Next Thread
Print Thread
M
mesthop Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Don't you think that the level cap set at level 4 is too low even for early access? It results in you not getting any XP in about half of the already released chapter 1, beacuse you reach level 4 quite soon. It is quite frustrating to be unable to develop anymore from that point, and not gain anything from the fights. Can something be done about it soon? I don't know about the others, but for me a level cap is always frustrating in any game, and if it is really necessary to have it, it should be nearly impossible to reach before the end of the game, even while doing all the side quests and grinding. After all, RPGs are all about character development, and having a level cap too low spoils this fun.

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
New levels add further content like spells or abilities. As far as I remember level 5 will make access to level 3 spells possible for full caster classes. I guess Larian simply hasn't implemented enough higher level content yet to make for an experience they would call satisfying. When they have more content they will surely increase the level cap.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
This has come up a few times and I think its more to do with them not having all the class abilities and spells ready to implement. They haven't even released all the classes.

There seems to be enough XP to get to level 6, but we stop quite early at 4.

I think the first content update could raise the cap to level 5/6 but I am doubtful. We might have to wait til all the classes are released before we see a level cap increase.

stranger
stranger
The Problem is that Level 5 is probably the biggest Power Increase from One Level to another in the entire Progress Systhem. Even Level 20 Capstones wont match the Power Surge all classes get at Level 5.

1) All Martial Classes get Multiattack.This allows you to deal Double Damage. Thats alone already really strong because what was previously a Tough Fight now can be turned into Cake Walk.

For some Spells its even more extreme.

Imagine a Horde of 30 Zombies against your 4 Men Party. No matter what Gear you have at Level 4 you will get swarmed and die.
At Level 5 every Cleric, or Spellcaster with Fireball can SOLO this encounter. Going from: OMG, we all gonna die, to alright gimme 2 Turns to blast them is a very, very big difference.

Also some "Mechanics" are not applied to the Group anymore. For Example the Hag Boss Fight. Its all about her Creating Dublicates and turning Invisible and running away.
At Level 5 your gain "Counterspell" This completly Stops the Fight, since the Hag cant do anything laugh

Its also the Point where some "Early Campaigns" end. (Lost Mines of Phandelver, Dragons of Icespire Peak)

So jeah i am pretty sure we wont see a Level increase for at least a couple Months.
Its already hard enough to plan for this as a DM, but for Balancing in a Game, where some People hit Level 5 at Different Spots? Oh boy.

M
stranger
stranger
M
All of you, I'm not sure, if you already played EA. Cause this experience level cup has nothing to do with leveling from 4 to 5 level. You stop to gain experience 1500 exp BEFORE levele 5 is reached.

M
mesthop Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
That's what I meant by level cap. You can't reach level 5. And it indeed was an unpleasant surprise, since I was still gaining XP after I reached lvl 4, and then I suddenly realised I don't anymore.

Link Copied to Clipboard