dialogues and cutscenes. It also prevented autosaves from happening. And did not change after starting a fight with the owlbear, winning it, exiting the cave, speaking to all of the party members, returning to camp, having a cutscene there, sleeping, and returning back from camp. In short, I've lost an hour of an unsaved game and had to replay.

Not pertaining to the Owlbear's nest, general stuff:
-Is a "jump" action really supposed to be that useless or is it a bug? it only works in very few (selected?) places, everywhere is "too high" or "not enough space", even when it is inside the spell range and the whole circle fits there perfectly, I still get those.
-Wyll, after being cured of sleep effect, and not having any active status effects, is given his turns, but is unable to move or act in any way, despite having a full movement bar and free action and additional action. (All spells, actions, etc. are greyed out. The movement bar is full. But he is totally inoperable)

O
stranger
stranger
O
My saves from the previous build (v4.1.83.6620) seem to be completely unusable since the patch. The game crashes halfway through loading them. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game in the hopes that this would fix it, but no success. The problem seems to persist for a few others as well, so a Hotfix would be really appreciated!

stranger
stranger
combat bug
Enemies taking too long in battle "plotting next move" or "moving" and actually doing nothing and not ending their turn. This is dragging battles a lot, especially when there's tons of enemies. I suspect it might have to do with the AI?

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Omoimara
My saves from the previous build (v4.1.83.6620) seem to be completely unusable since the patch. The game crashes halfway through loading them. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game in the hopes that this would fix it, but no success. The problem seems to persist for a few others as well, so a Hotfix would be really appreciated!

I found my most recent quicksave was dead. All others worked fine. I dont think they found the full cause. Thankfully the time between my latest 2 quicksaves were close to each other

W
apprentice
apprentice
W
Originally Posted by Stabbey
1) Each attack of Magic Missile seems to count as a separate hit when it comes to Death Saving throws. I presume Scorching Ray and other multi-hit spells do the same. I'm sure the obvious problem of one ranged attack causing three instant death saving throw failures is obvious.

This is actually how it would work in D&D 5e. Each missile is a separate attack. Any range attack that hits you while you're down causes you to fail a death saving throw.

D
stranger
stranger
D
When I move to attack an enemy in melee range and am dealt an opportunity attack, it will often just take the action away from me as though I did the attack with no actual attack animation, hit or miss notification, or damage.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Clean kiwi
I've got a constant bug of "unable to save while in a cutscene" (or smth. to that effect), although I was most definitely not engaged in any dialogues and cutscenes. It also prevented autosaves from happening. And did not change after starting a fight with the owlbear, winning it, exiting the cave, speaking to all of the party members, returning to camp, having a cutscene there, sleeping, and returning back from camp. In short, I've lost an hour of an unsaved game and had to replay.

Oh! I got something like that, but after the fight with the goblins next to the windmill. I too had to restart game and replay what I lost. There I thought it was because I killed main goblin with fall damage and he still had his yellow marker "aggresive goblins" on the map (hope it is like that in english). So it might be something else.

Originally Posted by Kimo
So I ran across a level 4 Spectator. CR3 Spectator is 39 hp, but this was 89hp. I mean we won with a party of 4 3rd level players, but such a fight CR3 is not supposed to cripple 3/4 of the party and drain all our spells in one fight.

Goblin camp fight: Way too many barrels to explode. I am finding these fights all winnable but barely. I end these fights with 3 characters at 1HP because they went down during the fight each time, and all my spells drained (Mostly heals to keep people alive) This triggers way too many long rests.

As a DM we are supposed to make it such that players need 2-3 short rests and 1 long rest at most each 4 hour adventure. I'm playing 1 short rest, 1 long rest after 1 hour.

I have to strongly disagree. This game have tons of ways for players to be creative and deal with such problems. In goblin camp there are spiders to help your party if you can convince them. There is a way to sneak arround everywhere. There are enviromental hazards to create and use to your advantage. Throw objects, push enemies into dangerous places... Just waiting to be used. Plus for now there are no difficulty levels.

stranger
stranger
While viewing Journal and a quest selected (highlighted), when you click the "Show on map" nothing happens. At the time I was just starting the "expore ruins" area.

When in doubt, read the instructions.
H
stranger
stranger
H
I have massive stuttering afther the first patch and before that i was able to play on ultra with 30fps.Oh and it doesnt matter if i lower the settings,its the same

(edit)

Last edited by Helidan; 16/10/20 11:39 PM.
W
apprentice
apprentice
W
Bug when talking to Volo at goblin camp. It never allowed me to progress past the first dialogue options. I was able to select them each until my only option was to leave.

Black screen bug when changing characters while one of them is in dialogue.

journeyman
journeyman
Poor little Silfy the child guard for the huckster in the druid grove fell on hard times and had to sell his cloths. He is now cold and shivering in his underoos while at work.

After talking to Kharga I went to the cave to talk to Zevlor(?) the head Tiefling and all he says is "meet me in the caves..." I think Kharga just have memory wiped him or something.

Also saves with mage armor from mage spell as well as warlock invocations will glitch on reloading if they are active and you need to replace your clothing for it to show up, you are shown as walking around in your undies otherwise, very Conan like I suppose.

stranger
stranger
General
Tiefling Tails: my poor tail goes crazy much like the corpses do, with the fortunate exception that it remains attached to my body.
After Gale fessed up (the night after the night of the party), I can give him the staff of crones to 'consume' and he goes through all the theatrics, but the staff remains in my inventory.
The Blade of Frontier's Eye weighs one pound. Yikes. Also, shouldn't he treat it like Astarion treats the book you give him? Hold on to it and refuse to trade it to others? Its his own eye! Instead, if you remove him from the party magic pockets takes it from him and gives it to the PC.
Scrolls of Ray of Enfeeblement, Thunderwave, Blindness, Mirror Image all are treated as 'Misc' rather than 'Magic' and have very low values (1 to 2 gp).

Goblin camp
Volo: I can go through his conversations, and the goblin tries to lead him back to his cage. However, being the jerk that I am I killed all the goblins in a misguided attempt at saving Volo. This causes Volo to simply disappear sometime during the fight and
not show up in his cage later. He does end up at your camp for the party of course, can't miss the party.

Arcane Tower (Underdark)
There is a button near the pet bed / area. If you attempt to use it, your character will go down one level and use it there instead.
Talking with Bernard multiple times seems to guarantee a fight, as you can not repeat the correct pass phrases. Also, his lightning aura is an party kill waiting to happen. If caught unaware (ie the first time I fought him) it was a TPK, even attempting to quaff my limited supply of resistance potions.
Descending to the basement causes half the party to get stuck in the ground, quite regularly. Clever use of unchaining and going up and down can free them.
You can not use right click - equip on Mystra's boots. They can still be dragged to the appropriate slot to equip them however. They do provide feather fall as an ability, but the description they have makes no mention of that.
The potion of flight does not actually let you fly. This was anticlimactic to say the least. (I was trying to use it to get up the cliff with the illusionary mushroom shelves)

stranger
stranger
-In Waukeen Rest burning pub, the entrance to the building where Miri is looks open but cannot be crossed. Also inside seem to be some invisible walls.
-Attacks in Waukeen Rest burning pub (like shooting an arrow at the door) cause bane debuff. It looks like a bug to me.
-When I ask Benryn "That dowry? I found it in the chest", in the next dialog the line "That dowry. I'm keeping it" is twice in the options.
-I attacked goblins, all turned against me. I killed Spike among others, without having the chance to have any dialog with him. Probably as a result, Wyll in the camp complained I killed him without him. But he was in my party at that time.

Last edited by Yglika; 17/10/20 02:03 AM.

I don't possess a magical gift, I'm the magic itself.
V
stranger
stranger
V
--- Gith patrol ---
-Dragon rider talks to Lone Wolf as if you have a party with you, makes you justify the presence of non-Gith despite being alone.
-After a peaceful resolution, Lae'zel still wants to search corpses of people who walked away for clues to the creche.

--- Powerful Tomb ---
-Additional to the unnecessary quest marker over my head while holding it, there's always a random, moving, additional Powerful Tomb quest marker close to me on the map at all times.

--- Sneak / Witch Bolt ---
-Anders left the tollhouse through the main door to fight me, but his movement distance leaves him exactly on the edge of inside/outside the door. The door closed behind him for no reason, and from sneak I was able to lock him into a witch bolt until it ran out without Gale breaking cover. Was then able to finish with a fire cantrip, still without breaking cover.

--- Waukeens Rest ---
-Entering the house by jumping, going to the room with the man stuck under rubble. If you break the door in this room before lifting him out of the rubble, the door glitches back in and you are both stuck in the burning room.

--- Turn-based mode ---
When using turn-based mode for the Waukeens Rest rubble rescue, and the 'sit on the two chairs to open the wall under the tollhouse' bit, turn-based mode got very glitchy, and crashed when trying to return from turn-based to normal.

apprentice
apprentice

After finishing the delivery to the Zentharim hideout, the merchant dialogue still wont change, no new options will appear.

Freeing the painter at the Hideout, he just stays near the exit now doing nothing and without dialogue options.

While talking to the Ghitiyanki up north despite having a success in persuasion, the dialogue indicated it was a failure and combat ensued.

Nothing at the twisted tree (following Khaga's letter). More even, that battle is hell with mephits multiplying faster than you can kill.

During a camp rest Lae'zel wanted to talk but I couldn't click on her to begin dialogue, either getting a "cannot reach" or "use jump to reach". Could attack/push her fine, just not talk.

[Linked Image]

well
Page 16 of 46 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard