Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
Peacefully resolving the gith encounter leaves her remarking about searching the bodies so we can find their tadpole killer ourselves. The only bodies around are Fist and contain no clues. It appears the patrol despawns so it's not like this is a subtle nod to attack them. What am I missing? And no, it's not in the pouch that's hard to find next to the bridge.

veteran
veteran
I wonder whether we can even complete this quest in EA. Has anyone finished this quest line?

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
stranger
stranger
Yes, I found no clue among the bodies. Maybe if you fight the Githyanki Patrol and manage to defeat them her remark would make sense.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Killing the patrol didn’t really reveal anything. It just:
opens up a quest to go find and kill the dragon-riding guy.

apprentice
apprentice
Whoa there's a way to NOT fight them? Good to know

Tuuch! Tuuch! Tuuch!
P
P
Yeah, Lae'zel can take a conversation path that leads them to be annoying but non-hostile.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Skryia
Killing the patrol didn’t really reveal anything. It just:
opens up a quest to go find and kill the dragon-riding guy.

That IS quite interesting - if we get to keep the pet, that is

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Postwave
Yeah, Lae'zel can take a conversation path that leads them to be annoying but non-hostile.

You can still resolve it peacefully if you butt in, too.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I killed the githyanki patrol. The main woman had something on her. When you use it, it plays a cut scene.

Love and sausages xx
N
old hand
old hand
N
I also killed the githyanki patrol. But the main woman had nothing on her and I had no cutscene.

Originally Posted by SacredWitness
Peacefully resolving the gith encounter leaves her remarking about searching the bodies so we can find their tadpole killer ourselves. The only bodies around are Fist and contain no clues. It appears the patrol despawns so it's not like this is a subtle nod to attack them. What am I missing? And no, it's not in the pouch that's hard to find next to the bridge.

I think it's a bug/oversight. If fighting, as mentioned by 0Muttley0 you
find a Gith'yanki artifact that Lae'zel will activate in order to find the loaction of the creech. It's not possible to visit that area, but it's along one of the three routes to progress to Moonrise Tower (Underdark being the only one available in EA).

apprentice
apprentice
None of them dropped anything for me, not even Baretha, so I guess it's still super duper buggy.

Originally Posted by Abits
I wonder whether we can even complete this quest in EA. Has anyone finished this quest line?

I completed this quest, the rogue Githyanki girl has a story item that you click and use, and it loads up a cutscene with Lae'zel.

veteran
veteran
This time around I found a quest item on the main gith girl. if you double click it you'll get another scene.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
journeyman
journeyman
I've completed this quest once fighting with nothing dropping and second playthrough no fight and still nothing to be found. Both times the item just showed up in my inventory later in the game. This must be bugged

stranger
stranger
I've searched and researched the bodies... I can't find the story item

K
stranger
stranger
K
Lae'zel pushing the creche so hard is a bit of a fail at this point in development. If you decide to listen to her and push to the Patrol ASAP you either have to cheese the fight or get your ass kicked (at least that's how it seemed when I arrived level 3)

Or you get lucky in the chat and hit the peaceful outcome that leaves the quest in limbo as there is no Githyanki body to search. And you just leave it hanging and head back and do the Grove stuff.

Of course I could be missing stuff but for immersion, I think it's best to completely ignore her advice and not seek out the patrol.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by FatePeddler
Originally Posted by Abits

I completed this quest, the rogue Githyanki girl has a story item that you click and use, and it loads up a cutscene with Lae'zel.

This

veteran
veteran
I think Larian should really do something about this one. Either make it impossible to lose the story item (for example trigger the scene the minute battle is over regardless of where the bodies are) or remove Laezel's line if there are no bodies (which seems to be something that Many players do when this pit is so push inciting)

I imagine you will be able to find the creche some other way if you push the gith'yanki with the item. You need to find them without any gith artifacts if you resolve it peacefully after all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard