Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
apprentice
apprentice
Warlord >_>

(I know 4E was terrible, but Warlord was a good class and deserves a second chance, dammit.)

But seriously, we absolutely need more healer classes, so I'm really looking forward to bard and druid. And I just generally love paladins.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Paladin (ideally Oath of Conquest, but I like Devotion as well), then Warlock (Hexblade or bust!), then Bard, then Sorcerer would be what I’d like next.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Monk

old hand
old hand
I just thought of one that's not on the list, but I'm not sure if it'll come up, Favored Soul.

old hand
old hand
Bard and Druid if I can choose two.

I like casters the most, but Sorcerer's aren't too much different to Wizards so I'd like to see those two added first.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by robertthebard
I just thought of one that's not on the list, but I'm not sure if it'll come up, Favored Soul.

Favored Soul in 5E is a Sorcerer archetype, and would be a fantastic addition.

U
stranger
stranger
U
Barbarian!!!

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Kavonde

Isn't that the same as they always were? They are the Sorcerer version of a Divine Caster, and more better suited to using the offensive divine spells.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf

Isn't that the same as they always were? They are the Sorcerer version of a Divine Caster, and more better suited to using the offensive divine spells.

Well, they used to be their own, separate class in 3rd Edition. So I was just clarifying for robertthebard that, if they're added, it will be as part of the Sorcerer class.

journeyman
journeyman
I'm hoping they add Sorcerer with the dragon disciple with it. Though I don't really play a Druid I do hope they add the Druid and different shape shifting other than a bear or a wolf.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Iszaryn
I'm hoping they add Sorcerer with the dragon disciple with it. Though I don't really play a Druid I do hope they add the Druid and different shape shifting other than a bear or a wolf.

On that note I'm itching to do another Solo run through of BG2 on a Dragon Disciple sorcerer.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Azazane
Druid, Bard & Paladin, in that order.

This exactly.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf

Well, they used to be their own, separate class in 3rd Edition. So I was just clarifying for robertthebard that, if they're added, it will be as part of the Sorcerer class.

How'd they make the jump from a Divine caster type to an arcane caster type?

old hand
old hand

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
O
stranger
stranger
O
They get access to the cleric's spell list, so they are both divine and arcane.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Ocece
They get access to the cleric's spell list, so they are both divine and arcane.

So the only similarity to Sorc is that the way they get their spells? That doesn't translate to Arcane.

Druid is the class most looking forward into playing, my favorite 2 subclasses are circle of the moon, and for a caster type circle of wildfires( i know the latter is UA but its by far the best caster type.Circle of Spores is also UA but is my third choice for sub class for druid, circle of land is awful on its own.)

For honorable mentions: paladin as subclass oathbreaker, and Monk with Way of the Long Death( way of the Kensai is also useful) I think the only class I really don't care for though is Bard, i think it should be added for authenticness sake and the few people in this world that actually like bard class, but really would prefer Artificer over Bard, and yeah before anyone says it i know artificer is primarily a class for Eberron campaigns, there is nothing that says you can't be an artificer in Faerun. And it is an official class for D&D 5e.

Last edited by soulstalker; 19/10/20 03:13 PM.
Monk. Primarily because all of the subclasses are great and I feel like we wont be seeing much from SCAG or Xanthar (I could be wrong though, Hexblade is so popular it would be silly not to include it in this game).

Sorcerer as a second place option because Wild Magic is a PHB subclass and if we are sticking to the vanilla book for this entire games content, then I am most excited about Wild Magic sorc, and Moon druid.... but this game is going to really be less about character builds if its PHB only. You can see it with how they've already done nothing at all to replace Great Old One warlocks "Awakened Mind" feature. They just give them nothing in this game. So Id much rather see them pull from books that they can actually adpat into the game, rather than follow some arbitrary rule of "PHB only"... however that may be a licensing thing alltogether and they may just not be allowed to give us Hexblades/Oath of Conquest/Swashbucklers

Last edited by pill0ws; 19/10/20 03:50 PM.
Iszaryn said: ....I'm hoping they add Sorcerer with the dragon disciple with it. Though I don't really play a Druid I do hope they add the Druid and different shape shifting other than a bear or a wolf.

In response: I hope so also, i would like to see it where you can become every animal seen in BG3 so long as you have the ability to shift into that lvl of CR, you should be able to. Further more may be a few others since you know that the characters are all from Baldur's Gate you know they grew up in a urban and grassland area , also maybe a few costal creatures( since there so close to the sea) on top of what is found within the game. but once you see a creature , you can use its form in wildshape so long as you have the ability to wild shape into that CR beast/elemental( if moon druid.) Expect a TON of complaints if this isn't the case in BG3. It would be sucky if a circle of the land druid can shift into all the same creatures as circle of the moon, circle of the moon should get at start more powerful creature access from there starting list then any other druid subtype. After all that is what Circle of the Moon is all about, there wild shape choices.

Last edited by soulstalker; 19/10/20 03:39 PM.
Originally Posted by soulstalker
Iszaryn said: ....I'm hoping they add Sorcerer with the dragon disciple with it. Though I don't really play a Druid I do hope they add the Druid and different shape shifting other than a bear or a wolf.

In response: I hope so also, i would like to see it where you can become every animal seen in BG3 so long as you have the ability to shift into that lvl of CR, you should be able to. Further more may be a few others since you know that the characters are all from Baldur's Gate you know they grew up in a urban and grassland area , also maybe a few costal creatures( since there so close to the sea) on top of what is found within the game. but once you see a creature , you can use its form in wildshape so long as you have the ability to wild shape into that CR beast/elemental( if moon druid.) Expect a TON of complaints if this isn't the case in BG3. It would be sucky if a circle of the land druid can shift into all the same creatures as circle of the moon, circle of the moon should get at start more powerful creature access from there starting list then any other druid subtype. After all that is what Circle of the Moon is all about, there wild shape choices.

Builing up a list of Wildshape forms for a druid should be similar to a wizard adding to his spell book. It gives them something specific to their class that they can focus on progression for. At least thats how a lot of DM's do it

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard