Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Version: EA v4.1.83.6620

System: Windows 10 PC

Platform: GOG

Issue: Zevlor won't progress any quests

Description: I can't get any dialog from Zevlor beyond "Find me in the caves" once he's in his "office". Here's the progression I've had with him so far:

1) Gate fight went well, he survived.
2) I punched Aradin for him after the fight at the gate. We had a nice chat.
3) I talked to him again after that, he made a comment about Aradin and said to find him in the caves.
4) Then I went and did some other stuff, talked to a few people in the upper area, remembered I need the Intellect tiara from Lump to flesh my Ranger build out because I dump-statted INT, so I went to go get that. Rested a few times because I did some other things along the way.
5) Came back and tried to speak with him and got the "find me in the caves" dialog again, so I figured maybe I needed to save Arabella first, or just speak with Kagha.
6) Went and saved Arabella, spoke with Kagha, then went and spoke with Zevlor. Still the same dialog.
7) Went and snooped Kagha's chest, came back and spoke with Zevlor. Still same.
8) Went back and tried on the save alllll the way back before I went to go find Lump, tried talking with Zevlor again. Still "find me in the caves".

I'm at the end of my rope on this one, does anyone know what's going on here? I've encountered a similar problem before on my previous playthrough with Astarion, and wasn't able to get any new dialog with him after the party when I beat the goblin leaders and brought Halsin back. After I turned him down (which I shouldn't have, let's be honest, maybe he's just being salty) he would always just say "if you're looking for a second shot, you've missed it" or something like that.

[this space intentionally left blank]
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I just tried to recreate this by going back to my save between the fight with the goblins at the gate and meeting Zevlor and going through the exact same dialog options, and I've managed to recreate the problem. If you rest, travel to camp, or even just reload the save (after you speak to Zevlor the first time & the second time - once in the pre-fight thing with Aradin, and once after) so that Arka runs past you yelling about her brother, that little bit seems to trigger Zevlor's dialog breaking and reverting to "find me in the caves".

I don't know if it's Arka running past or resting/travelling to camp/reloading the save that triggers it though, because doing any of those three things causes Arka to run by yelling about "that bloody goblin", which seems to be the indicator that you WILL encounter this bug.

[this space intentionally left blank]
J
stranger
stranger
J
Can confirm, have the same issue

R
stranger
stranger
R
Can confirm too

[Linked Image]

S
stranger
stranger
S
Broken on my game as well

veteran
veteran
I got that one as well. Luckily I had a save before the gate fight that corrected it -- I think it's connected to the missing inspiration point as well. For some reason the inspiration point goes away after the first Zelvor discussion even if you didn't use it.

Link Copied to Clipboard