Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Slit518 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Out of the 6 classes that haven't been added yet, which one are you looking forward the most?
  • Barbarian
  • Bard
  • Druid
  • Monk
  • Paladin
  • Sorcerer

Now, I am pretty pumped for any of these classes to be added, however, I most want to try the Bard.
The ability to have access to all skills at character creation and being able to choose 3 of them?
Then if they add it in, Jack of All Trades at level 2?
Then I could get more skills as a Lore Bard or become a pseudo combat junky as a Valor Bard. So pumped!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Sorcerer for me. Metamagic sounds like a load of fun. Wild magic will be crazy and random if implemented correctly.

Evil always finds a way.
W
veteran
veteran
W
I love monk and sorcerer. As a single class I am more interested in playing sorcerer, but between the two I would rather play a multi-class monk. Assuming that the level cap is 12, a 8 shadow monk / 4 arcane trickster with the warlock magic initiate feat for hex will be my jam. 20 dex with 4 hits + sneak attack on a hexed target gives a potential 10d6 + 20 damage. Not nearly as powerful as some power gaming classes, but it is serviceable and very thematic as an anime ninja.

Last edited by Warlocke; 17/10/20 09:25 AM.
stranger
stranger
Most looking forward to Barbarian and Druid for me. I think Barbarian mechanics will fit almost perfectly with the game version of 5e rules, and be really fun and intuitive (and probably a really strong melee class, comparatively, as the fighter and ranger don't feel like super reliable DPS yet). As for the Druid, I think if they introduce at least two subclasses that are quite different--say, the Circle of the Moon as your typical Wildshape-based Druid, and then something weirder like Circle of Dreams or Wildfire--you could have a really interesting spellcaster option that feels totally different from Wizard or Sorcerer (if or when they add sorcerer).

journeyman
journeyman
Bard, paladin, and druid in that order. I love soloing these types of games and each of those should make pretty good candidates

addict
addict
Barbarian, Paladin & Druid, those are classes I'm most likely to play.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Oath of Conquest Paladin for sure wink

S
S
For pure awesome destruction? Barbarian for sure. That's going to be a great playthrough.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by Copy_Th0t

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Conquest paladins come from Xanathars Guide to everything, and are unlikely to be added at or before launch.
They are one of my fav subclass too, along with hex blade warlocks and necromancer wizards.

Its why I am so on the fence about the games content choice at the moment. A lot of the more popular subclasses people play on table top (especially true for bards and rogues) are in Xanathars.

Anyway, the class I am really looking forward to Paladins in general, as well as Necromancy for wizards.

Last edited by Dinvan; 17/10/20 10:32 AM.
Originally Posted by macadami
Bard, paladin, and druid in that order. I love soloing these types of games and each of those should make pretty good candidates

Same lineup for me but in the order of druid, bard, and paladin. These + ranger/rogue tend to me my favorite classes in any game.

old hand
old hand
Monk for sure!

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Dinvan

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Conquest paladins come from Xanathars Guide to everything, and are unlikely to be added at or before launch.
They are one of my fav subclass too, along with hex blade warlocks and necromancer wizards.

Its why I am so on the fence about the games content choice at the moment. A lot of the more popular subclasses people play on table top (especially true for bards and rogues) are in Xanathars.

Anyway, the class I am really looking forward to Paladins in general, as well as Necromancy for wizards.

Completely forgot about that detail, oh well, paladins in general are awesome.

veteran
veteran
I wish the town drunk was a class, seems like a cool roleplaying opportunity.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by Abits
I wish the town drunk was a class, seems like a cool roleplaying opportunity.

I do that IRL, no game needed lmao

journeyman
journeyman
Definitely interested in all of them. I have no doubt I will be playing through the game with all of them.

Eh, just one. Well if it has to be just one - BARBARIAN! If I'm being honest though Paladin, Barbarian, Monk, and Sorcerer are all tied for what I want to play. Always loved the classes and rarely got to play them at the gaming table. I hope to at least see Barbarian, Paladin, and Sorcerer soon. I have a feeling though, druids are next up. I don't mind druids, but eh, barbarians are cooler with anger issues. wink

enthusiast
enthusiast
Druid smile

Necromancy is just recycling...
Paladin
Champion Paladin

stranger
stranger
Druid, Bard & Paladin, in that order.

O
stranger
stranger
O
Originally Posted by Dinvan

Isn't Lore still the most popular Bard subclass? It's definitely one of the best.

I'm eagerly awaiting the monk class ^^

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard