U
stranger
stranger
U
someone made a mod to change tieflings hair

wpmaura #699490 15/10/20 02:26 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Yes. A small amount of modding is possible at this stage but it is not officially supported and may eat your saves and give your GPU leprosy. I have asked to open the modding forums but given the early stage of early access I suspect that will need to wait a while longer.

J'aime le fromage.
vometia #699501 15/10/20 02:33 PM
apprentice
apprentice
to elaborate more the hair mod i released is just a cosmetic one which adds their own hair values selectable for a different race. which i think personally is harmless however you can for example unlock the origin characters to be playable from the character creation screen, which has been disabled on purpose by the devs so me not releasing that mod is more out of respect than anything else this goes for other things in the files which i assume are work in progress and unfinished.

but like what has been said modding isnt officially supported so its upto the user but ultimately if the mod breaks something as well then filling a report is basically null and void really due to the fact its not the base game untouched and would potentially require more work for the devs which is also something else to consider.

Last edited by AlanaSP; 15/10/20 02:38 PM.
wpmaura #700297 15/10/20 07:51 PM
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I know nude mods will be one of the first ones to be made, there's always someone out there that will make one, Rule 34 exists for a reason.

Last edited by Sai the Elf; 15/10/20 07:52 PM.
wpmaura #700329 15/10/20 08:07 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Well, fortunatelyLarian already did most of the work for the sex modders laugh

Sai the Elf #700515 15/10/20 09:31 PM
mfr Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Sai the Elf
I know nude mods will be one of the first ones to be made, there's always someone out there that will make one, Rule 34 exists for a reason.

AlanaSP got in first, though I have seen a screen save showing a PC wearing only a posing pouch! The poster was querying why the character's face was not the same as his body colour. Well, I got a laugh out of it.

Someone must have spiked her senna pod drink!
wpmaura #701123 16/10/20 03:05 AM
old hand
old hand
I haven't picked up BG3 yet, DOS2 tools were better, but in DOS1 we could unpack say the numbers, change them and repack and overwrite. I bet there is a good chance that still works today and with that someone could probably do a lot of 5e tweaks that are being discussed. Larian probably rather us not do that right now, but I'd bet donuts to dollars it's there to be had as it sits now. Hmm... might have to look around see what some are up to.

Last edited by Horrorscope; 16/10/20 03:06 AM.
mfr #701158 16/10/20 03:28 AM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by mfr
Originally Posted by Sai the Elf

AlanaSP got in first, though I have seen a screen save showing a PC wearing only a posing pouch! The poster was querying why the character's face was not the same as his body colour. Well, I got a laugh out of it.

I just managed to unintentionally do the same thing by trashing one of the lsf files; seems the conversion process isn't quite there yet, though I can't reasonably complain as it's very early days!

Originally Posted by Horrorscope
I haven't picked up BG3 yet, DOS2 tools were better, but in DOS1 we could unpack say the numbers, change them and repack and overwrite. I bet there is a good chance that still works today and with that someone could probably do a lot of 5e tweaks that are being discussed. Larian probably rather us not do that right now, but I'd bet donuts to dollars it's there to be had as it sits now. Hmm... might have to look around see what some are up to.

It still works, though I probably shouldn't be encouraging anyone either...

J'aime le fromage.
wpmaura #702271 17/10/20 01:18 AM
veteran
veteran
well there is a Nexus site for BG3 mods already. two mods there. one particularly interesting one allows you to play origin characters as main. I did the ship as Astarion and it seems to work. The only strange thing is that right now you can change their class and stats but It seems like it's not intentional on Larian's part

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
#702552 17/10/20 08:22 AM
addict
addict
For you modders out there, what are your impressions on the possibilities modding the game?

Adding playable NPCs for example, a stable of all BG games, seems a bit underwhelming since all conversations are now of the cinematic type...smaller party size, so maybe this is a bit hard to tie in with the story.
BG2 had such great variety in modded NPCs, with banters, quests, romances, active role in the storyline.....even had crossmod banters/interactions. Adrian, Kelsey, Fade, Angelo, Gavin, Arath, Darian, Solaufein, Valen, Xulaye, Varshoon, Yvette......

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 17/10/20 08:23 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
For you modders out there, what are your impressions on the possibilities modding the game?

Adding playable NPCs for example, a stable of all BG games, seems a bit underwhelming since all conversations are now of the cinematic type...smaller party size, so maybe this is a bit hard to tie in with the story.
BG2 had such great variety in modded NPCs, with banters, quests, romances, active role in the storyline.....even had crossmod banters/interactions. Adrian, Kelsey, Fade, Angelo, Gavin, Arath, Darian, Solaufein, Valen, Xulaye, Varshoon, Yvette......

That might be diffcault but I did saw a six party members mod where you can take everyone with you on reddit. haven't tested it myself yet

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
wpmaura #702625 17/10/20 09:27 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Can people who are saying there are mods out there(and describe them) please link us to them in their comments?

That would be most helpful smile

Love and sausages xx
0Muttley0 #702690 17/10/20 10:21 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by 0Muttley0
Can people who are saying there are mods out there(and describe them) please link us to them in their comments?

first of all there is the Nexus mod site: https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3
has mods for almost every pc game so if you like mods you should definantly give it a shot.
there is the awesome hair mod in this forum which gives you some new hair face and horns for some of the races in character creation.
other than that there are some mods in reddit, do a search there. specifically follow this guy: https://www.reddit.com/user/Synyster328/

Last edited by Abits; 17/10/20 10:32 AM.

wpmaura #703089 17/10/20 03:01 PM
veteran
veteran
I'm still confused by how icons work, has anyone datamined?

Abits #703131 17/10/20 03:18 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Abits
Originally Posted by 0Muttley0

first of all there is the Nexus mod site: https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3
has mods for almost every pc game so if you like mods you should definantly give it a shot.
there is the awesome hair mod in this forum which gives you some new hair face and horns for some of the races in character creation.
other than that there are some mods in reddit, do a search there. specifically follow this guy: https://www.reddit.com/user/Synyster328/

Thanks. Ive played a bit with different origin characters and I wont post any spoilers but some of the differences when playing with an origin character are AWESOME!

Also: Has anyone managed to unlock some of the extra classes yet?

[edit] Also has anyone managed to unlock 6 players/characters?

Last edited by 0Muttley0; 17/10/20 03:37 PM.

Love and sausages xx
Dark_Ansem #703161 17/10/20 03:43 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
I'm still confused by how icons work, has anyone datamined?

I'll hazard a guess that they're all squished up into a single png as with DOS/DOS2, though I never did bother to figure out how it figures out which bit to use.

J'aime le fromage.
wpmaura #703164 17/10/20 03:46 PM
N
stranger
stranger
N
I made a basic one that unlocks all origins, sadly you will need to replace a 2 GB file for it.

nemvar #703175 17/10/20 03:50 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by nemvar
I made a basic one that unlocks all origins, sadly you will need to replace a 2 GB file for it.

Actually you don't: as long as you give it the same path name under <install-directory>/data, it'll prioritise new files over what it finds in the PAKs. At least IME, anyway.

J'aime le fromage.
nemvar #703267 17/10/20 04:42 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by nemvar

There is already an Origin unlocker and its a tiny 2kb pak file that goes in data dir

Love and sausages xx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard