Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
So I was playing as a warlock and trying to be neutral good for my solo play though. In the Edowin encounter, I tried to not killed everyone remembering that that was an option with the mind flayer and the thralled peasants. I was sad when nothing happened but then I was happy that I was able to finish the encounter without killing what seemed like innocent people. I think tried to free Sazza a few hours later after exploring the map and followed that questline for a while.

I followed Sazza and went to the goblin camp and got invited inside. Then to my surprise without any conversation, the entire camp aggroed to me. I thought at first because I had Wyll with me at the time that they might have recognized him or something so I switched it out which didn't help. Then I was wondering if it's because of my warlock imp that I had that also didn't help. Then it was on the 3rd try that I saw the person that I had spared was at the front of the goblin camp and their aggro spread to the entire camp. So I killed them in secret and that seemed to work and I was finally able to explore the camp.

I think that this could have been made more clear that the camp aggro was due to a past decision. It was a pretty big disconnect to have that happen right after the game is trying to tell you that everything is good. Maybe have the Spared henchman have a text box or something about them recognizing you. Assuming that it's intentional that their aggro is persistent after being knocked out.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
+1

addict
addict
If you knock-out people who were attacking you, they still want to attack you after they wake up (because their disposition is still negative).

I think it's cool that they run back to their base once they wake up and warn everyone once they spot you.

Originally Posted by Shadowwize
Maybe have the Spared henchman have a text box or something about them recognizing you.

+1
Also, didn't like in the old games how "knocking out" became a forever combat aggro thing. This should fade over time. In BG1 it sometimes resulted in needing to quickly exit a room when someone was knocked out. It also meant that if this happened inside an inn for story reasons, you could never go back to that inn, even weeks or months later, because you would instantly be in combat with the person who was knocked out, and you might kill them on accident before you even knew what was happening.

veteran
veteran
People who you knock out should not be hostile to you upon waking up. That defeats the entire purpose of knocking them out and makes it objectively worse to knock people out instead of just killing them (I too, had this aggro'd-NPC-in-the-goblin-camp experience)

A compromise between reality (it's not like knocking them out magically makes them like you) and knocking out being actually useful is to have them talk to you! This could work similar to the "hey, there's a thief around, is it you?" dialogues, where you have an option to persuade/intimidate the NPC into staying non-hostile.

Link Copied to Clipboard