Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#704723 18/10/20 01:31 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Well, pretty straight foward, this is a ROLEPLAYING game, why the only way friends and other spells like this, are viable are if we the players know we are about to have a conversation.

So maybe, have us roll in dialogue for the spell, and even sleight of hand to hide it if necessary!

Thats it! Bye!!

Last edited by Lucketmi; 18/10/20 01:54 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Spells can't be hidden easily.
Verbal component for once always have to be pronounced aloud. Attempt to speak it quietly will simply cause spell failure.
Somatic components also very obvious to observants.
And even if you manage to hide both verbal and somatic component via sorcerer's subtle spell - spell dweomer still will be clearly visible to anyone who see spellcaster.

Hiding a spell can be an option like in a loud crowd, where no one directly observes you. But in dialog it's pointless even proposing any skillcheck to attempt of hiding the spell. It's waaaay too obvious.

P.S. Hence even psionics can't easily hide their power manifestation. It's likewise accompanied by sounds, visual, and other too obvious effects.

Last edited by Redwyrm; 18/10/20 01:57 PM.
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
+1

Not even needs rolls, like speak with animals, but this is very much a needed feature, currently greatly reduced the usefulness of some social oriented spells which you'd need to prepare beforehand.

Last edited by pgmoro; 18/10/20 02:02 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Swen already said that spells like Friends and Detect Thoughts will be included in the dialogue, so don't worry laugh

Necromancy is just recycling...
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Originally Posted by Druid_NPC
Swen already said that spells like Friends and Detect Thoughts will be included in the dialogue, so don't worry laugh

Wow great news, was there some recent Interview ir something or old news that I Just missed?

I Hope they have consequences for player as npcs Will notice, and will make playing a sorcerer with subtle spell super useful

journeyman
journeyman

But will other party members be able to cast spells?

journeyman
journeyman
I’ve seen Detect Thoughts used in dialogue. What I would like, as the OP suggested, is being able to cast those spells during dialogue. I really don’t want to quicksave all the time in case I end up in a conversation where I would have liked to use those spells.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by pgmoro

Wow great news, was there some recent Interview ir something or old news that I Just missed?

I Hope they have consequences for player as npcs Will notice, and will make playing a sorcerer with subtle spell super useful

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/763351879

Swen talks about dialogue at 44:00

Necromancy is just recycling...

Link Copied to Clipboard