Next Thread
Print Thread
#705217 18/10/20 07:59 PM
A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
I do not know whether it is due to configuration or a very slow server hosting this forum but its availability is bad. Maybe it's the telco choosing some obscure path somewhere between here and the server but I wanted to mention it.
Oh now I have seen a nicer error message. It is the server/forum software.

Last edited by ArmouredHedgehog; 18/10/20 08:52 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
May I ask what the error message said? My inclination was to believe it was a hosting problem but I am concerned about the number of outages we've seen.

J'aime le fromage.
A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
It said that the server could not handle the request. Due to overload or other problems. I don't think it is overload because I have seen bigger forums run smoothly on old 500MHz SGI servers back in the day.
If I get a more detailed error message I will post it here. But there is a problem somewhere.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Thanks. I don't know the precise details of the hosting but my presumption is that it's on a virtual server of some sort and the underlying infrastructure sometimes has a bad hair day. And then there's Cloudflare which also comes with its own "issues". Raze is waiting for a response which hasn't yet been forthcoming, probably as it's the weekend.

J'aime le fromage.
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
I had similar timeout issues yesterday evening (GMT). I managed a few minutes on the forums, but then gave up. The site was practically unusable.

I had no issues elsewhere online, and the error message pointed the finger at Larian's servers.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard