Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#704705 18/10/20 01:19 PM
addict
OP Offline
addict
Now, this is so far down the priority list it's hardly worth mentioning right now. but I really hope you guys don't forget to implement some great Easter eggs or naughty references in the game.

WhatCulture just reminded me of Peter of the North in BG.

M
M
I found an ioun stone on a squirrel with +1 to luck laugh

old hand
old hand
Easter eggs would be nice, at least when the player is winning a battle that was not scripted to win. After defeating the demon-commander from the prologue, I expected an interesting cast scene, dialogues, the reaction of a mind flayer to such a strong gladiator before the Game over window

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
L
stranger
stranger
L
Among the many ideas for easter eggs even by references:

Famous roleplayers of the world like the Mighty Nein and others. (imagine if you could meet them in game!)
The animated series of old.
Famous modules like the Temple of elemental Evil, Tomb of Horrors, etc.
Famous characters: Drizzit, Elminister, Acererak, Strahd von Zarovich, Mordenkainen.

And of course, recurring characters from the previous games!

What do you think?

Last edited by Lariat; 23/10/20 02:10 PM.
D
old hand
old hand
D
I found a book about a special breed of hamster. Does that count?

old hand
old hand
I remembered an interesting situation with squirrels in "Rick and Morty" when Morty could talk to animals:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfkaLT5zxIY

It would be interesting to see some of the squirrels in the game, referencing Rick and Morty as an Easter egg when casting "Talk to Animals"

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
L
stranger
stranger
L

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Mxiio

WHAT? Now I have to go around and murder all the animals also, this wont be good for my carma smile
Thanks for the tip.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Originally Posted by Mxiio

Didn't do the squirrel a lot of good, though, did it?

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Mordenkainen is mentioned in the game by the way.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
I mentioned in a thread that I'd like to see Mitch Pileggi make an appearance as Dak'kon. Even if it's just a small cameo, I'd love that.

I'd like to see a number of references to the old Infinity Engine games – even if I don't understand how a bunch of these people would still be alive 100 years later (Volo, the rumor of Minsc being in the game). You could definitely include some non-human characters and have the timeline still make sense. Viconia and Jaheira would be cool to see, for instance. Tiax would be very fun to see. Does Tiax in fact rule all 100 years later?

If you end up going to the Nine Hells (presumably to tie BG3 to Descent Into Avernus), maybe you get to see Irenicus getting the crap beaten out of him by demons and devils. An appearance by Tiamat would also be epic.

Last edited by KingNothing69; 23/10/20 05:21 PM.
addict
OP Offline
addict
Now now everybody, I understand the wishes for this and that to be included in the game...but it won't really be easter eggs if we tell them what we want to see, will it? smile

In this particular aspect of the game I want Larian to surprise us. Hide some of those eggs well and be clever when creating them. The example I mentioned before, Peter of the North, is something that went completely over my head when I first played BG. But then I was 13 years old and didn't know that much about adult movie actors. Well, at least I didn't care about learning their names at the time :P

Which made it such a more fun "wait a minute?" moment when I played it again being older smile

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by KingNothing69
[url=https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=91604&Number=699807] even if I don't understand how a bunch of these people would still be alive 100 years later (Volo, the rumor of Minsc being in the game). You could definitely include some non-human characters and have the timeline still make sense. .

Minsc has apparently been petrified all this time and just recently brought back to his old self.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Originally Posted by Angra

Minsc has apparently been petrified all this time and just recently brought back to his old self.

It was probably one of those damn basilisks! Boo probably warned him to steel himself, but Minsc was overly confident about butt kicking for goodness and got himself petrified like Branwen.

One of my favorite easter eggs I encountered in the past couple years was finding the painting of Guybrush Threepwood from Monkey Island in Uncharted 4. That was a lovely nod.

Link Copied to Clipboard