Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 41 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 40 41
journeyman
journeyman
Unit selection should work like it did in BG1 and BG2. The whole idea of chaining portraits is novel but in practice is just very inconvenient. Constantly people follow you into hazards, break stealth, etc. Simply add a speak button for talking to NPCs and let us click and click drag to select multiples.

addict
addict
To add to the empty containers, one of the things that is frustrating is that not only are they empty but they also have loot that has no purpose, like loads of plates and utensils. I feel like every time I open up a container to find those items I want to scream...LOL. I also want to add in regards to food, I feel like a lot of the food we get don't give us enough health back and it's limited to one action point. Especially if you are fighting really hard bad buys, having the food give you at least 25% of your health back would be helpful.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Luskenai
Suggestions for Quest Journal:
• It would be great to have a "hide Completed Quests" button for the Journal
• It would be great to be able use the scroll wheel on my mouse when hovering over the Quest list to see whether there are more at the bottom instead of having to push the down arrow on the quest panel.

fully agree...should be able to use mousewheel to scroll through questlog...and the arrows for moving up/down are really small

Originally Posted by Lady Avyna
To add to the empty containers, one of the things that is frustrating is that not only are they empty but they also have loot that has no purpose, like loads of plates and utensils. I feel like every time I open up a container to find those items I want to scream...LOL. I also want to add in regards to food, I feel like a lot of the food we get don't give us enough health back and it's limited to one action point. Especially if you are fighting really hard bad buys, having the food give you at least 25% of your health back would be helpful.

There should be some type of icon to indicate what is empty or not. The amount of useless junk is also quite annoying. Some of which could have cool functions like rope being used to rappel. As for food: I think it'd be better if food provided massive HP restoration like you mentioned (25-50%), but could only be used outside of combat since it makes no sense to stop and eat an apple in the midst of a fight, while a potion is easily chugged down for quick health in battle.

Edit to add separate complaint: Romance, friendship and relationships. My female companions seem to hate me and everything I do, while the males are all fine with everything (even Astarian despite occasional disapproval seems friendly). I'm unsure if Shadowheart is bugged or if it's just so poorly written, but my approval with her is maxed out, she seemed to dislike me up until her Shar marking at the shrine where she turns a corner and appears to like my PC, but despite this and approving of dialogue options she still makes the comment, "You're not the company I'd keep". Fast forward to the celebration and she's asking me to drink with her and spend the night, all of a sudden she likes my PC again and says something along the lines of "Why didn't you say so sooner" or something, kisses the PC and then the next day says "Uhh, don't remind me. A mistake I won't make again" despite nothing else being done and max approval.

I dunno if she's just that poorly written right now, or if it's completely bugged or something. I sincerely hope the final game doesn't have her being hot and cold to such inane degrees. Thus far male companions seem spot on for what they are, the females are just in a terrible spot and I'm not sure if it's intentional or if it's because it's in such a mix of development. I have a feeling that the reason we see such a big jump in relationship dialogue is because it's missing a lot of content and the middle of the relationship building. I'm assuming the first act is actually much bigger than we're seeing.

Last edited by Blade238; 17/10/20 02:47 AM.
addict
addict
Please add to list: Fix camera. I fight the camera more than mobs. O and home help. But we need to be able to look up easier to find places to misty step to as example.

addict
addict
Fix perception checks. I get “Something over there” a lot and have no clue what they saw. Sometimes I see something new or something highlighted, but most times I have no clue what it was.

addict
addict
The barter trade system will frustrate new people. I do not see the point of barter. It will also as default cause new players to give items for free since they don’t understand the way it works

addict
addict
Fix the AI in big battles. Needs to be optomized or something. I might as well tab out and watch youtube between turns.

addict
addict
I rolled a Cleric of Selune and it didnt seem to matter in any selune content or with a certain companion. It should.

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
RumRunner, you might wanna just compile a list and make it one post instead of just posting over and over again one after the other.

Last edited by Pupito; 17/10/20 05:16 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Two more, as one getting ready to go to bed:

- Marching Order: We should be able to set a marching order. As everyone knows, wizards and squishy characters in the back, barbarians/fighters/paladins at the front. As it is, anytime I click to move, Gale books it in front of everyone, and the group stops in a + no matter what.
- Tools: More tools/kits should be added (I know it’s early days). Characters without proficiency with those tools/kits shouldn’t be able to use them. Or, at the very least, give them disadvantage. Thieves’ tools have already been discussed, I believe.
- Trap Disarm Kit: This doesn’t appear to do anything. Right-clicking a discovered trap doesn’t give an option to disarm like doors with thieves’ tools. Additionally, rules as written, both lockpicking and trap disarming use thieves’ tools.
- Trap Disarming: Some (not all) traps should have the option to disarm in different ways. Strength, Intelligence, or Wisdom check.
- Traps: It’s been mentioned before, but pausing (going into turn-based mode) or stopping the party when a trap is discovered should be a default thing.

Edit: I have set up a separate post for discussion on these and other feedback/suggestions I have here.

Last edited by silentbrad; 18/10/20 09:28 PM. Reason: linked elsewhere
veteran
veteran
has the main list been updated?

N
old hand
old hand
N
Please add the request to have disengage taking a full action. It should really be considered in my opinion. You shouldn't be able to disengage and attack in the same turn.

vometia Offline OP
Duchess of Gorgombert
OP Offline
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
has the main list been updated?

It hasn't, and I fear the task is now slightly beyond me at 26 pages. :| But it is collecting a lot of stuff together in one place.

My current plan is that feedback will become more focussed into its own topics which can then be deposited here so they can be found easily. Though I admit a certain degree of "I hope this works!"

It's also important to bear in mind this is not Larian's only source of information and they are gathering feedback from multiple sources and using a proper bug-tracking system.

J'aime le fromage.
T
stranger
stranger
T
So I got through 17 pages of feedback post and just want to add my voice and "+1". I know a lot has been mentioned before, but I really want Larian to listen on some of these things, so one more voice here.

Overall: I love the game already. What I really like is that Larian have found a balance between exploration, storyline and combat. I love to explore and find mysterious items but also to beat some difficult adversary in combat or follow a non-linear storyline with multiple solutions. I was giddy when I found the entrance to the necromancer cellar, because that is exactly how such a game should be imo. It´s like the weird, long and quite difficult storyline with the Tanner and the human skin armour in BG 2. Not because the old way is always the best way, but a storied game like Baldurs Gate needs a lot of mysteries and hidden stuff!
Really beautiful graphics with plants that actually look like real plants – wow there are recognizable dandelions, lupins and aloe vera plants.

ESSENTIAL – Keep the mystery and odd story lines intact. I want to be able to discover crazy items and weird hidden rooms.
Movement, maps and gameplay

+ 1 Alt reveal button is broken as it is - have it reveal all the interactables BUT NOT the hidden ones that require perception checks. It´s too easy when Alt allows you to see all interactables like in Pillars, Pathfinder, BG 2 after patches. I love that some things need to be found.
+1 Party selection and non-combat movement is a bit broken. Get rid of that “chainging” – it makes for ridiculous amounts of unnecessary micro
+1 Jumping in non-combat situations – if lead character jumps, the rest of selected characters should jump as well automatically, not as added action to movement.
+1 Rework resting, resting in place seems way more natural even though lugging around 25 different swords and armour is not.
+1 Remove waypoints make fast travel a sign post option and skip time instead, those waypoint seem totally out of place
+1 Too big maps, make more maps, smaller portions, little like BG 1, but with no travelling time in between.

Combat

+1 Delay turn in combat
+1 Jump button should be different from disengage.

Camera

NEW Camera gets stuck when panning around tall trees, cliffs etc.
+1 Fix camera to allow looking up as a minimum.

Interface/hotbar/inventory

+1 Make it impossible to add useless clutter to hotbar
VERY IMPORTANT – +1 destroy used story items. (I just hated in BG, when I kept running around with demon heart thinking it could be used as an ingredient for a hidden quest).

Information and character sheets

+1 Learn spells from intelligence, not paying gold
+1Character sheets and effects – expand the sheet with more information, I want to be able to see what my characters suffers from not just as an icon on top of the character icon, but in my sheet during combat
+1 More tooltips
+1 More spell info in spell book and while learning spells – make like BG 1 and 2

Level up and experience

+1 Non combat XP
+1 No auto learn spells on level up

Graphics and music

NEW Botanics – please have some botanist help you with ecosystems and which plants live where. Dandelions don’t grow the same place as very dry subtropical aloe vera plants do.
NEW more iconic music. One of the best ways to create an atmosphere is distinct music. This is partly what made BG 1 and 2 so great. Just hearing the first note of the main menu music from BG can activate my entire nerdy being. Please recreate that feeling.
NEW Loading times – I have a an okay gaming PC (i5 8400, 16 Gb memory, Stix 2060 advanced) , but loading times are still waaay to long. Please improve.
+1 Items on characters – make items visible on characters in a realistic way, please put swords on sword belts.
+1 Faster rendering of surfaces. Can’t be right that my Stix RTX 2060 need to spend 30 sec rendering every time I load a game

Last edited by TheDweller; 17/10/20 10:22 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Would like to see the ability to scroll on the quest log (might be me, but currently unable to and have to use the side bar), as well as not see completed quests.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Did my first multiplayer game with a friend and we did run into some bugs with it like being unable to dismiss a party member or dialogs not starting up until the other person ends a dialog they're in.

I do have some suggestions, it's something that I think would work great in this game considering we have the dice roll mechanic. What I struggle with in co-op is that you easily miss out on important information if you don't stay glued to the other player (my friend has a habit of running off sometimes).

I would love it if the game would trigger a request to listen to the dialogs my friends are starting so I don't have to realise they're in a convo or whatever and click on it manually, only getting the info too late. Give me a prompt so I can join and not miss out on dialog.

Secondly, I wish you weren't a passive part of the conversation. I love how they handled dialog in SWTOR and think it would fit really well into this game: allow all party members to respond and then have the dice roll (not necessarily one you see) decide whose answer gets picked. It would make it feel like we really are in a party together and it's not just one player deciding and the other listening in.

N
stranger
stranger
N
I didn't really seen any normal armor in game.
In 5e STR fighter have Basic Chargen Option to take chainmail - which is only avable in lategame close to very end EA. That's just frustrating.
Ringmail - nice i never seen any single on board player who wearing this crap. Chainmain itself worth 75 gp. base cost only.
Breastplate(literally best option for rangers) - never seen one.
First studded leather avable when you find dead drow near bruning building. Same nearly end option.
Splint - never was noticed by anyone.
Plate - not really point of arguing but still.

Loot system and starting gear need to be tweaked.

Many character builds just made for making players suffer?

Pain only be passing, you should survive the process.
A
stranger
stranger
A
I love how combat work, so I won't have anything to say here. Turn based, tactics fights are my way to go.

What I would like to see is more makers on the map, not just area and quest, but locations and specific buildings, exits from areas aaand maby more important npcs? I totally mossed Wyll on my playthrough same with Zorrou. I don't know how, but still. Also It would be nice for journal option "show on map" to work, because it doesn't work for me now.

From other things - of course fix that wizard can learn all spells and add more of theeem laugh

I too felt like for some companions they where to quick to jump with my character into same bed. For Astarion it kinda work, same with Shadowheart... but Lae'Zel? Och boy she also was so angry with me (as I didn't took her with me too often) and made me angry rant how I will not know how she feels... That was cringe and hilarious at the same time. Maybe it was supposed to be XD
But I think it is unfair to get more character growth in just few levels and one main area. As I see it other games there are areas, many, many areas. They give feel thay you were in different places done many things and have many plot hooks for you and other characters. For now we only had two big areas and one plot hook for every character plus main plot for whole team. I think we should wait for more story to be able to judge it properly.

What I would like to see is a bit more verbal reactions from our companions like with Loviathar priest scene. Simply to give a little bit more feel into dialogs.

Last - tiny thing, but important - icon for passive rolls should not be always an eye as we have several different rols. For instance: sleigh of hand, arcana, nature, histoy, stelth... and so on.
Pch and I almost forgoth - it would be better is opening locks to have dice rolled like with disarming traps not just progres bar.

I would like to see a better smart evil path. The path in EA is a bit of a mess. Also, playing murder hobo isn't smart evil just fyi.

Smart evil needs motivation to go help the goblins or the thieflings, right now I have to suspend my disbelief all the way to the planet Jupiter.

Last edited by Moirnelithe; 17/10/20 02:49 PM.
Page 26 of 41 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 40 41

Link Copied to Clipboard