Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Originally Posted by JDCrenton
Originally Posted by Pupito
Here's an even better idea...stop buying your kids M rated games. They are rated M (meaning Mature) for a reason, and it even lists what's in them on the rating. See something you don't like, don't let the kiddos play it plain and simple. The devs of a game should not be responsible for making sure little Timmy doesn't see boobs or blood in an M rated game, they told you the game would contain these things and you decided to buy it anyway, simple as that.

Oh you're no fun. It's funny when people are this dense about a game that clearly has an M rating. He should try playing M.K. with his kids. Always reminds me that this is 2020.

Are you telling me that Sub Zero ripping a dudes spine out of their body isn't child friendly? If only they had a toggle to censor the spine ripping! The horror, think of the children!

CTR #702914 17/10/20 01:05 PM
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Keeping the game M-rated will do more to attract children/teenagers to play it than making it a PG.

Not sure if that's the best way to attract new RPG players, but it is certainly one way.

CTR #702918 17/10/20 01:08 PM
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Oh, as for 'children setting'.

My oven instructions tell me 25 minutes per pound at 175 degree C (350 degrees F), gas mark 4.

What?

Last edited by Sadurian; 17/10/20 01:09 PM.
CTR #702921 17/10/20 01:13 PM
How about a option to remove the demons and devils for the religious folk?

CTR #702928 17/10/20 01:19 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Threads like this and some of the comments in here is why we can't have nice things. This is why majority of games get censored so wannabe parents can be happy.

I hope Larian doesn't change anything. Your kids shouldn't be playing this game to begin with. A game which literally starts with a brain infested worm that slowly makes you lose your whole body and mind. And the guy that is a "husband" and his gf walks in on an oral scene. Really dude? Really?

This thread makes me lose hope in gaming communities very fast.

Instead, how about you all don't buy a game which you can't phantom to play around your siblings or relatives? How about that? Or maybe, just maybe, be a little bit more open minded irl.

Last edited by Deventh; 17/10/20 01:24 PM.
Originally Posted by Deventh
Threads like this and some of the comments in here is why we can't have nice things. This is why majority of games get censored so wannabe parents can be happy.

I hope Larian doesn't change anything. Your kids shouldn't be playing this game to begin with. A game which literally starts with a brain infested worm that slowly makes you lose your whole body and mind. And the guy that is a "husband" and his gf walks in on an oral scene. Really dude? Really?

Instead, how about you all don't buy a game which you can't phantom to play around your siblings or relatives? How about that? Or maybe, just maybe, be a little bit more open minded irl.

A open mind a day keeps the tadpole away.
But open minds are what brought us in to this missery in the first place.

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Originally Posted by xMardeRx

Surely an open mind would actually make it easier for tadpoles to slip in, no?

Pupito #702970 17/10/20 01:45 PM

Surely an open mind would actually make it easier for tadpoles to slip in, no?

No he devouert your eye and how he actually made it in to your brain I dont know, not mention from the cinematic entry and the description's given it makes no sense how the tadpole is moving around your brain.

CTR #703007 17/10/20 02:05 PM
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
I thought that 'Us' came from an open mind.

CTR #703028 17/10/20 02:16 PM
C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
Play Zelda on the Switch with your children. This is NOT a game for children and not just because of thee gore and nudity, but because of themes.

CTR #703061 17/10/20 02:43 PM
apprentice
apprentice
The demons and such are a part of the setting. Remove those and it's a different game. You can choose something that is more to your comfort if your religious beliefs mean you can't play a fictitious game.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
How about a option to remove the demons and devils for the religious folk?

Someone on youtube already proclaimed that this game was a satanic scheme to corrupt the youth. Let x be something and y be the number of people offended by x. For any x y>=1

Last edited by ArmouredHedgehog; 17/10/20 04:20 PM.

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
CTR #703247 17/10/20 04:31 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
It is rated Mature for a reason...

old hand
old hand

Im guessing english isn't your first language? As the "husband" guy, yes I was tongue-in-cheek making a quip. That means it was a "joke" - something you sometimes say like you are being serious but you arent being serious. So, don't try to use me as leverage on whatever weird little point you just tried to make.

As a developer, I can tell you that animations and cutscenes are guess what...scripted. Whenever they need to bring up a certain thing they call the function and grab the one they want out of the library. If parent-mode is what would happen if you just hit spacebar 3 times for questionable cinematics - done. Super easy. Takes such an incredibly low effort it is kind of funny hearing people who don't know anything about technology talk about it like they need to be a crusader for the product when ignorance is driving the defense - if they develop that, they wont develop my stuff! and they probably will make my stuff lamer if they want THEIR business too!

What if I told you they already had parent-mode developed, it just isn't visible on the menu right now because theyre M-testing. You'd sound pretty dumb, and the developers of this game would be ashamed of you. I'd stay in your lane as far as trying to dictate what Larian or WotC are trying to do with their customer base and what their needs are. EA is to hear feedback - right now youre trying to silence it. You are actively spiking the wheel of those companies in direct opposition to what they are requesting from their loyal fans. Id think about that before you decide youre the perfect archetype of their customer base and begin judging people on their standard deviation units away from your perfection.

Its a reasonable request, its not a hard request, other amazing games have done it, its feasible, it doesnt change anything, it doesnt alter future content, it doesnt cost more money.it doesn't delay the game....just stunning that you cant separate a game function from some kind if bizarre bias you are showing on what you think healthy human relationships are.

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
Gaidax #703260 17/10/20 04:39 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Gaidax
It is rated Mature for a reason...

Ah, so you too have heard of the U.S. Legal System where, unless youre Disney and things like G ratings are part of brand equity, you use the most protective possible shield you can when releasing content to the public to avoid lawsuits? Good, that makes this a much easier conversation.

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
Pupito #703261 17/10/20 04:39 PM
S
apprentice
apprentice
S

Is a DM mode confirmed? I was hoping it would haver something like that since they already made the foray into it with the DOS2 GM mode, but hadn't heard of any confirmation about it.

I've seen an interview with Seen and he said that after release they plan to add tools for mods first and then DM mod. Probably will take some time but they are planning on it.

CTR #703269 17/10/20 04:42 PM
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
As for the OP suggestion - well hiding gore and nudity will do nothing for you, really. This game has a lot of profanity, conversations about sex, gore in cutscenes. To remove all of this would take a lot of time and change the game completely. There are so many kids friendly games already that you can play and mature games are pretty rare these days so leave them alone.

Orbax #703279 17/10/20 04:48 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Orbax
Im guessing english isn't your first language? ...

Originally Posted by Orbax
Ah, so you too have heard of the U.S. Legal System ...

"Not all the world is the US", etc, including Larian. Please bear that in mind when replying.

J'aime le fromage.
CTR #703280 17/10/20 04:49 PM
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
It is highly specific to a culture. In some cultures it is completely normal for people to walk around naked most of the time. By the age of 10 many children on this little globe of ours already have practical experience in skinning animals.
I guess there is no universal truth defining what is and what is not suitable for children.

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
Saryle #703282 17/10/20 04:50 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Saryle
As for the OP suggestion - well hiding gore and nudity will do nothing for you, really. This game has a lot of profanity, conversations about sex, gore in cutscenes. To remove all of this would take a lot of time and change the game completely. There are so many kids friendly games already that you can play and mature games are pretty rare these days so leave them alone.

To be clear your argument is:

- You like this game and would like to play it
- You would like to be able to play this game with your kids
- You would like the option to disable gore and nudity to play the game with your kids
- [assumed] - I have no idea how old your kids are
- They will be able to understand everything else going on like the convoluted dialog and arcane texts
- They will be able to rationalize and understand the conversations to the same extent that they understand breasts and blood
- There are other games without gore
- Therefore you shouldn't play this game?

Im just trying to make sure I have your logic broken down correctly

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard