Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24
Originally Posted by Some_Twerp753
Educated guess, considering the previous games and that temple of Jergal, but I suspect a god(ess?) is trying to return. We know a god can be killed but actually dying is harder (it's canon Bhaal's plan worked, and Myrkul is back too, both killed) so I wonder if this is a shot at making (hive?) mind controlled followers to bring one back from the dead.

wait a second he got devoured in my game in mask of the betrayer, he cant be back! LIES!

A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
When the dialogue was written the armor probably was not designed yet. Someone got the task of designing a shar priest and look at the top of the page: Complete with black circles and Shar tattoo. They could include a roll to recognize her religion.
Back to topic:
A god returning would be a possibility. But which one? And why does Selune to be absent?

Selune and Shar fusing? But why would they want to do that or need no followers, they already have lots.

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
old hand
old hand
This is all not true. In fact, the Absolute is a big space hamster, and his name is Boo.

[Linked Image]

How else to explain Larian's silence about Minsc and Boo? They don't want to make a spoiler ...

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
This is all not true. In fact, the Absolute is a big space hamster, and his name is Boo.

[Linked Image]

How else to explain Larian's silence about Minsc and Boo? They don't want to make a spoiler ...

Boo doesn't strikes me as lawful evil though

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Abits

[Linked Image]

oh, you won

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
veteran
veteran

[Linked Image]

oh, you won

I mean he is clearly directing all of minsc actions, but I don't know his motives... Neutral evil perhaps?

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
addict
addict
Originally Posted by ArmouredHedgehog
When the dialogue was written the armor probably was not designed yet. Someone got the task of designing a shar priest and look at the top of the page: Complete with black circles and Shar tattoo. They could include a roll to recognize her religion.
Back to topic:
A god returning would be a possibility. But which one? And why does Selune to be absent?

Selune and Shar fusing? But why would they want to do that or need no followers, they already have lots.

Selûne is back as a greater deity post Second Sundering (aka the start of 5e). She shouldn't be absent, her followers deserted the area (or were all killed/corrupted).

Currently in my 2nd PT and what seems to have happened is this:

There is a book at the Tollhouse that mention the following:
- The road between Baldur's Gate and Elturel attracted a lots of Selûnites.
- They built a temple (became the goblins camp), a village (must be the blighted village) and the Moonrise Towers (toll were paid there, so it must be towers between a road, mountain pass or bridge)
- At some point the Selûnites started to act strange, not timeline for this could be after the Dark Justicars showed up or before it.
- From the blighted village doctor's journal (in his secret lab) + skeleton with helmet that makes Shadowheart glow, we learn that Dark Justicars came over the village and raided it.
- If you save Haslin, we learn that the Dark Justicars went to the Underdark after that, probably following the Selûnites from the temple. With the leader creating a cursed shadow fog around the Moonrise Towers after they failed to take the place?. The druids of the Groves helped fight off the Justicars.
- Decades later (couldn't find a year anywhere), the Absolute took residences at the Moonrise Towers and started converting people (aka put tadpole in them).

It's hard to say if the Absolute has a link with the Selûnites or Sharrans, or if someone else just came over after the places were cleaned up by the Justicars...but we know from Haslin that the Justicars disappear one day, a whole army.

old hand
old hand
I think the Absolute is a trick of the parasites, as Lae'zal suggests and based on Priestess Gut's dialogue about not even knowing she has a parasite.

A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
Maybe what separates

our characters from the true souls is a kind of finishing ceremony including a strong connection to the absolute and amnesia. As the survivors could tell the other true souls about the tadpoles the absolute wants them dead.
If Priestess Gut really does not know that she has one of those things and told the truth then ...goblins are not the brightest. Someone like Minthara with all the drow paranoia should be more likely to believe it.
Could it be that the strange followers of Selune were locked in the Moonrise towers by the shadow curse the sharrans made?

Last edited by ArmouredHedgehog; 18/10/20 03:45 AM.

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
journeyman
journeyman

In the Goblin Camp its said that the Absolute is a "she". You also run into 2 humans Bryn and her brother I believe and both of them mention that the Absolute is a "she" as well.

apprentice
apprentice

A few more notes:
The visions suggest that the tadpole is angry at the absolute for putting it in stasis and using it
Someone said that one of the visions glitched for him and he could see raphael. Unconfirmed
the game logo shows a mindflayer with horns. Could Raphael be in a contract with some mindflayers to build an army?

Now that you mention it, there is a strange thing I saw during one of the first scenes, even posted about it, and yes, looking at it could very well be Raphael's wing tip, now if it's just a bug or he is responsible for the dreams in some way, cannot say

[Linked Image]

well
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Iszaryn

In the Goblin Camp its said that the Absolute is a "she". You also run into 2 humans Bryn and her brother I believe and both of them mention that the Absolute is a "she" as well.

You learn its a she much earlier than that, Sazza tells you if you stop her execution in the Druid Grove.

Then if you have Lae'zel in the party, she very quickly realizes the Absolute is a trick of the tadpoles.

Last edited by DumbleDorf; 18/10/20 07:25 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
any known dead mind flyer gods?
and also, I was reading about the gith and I thought that perhaps it has something to do with the lich queen's aspirations of godhood?

Per 2nd Edition, The Illithid had two major gods, Illsensine and Maanzecorian. Illsensine still exists and maintains a realm in the Concordant Domains of the Outlands, in whatsoever state that happens to be in the current edition.

Maanzecorian, however, was among the Gods and god-like beings killed in the Planescape adventure module 'Dead Gods', slain by Tenebrous (Who was a vestige of Orcus, clinging to existance after Kiaransalee wiped memory of him from the multiverse to kill him) using The Last Word. Maanzecorian's divine portfolio encompassed secrets, knowledge and philosophy. Followers of Maanzecorian's teachings apparently have started surfacing, which is unusual given their deity's death having occurred over a century prior.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf
I think the Absolute is a trick of the parasites, as Lae'zal suggests and based on Priestess Gut's dialogue about not even knowing she has a parasite.

The tadpoles are under control by magic, there are a few NPCs in the EA that can tell you that. They aren't the ones controlling things.

The amulet of the Absolute is the biggest redflag about who is in control of the cult or whom they are trying to piss off, as I don't think gods like to have their (un)holy symbols usurped.

Originally Posted by Ulla G

A few more notes:
The visions suggest that the tadpole is angry at the absolute for putting it in stasis and using it
Someone said that one of the visions glitched for him and he could see raphael. Unconfirmed
the game logo shows a mindflayer with horns. Could Raphael be in a contract with some mindflayers to build an army?

Now that you mention it, there is a strange thing I saw during one of the first scenes, even posted about it, and yes, looking at it could very well be Raphael's wing tip, now if it's just a bug or he is responsible for the dreams in some way, cannot say

[Linked Image]

what if that are sipder fangs and the absolute is loth? Spoiders lure the prey in too, seduction, promises of power. Lots of drow, drugary and under world stuff. Spiders in the pit. Maybe its revenge for selune and shar moving there base of operations and temples in the under dark. Loth got much more powerful after the second sundering. Maybe she did go full more crazy and now strikes out against the others.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by azarhal
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf

The tadpoles are under control by magic, there are a few NPCs in the EA that can tell you that. They aren't the ones controlling things.

The amulet of the Absolute is the biggest redflag about who is in control of the cult or whom they are trying to piss off, as I don't think gods like to have their (un)holy symbols usurped.

Agreed, the illithid option changes to this when you use the dialogue enough times.

I think the absolute is actually a minor god/person, trying to become greater. She's gaining a following, she has clerics to empower etc, plus there is netherese magic involved with our tadpoles, they've been tampered with. The friendly Illithid in the underdark tells you if the magic goes away you would turn into a mind flayer instantly without the seven day process. So the dream lady/guy is not the tadpole, the tadpole actually doesn't like the entity. I don't think we are dealing with a mind flayer plot here. I suspect part of the plot is stopping her/ taking over the faith yourself/joining the absolute or the bad ending where you just become a plain old mindflayer.

Last edited by Mozhad; 18/10/20 03:47 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by xMardeRx
Originally Posted by Ulla G

A few more notes:

[Linked Image]

what if that are sipder fangs and the absolute is loth? Spoiders lure the prey in too, seduction, promises of power. Lots of drow, drugary and under world stuff. Spiders in the pit. Maybe its revenge for selune and shar moving there base of operations and temples in the under dark. Loth got much more powerful after the second sundering. Maybe she did go full more crazy and now strikes out against the others.

Well yes, I mean that the people pulling the tadpole's strings are the 'absolute'. It would still seem to be illithid in nature, or at least borrowing heavily from Illithid magic. And with that the absolute could be entirely fictional and made up by whoever is pulling the strings.

Last edited by DumbleDorf; 18/10/20 04:14 PM.
A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
So the game tells you that you are a high ranking servant of the absolute (True Soul after using the illithid options) yet the other followers of the absolute (goblins) still want to kill you no matter what? That does not make sense.
Maanzecorian, a new option. The game provides many clues but still we are left with lots of possibilities.

The mindflayer vision clearly shows a group of Mindflayers being or being in alliance with the absolute. Maybe a small group trading tadpoles for nautiloid helms

I have noticed the amulet, it could be a case of "that looks cool" or imply an actual connection

The thing in the dream is pretty clearly raphaels wing.

A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
So the game tells you that you are a high ranking servant of the absolute (True Soul after using the illithid options) yet the other followers of the absolute (goblins) still want to kill you no matter what? That does not make sense.
Maanzecorian, a new option. The game provides many clues but still we are left with lots of possibilities.

The mindflayer vision clearly shows a group of Mindflayers being or being in alliance with the absolute. Maybe a small group trading tadpoles for nautiloid helms

I have noticed the amulet, it could be a case of "that looks cool" or imply an actual connection

The thing in the dream is pretty clearly a cambion wing. Someon saw raphael completly

old hand
old hand
Im pretty sure that 'true soul' is just anyone with a parasite, the encounter with Edowin strongly confirms as such.

Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard