Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
There are only 2 9th level spells I can see being difficult to implement, astral projection and wish. That is it. Even them two could be done with limited functionality.
The rest either deal damage, turn you into something else (like true polymorph and mass polymorph) heal you(mass heal) or give an effect like invulnerability(literally called invulnerability) for 10 mins, give you advantage on every roll while giving your enemies disadvantage(foresight) ect

Some of these spells have already been implemented in previous D&D franchises and pathfinder (which is D&D 3.5 basically). They worked fine there, I dont see why Larian cant do the same.

But by all means, please do list the spells you feel would be hard to implement? I am very curious.

Originally Posted by Dinvan
There are only 2 9th level spells I can see being difficult to implement, astral projection and wish. That is it. Even them two could be done with limited functionality.
The rest either deal damage, turn you into something else (like true polymorph and mass polymorph) heal you(mass heal) or give an effect like invulnerability(literally called invulnerability) for 10 mins, give you advantage on every roll while giving your enemies disadvantage(foresight) ect

Some of these spells have already been implemented in previous D&D franchises and pathfinder (which is D&D 3.5 basically). They worked fine there, I dont see why Larian cant do the same.

But by all means, please do list the spells you feel would be hard to implement? I am very curious.

True Resurrection (how would you make it worth casting over regular Resurrection); But honestly, most of the harder spells to implement I think are actually level 6-8 (not level 9).

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Vekkares
I think they said its going to be 11 now, which is a Tier 3 character. That is a perfect place to end until DLC or expansion. 3 hit dice for each cantrip, 3 attacks for fighters. Level 6 spells for most spell casters.

This "tiers" of characters in 5e is nonsensical. I mean, a lv 17 guy in the city of liches on one of the deepest layer of the abyss can be the weakest non slave caster of the entire city, not even an "local hero", but 5e cosnider him a "hero of the world". An Lich can't be a trouble to a simple village. He needs to put the entire world at peril. That is far more limiting than helping DM's to prepare adventures.

Originally Posted by vageta31
BG1/2, why in god's name would we start at anything but level 1?

Cuz lv 1 is too boring. NWN1 and 2 had you starting on 3 after the tutorial...

There are only 2 9th level spells I can see being difficult to implement, astral projection and wish.

BG2 did a wish list.

Last edited by SorcererVictor; 17/10/20 01:10 AM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
I recently ran through the game finishing every encounter I could find, and I had no idea there was a level cap, so it felt like it was just taking a really long time to get to 5...

Anyway you can hit 3 within a few hours, walking into the grove gate. It's a bit stingy to only give us a level 4 cap considering how much content there is to chew through after this part. My main concern is that at level 4, nothing thereafter is particularly challenging... Quite a few reloads might be required with the Spectator, a few reloads with other encounters, but nothing where you bang your head against the wall.

If these encounters were buffed, you'd expect higher exp rewards and faster leveling, but it already feels like my characters ought to have hit 5 or 6... I think a cap of 10 would be hit too quickly, with acts 2 and 3.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by AnonySimon

True Resurrection (how would you make it worth casting over regular Resurrection); But honestly, most of the harder spells to implement I think are actually level 6-8 (not level 9).

But... you can find a scroll of true ressurction, already in the game...
It brings a companion back to life at full hp while revivfy brings them with 1 hp.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D

True resurrection can bring you back from deaths revivify cant. Like having your head chopped off. All you need is a tiny piece of some one with true res. OR like it already does, it just gives you full HP on casting.

Again, there are about 50+ spells and I see only about 4? maybe 5? That would be difficult to implement, and as some one already pointed out, there are option like with wish.
I am sorry, and I truly mean no offence by this, but you dont seem to have knowledge of what you are talking about.

They have successfully implemented spells in other games, Icewind Dale series, NWN series, BG series ect ect and I STILL can not see ANY reason they can not do it here.

veteran
veteran
I mean, wish was actually implemented in BG2...

True resurrection can bring you back from deaths revivify cant. Like having your head chopped off. All you need is a tiny piece of some one with true res. OR like it already does, it just gives you full HP on casting.

Again, there are about 50+ spells and I see only about 4? maybe 5? That would be difficult to implement, and as some one already pointed out, there are option like with wish.
I am sorry, and I truly mean no offence by this, but you dont seem to have knowledge of what you are talking about.

They have successfully implemented spells in other games, Icewind Dale series, NWN series, BG series ect ect and I STILL can not see ANY reason they can not do it here.

So in 5e, there are a number of spells that can bring the dead back to life, they are:

Raise Dead (5th level spell) - Returns creature dead for no more than 10 days back to life with 1 hp.
Reincarnate (5th level spell) - Returns creature dead for no more than 10 days back to life, but as a different race.
Revivify (3rd level spell) - Returns creature dead for no more than 1 minute back to life with 1 hp.
Resurrection (7th level spell) - Returns creature dead for no more than 100 years back to life with full hit points (requires a dead body to touch).
True Resurrection (9th level spell) - Returns creature dead for no more than 200 years back to life with full hit points (no dead body required).

My point is, that making the Resurrection spell distinct from the True Resurrection spell could be difficult, because in-game they would effectively be the same.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Difficult is not the same as impossible, as has been pointed out with wish.
My point being, they really dont need to implement all of them. Again I point to previous D&D games for examples.

The different res spells can be used for for different deaths. Disintegrate(level 7 spell) for example would needed wish/true res(level 9 spell).

I am sorry if I sound combative, it is not my intention. As you can tell I feel quite passionate about the level cap being higher lol.

Edit note. Some spells specifically say you need X type of resurrection to be brought back also.

Last edited by Dinvan; 17/10/20 11:18 AM.
old hand
old hand
I hope it's at least 12. I can understand why they wouldn't want to do 13, they'd have to add a bunch of 7th level spells to the game. But 12 wouldn't require adding much, and would let everyone get one last feat or ability score improvement.

stranger
stranger
I just hope for Level Cap Remover to be as an option, I tend to allow myself being overpowered as long as I have earned it by gaining the experience point in normal manner, it's good to be boss myself since I have worked on getting to this point, you know?

In my playthrough we have already capped max level and there is still quite a bunch of content to be experienced.

stranger
stranger
Okay so it's going to be 11 or 12. I honestly will be happy with any of those.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard