Next Thread
Print Thread
#699530 15/10/20 02:45 PM
S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Do you think they'll let us contract vampirism in the finished game? Asterion is Baldurian so it would make sense that his sire Cazador is also Baldurian and according to Asterion only true vampires can turn others into vampires.

Last edited by Sai the Elf; 15/10/20 02:46 PM.
veteran
veteran
doubtful, but we can dream. It's an interesting recurring theme in this EA. It's like a stage where we have a version of the game that is likely to change, but we don't know for sure to what extent, so we sail on and there is a feeling of unlimited possibilities.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
I'd prefer to start as Vampire-spawn/half-vampire/Ixalan-style vampire race character.

That way, you can begin crafting the character straight off the bat rather than having to change gears suddenly halfway through the game. I've run an Ixalan vampire in PnP and they are not at all over-powered compared to other races. Obviously that uses a different worldbook to Forgotten Realms, but it shows that playing vampiric characters does not mean that they are suddenly min-maxed characters o' doom.

I think it unlikely that the race will be implemented as a playable PC race by Larian, but I'll lay odds that a Mod won't be far off.

journeyman
journeyman
If you are a 'weakened' one, I could see it. But there would have to be a rest-until-night option for true vamps.

U
stranger
stranger
U
uuuuhhhhhh i hope so!!!

journeyman
journeyman
They've said currently the only plans for playable vampire is Asterion, but they also didn't say no.

Originally Posted by seikojin
If you are a 'weakened' one, I could see it. But there would have to be a rest-until-night option for true vamps.

The tadpole negates that disadvantage as well as needing to be invited in. Even if you do become a vampire, True or not, that won't be an issue for you. As long as you have that tadpole.

U
stranger
stranger
U
That would be awesome!

veteran
veteran
it's seems very complicated to make it happen... unless no one is ever gonna mention it ingame.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
then you have the lack of nights........imagine you get your tadpole removed what then? Its always day outside, for now lets hope, will move in to basement and never get out?

H
enthusiast
enthusiast
H
Originally Posted by Sai the Elf
Do you think they'll let us contract vampirism in the finished game? Asterion is Baldurian so it would make sense that his sire Cazador is also Baldurian and according to Asterion only true vampires can turn others into vampires.

To be transformed into a vampire, you need to be killed by the bloodsucker, then buried for him to transform you into a vampire spawn. Can be done, but its seems a bit complicated uh. Also, being turned into a vampire spawn by a vampire means you ll be his servants, so there would be something like If Astarion like you enough, he ll turn you into a real vampire, but if he don't, you ll just be his pet and its game over. But well, why not.

If it's what it's takes to save the world, then the world doesn't deserves to be saved - Geralt
veteran
veteran
probably not, but it would be awesome

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard